Home > Announcements > Rewriting: complete

AuthorMessage
kirayasha ^^: Can someone explain why Ficwad is now eating my quotation marks & replacing them with gibberish, & when I try to upload a filtered web, hoping that this'll cure the problem, it keeps telling me there's no story being uploaded? I can't even get my italics to work... cries Despite the occasional glitch, I think Ficwad was much easier to use before, cuz it actually worked when you did something. sighs
kirayasha
help!!
^^: Can someone explain why Ficwad is now eating my quotation marks & replacing them with gibberish, & when I try to upload a filtered web, hoping that this'll cure the problem, it keeps telling me there's no story being uploaded? I can't even get my italics to work... cries Despite the occasional glitch, I think Ficwad was much easier to use before, cuz it actually worked when you did something. sighs
Michelle Okay, I have a few things as well.

The very prominent ratings need a little getting used to. I've never been a fan of them, but I guess making them so very big was intentional. Though, I don't think coloring stories according to rating is useful in any way. That's what the filter is for. The colors are redundant.

Are the original posting/update dates coming back? Because as of now the stories in the profile pages are totally messed up. It looks equally confusing in the categories.

The reviews are not showing in some cases (I would guess it has something to do with the messed up posting date, but I'm not sure). They are there, but not showing in the overall story listing. See reviews here (both links go to the same story taken randomly out of my account): http://www.ficwad.com/story/14754/reviews and then here the reviews-link for the story listing: http://www.ficwad.com/story/14416/reviews

I don't understand what tags are allowed for story uploads. At the moment the page totally confuses me. My chapters get translated into weird BB code or something, with funny [] and *. Not user-friendly, especially since text doesn't seem to get centered. Will you post an explanation on what code is allowed? If I use a html file what will be recognized (I'd be especially interested in links and images)? Same goes for the profile page - "some html is allowed" isn't helpful at all.

When I edit a chapter and am done, what's the "You have updated the [expletive deleted] out of that story." supposed to mean? Did you mean to be funny and left the word filter on accidentally?

I think the blocks for featured and recent stories could be left out of the chapter view. A long chapter looks always like its dangerously veering off to the left.

At the moment it seems that I can rate my own stories, I see the link at the end of a chapter and I can click it - I didn't go further, though, because that would be cheating:)

Hope that helps you!
Michelle And I've got another one: additional characters get messed up at the moment. I tried í, ë, ä, ö, ü, ß. They end up being displayed in ASCII. Yikes.
Lachesis No way to delete a story, either. One of my stories has disappeared, a 4-rated with several reviews I'd love to have back.

And I miss the Preview option when you're posting a chapter...
cutegirl12356
Important
Hey...i had some issues with the chapter..changing thing...but now some of the stories have a blocked on them...i was into some of those stories will you please see about that as well...because i was crushed when i seen it highlighted and blocked...PLEASE HELP!
cutegirl12356
OMG
That was fucking fast...OMG...Yall've got it going on NOW IT'S PERFECT!...I love yall!
cutegirl12356
OMG
That was fucking fast...OMG...Yall've got it going on NOW IT'S PERFECT!...I love yall!
MCRFreak O awesome. I was missing the site. Im glad everything is back up. But Im kinda pissed my story got erased. sighs lol. Im so happy again.
MCRFreak
Im one happy bitch
O awesome. I was missing the site. Im glad everything is back up. But Im kinda pissed my story got erased. sighs lol. Im so happy again.

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 485516
  • Stories: 40154

Recent Stories