Home > Site Issues > Parent Category?

AuthorMessage
MangekyoChidori2089
Parent Category?
I want to suggest a 'This Ugly Yet Beautiful World' in the anime category and the 'Maximum Ride' series in books, but i'm not really sure what to do. I understand listing the names of the main characters and writing the title of the new category, but what the heck is a 'parent category'?
Anna-wa I'm having that same problem.
:(
MangekyoChidori2089 Someone please help us!
LaBellaMuerte YES PLEASE
help would be nice!
theheadlessauthor That would be great!

It's a little confusing as to how to suggest stuff, yet there are all these series nobody ever writes anything about...
xwingace A 'parent category' would be the category your suggested category would fall under. So the parent categories are those eight categories you first see on the 'Browse' page.

XWA
MangekyoChidori2089 Okay, I get that part, but why does it make you have to select something in that category?

If I wanted to suggest the anime 'This Ugly Yet Beautiful World', do I have to select 'Tenshi Ja Nai' since the title comes before TUYBW alphabetically?
geemelzzie Yeah, I don't get that either ... because it doesn't let you select "Books" or "Movies", you have to select something specific in that category like "Wicked" or "Star Wars".

I WANT TO SUGGEST TWILIGHT. D:
sidewinder I had the same trouble - I just submitted a band I wanted to post fiction about, but wasn't able to select "Celebrities" as the parent category. The main categories don't show up as selectable, only the sub-categories do. Very confusing.

Will this be addressed so that adding new sub-categories becomes easier?
MangekyoChidori2089 Please someone! We're begging you! WE WANT OUR FANFICS PUT UP!!

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 633619
  • Stories: 40446

Recent Stories