Home > Site Issues > May we ask for a feed (rss/atom)?

AuthorMessage
May we ask for a feed (rss/atom)?
May we as readers ask for a reinvertion of a feed system? Maybe similar to to the old (it is still described in the "Help"-Page), which was better than most on similar sites.
Personal experience has shown me that the Atom-Format is much more powerful in terms of content and esp reload/update control. If you generate the main feed-pages (all-cat and per-cat) once per hour and deliver them quasi-static, and In addition to extensive use of HTTP-Headers as "Age: [seconds since last update]" and "Cache-Control: public, max-age=3600"
"Expires: [time of last update plus 1h]"
keeps the additional serverload within limits that are controlable.
Thanks for the good work so far.
Agreed, I liked having feeds for catagories, stories, and authors. Neithe FanFiction.NET, nor MediaMiner.ORG gave all three.

The only issues I had was the formatting of the content in the feeds left something to be desired, which should be doable inboth RSS and ATOM formats, and the fact the feed URL format seemed more complicated than needed.

Both were livable, and I miss them.

However, I had been asking for the feeds to be reinstated for pretty much three months now, and do have doubts they ever will.
Agreed, I liked having feeds for catagories, stories, and authors. Neithe FanFiction.NET, nor MediaMiner.ORG gave all three.

The only issues I had was the formatting of the content in the feeds left something to be desired, which should be doable inboth RSS and ATOM formats, and the fact the feed URL format seemed more complicated than needed.

Both were livable, and I miss them.

However, I had been asking for the feeds to be reinstated for pretty much three months now, and do have doubts they ever will.