Home > The Melting Pot > Ranting

AuthorMessage
BlackAngelChick
Ranting
Alright, this is really starting to bug me. One of my stories has 110 views, but less than five reviews and no rating at all. We need to do something about this review shortage now.
I promise that everyone who posts here will get five reviews from me, seven if you have a really good rant, and a few ratings as well. Then maybe we can get some life back into this site!
Lyanvis I came on this site expecting way more than it delivers. It's a smaller community, so I figured, more people who actually read through a story rather than skim content and flame, right?

WRONG. I got a flame on nearly every chapter of one of my stories- by some who konws me, no less, claiming that I asked her to review when I never did.

This same person decided to use my OC's in horrible ways, playing them out-of-character as well as playing the established characters badly.

I have several stories up, all having three hundred hits- not including my poems and latest two stories, Matches Burn Twice and the apocrypha, and I have barely one review per chapter on the longer ones, and only because I know both people who reviewed The Oracle and one was bashing it to hell!

This site seems like it's user-friendly but alot of the people on it just don't review. I must admit I haven't reviewed all the stories on my favorites- but I haven't read them all either. My favourites list is more like my- must read list. I review almost every story I read.

But then, that's just me.
Lyanvis I came on this site expecting way more than it delivers. It's a smaller community, so I figured, more people who actually read through a story rather than skim content and flame, right?

WRONG. I got a flame on nearly every chapter of one of my stories- by some who konws me, no less, claiming that I asked her to review when I never did.

This same person decided to use my OC's in horrible ways, playing them out-of-character as well as playing the established characters badly.

I have several stories up, all having three hundred hits- not including my poems and latest two stories, Matches Burn Twice and the apocrypha, and I have barely one review per chapter on the longer ones, and only because I know both people who reviewed The Oracle and one was bashing it to hell!

This site seems like it's user-friendly but alot of the people on it just don't review. I must admit I haven't reviewed all the stories on my favorites- but I haven't read them all either. My favourites list is more like my- must read list. I review almost every story I read.

But then, that's just me.
Lyanvis Wow... oops. I didn't mean for it to post twice... I don't know why it did.
No_Leaf_Frantic flails arms wildly I have a bunch of stories written, right? Some of them multi-chaptered. Most of them are not rated or reviewed which drives me banana sandwich like you would not believe.

I have five pages of reviews. 98% of them come from the same person. (Thank you Slash_Addict).

I agree with Lyanvis. I thought since this place is not as big as Fanfiction.net, more people would be inclined to review. Not so.

I mean, I review almost every story I read. Even if it's just to say I liked it. At least I said something. I don't flame people either. I leave constructive comments and then offer to help them, if they so wish.

I've only gotten one flame on here. (Thanks to The_Rev.) I had a few on FF.net. That's why I left there in favor of here. I thought people would review more and they don't.

I don't care if you just say "I read it." just say something. We authors like to know people actually care about our stories enough to read them and leave us comments. It encourages us. The same way it discourages when you don't review.

Hopefully, more people will take the time to review now.

Thanks for letting me rant. :)
BlackAngelChick Ah, no problem.
helluin Ah, the neverending lament of fanfic writers!

The trouble is, I tend to use this site as my fic ARCHIVE -- a publicly-accessible place so that readers don't have to sift back through my FFX-dedicated Livejournal to find old stories.

That means I don't scurry out to read what other people have posted here often enough.

I am puzzled about the reader/reviewer ratio, though. I have few to no reviews on stories getting hundreds of readers. I don't they're all wandering off in disgust, because at least 20-30 seem to read the later chapters of my serials.

I don't read other stories on Ficwad often enough, but I certainly review what I read!

Donno what to tell ya, but good luck and sympathies.
BlackAngelChick You only write for Final Fantasy?
Cereal_junkie
I know tho.
I try to review every story I read because I know how you feel about the review thing, and most of them that I read I like anyway! I think I have a total of like 7 reviews in all. That's for like 8 stories, and I have like tons of views for some of my stories! Now don't get me wrong...I love this site. I LOVE it, but people...PLEASE! If you read something and like it, at least take 30 seconds to review it! Let us know that it's actually worth updating, otherwize we might end up not writing the rest of the story, or at least not posting it up here. Please. If you want the story to continue, the least you can do is give a two sentence review. Jeeze. Oh, and btw, what's up with the view thingies? I have like a certain amount of views for the first chapter of one of my stories, and I have like 10 more for the second chapter. What's that about? Oh, and to Lyanvis and No_Leaf_Frantic, I don't think I've read any of your stories, but when I do I'll review. I might review every chapter as a matter of fact. Love you guys. Thanx for the rant space. ^.^
quirky_sass
Soorry??
Ummm I promise to review all the stories I really like. I am new to the site, in a way, because I usually used Fanfiction.net...so see you around then.

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 489771
  • Stories: 40148

Recent Stories