Home > Writing Tips > Writing Characters Rightly

AuthorMessage
Ryter
Writing Characters Rightly
One thing I've noticed with my writing is that part of the hardest thing of writing fanfiction is getting characters right.

So, I think it might be a good idea if there was a topic regarding how to do that.

What do you think?
Pilotslover I think how much you love characters affects how well you write them. I know for a fact it's harder to write for characters I don't care about.
PhantomSith Study your character inside and out before you dare writing him or her out. A tick I love to use is studying pictures, the eyes the months everything. If it's a character from a movie or tv, it's even better, watch how they move and speak. Etc. It's all very fun if you like the character. Also, remember to try and relate to the character, that's very important.
Pilotslover I agree with that.
Study the character as much as you can, grow to know their nuances. (ack .. sp?)
PL
PhantomSith Nuances? I haven't even an idea what that means. Lol, some writer I am. ^_^
Pilotslover Nuances means the way a character acts speaks and reacts to any given situation and stimuli.

PL
PhantomSith Thank you, that's most helpful. I'm still young and learning, and of course, expanding my volcabulary(I wonder if I spelled that right...).
Pilotslover That's quite alright.
I'm still old ... ancient ... 20 ;) and I'm still learning things every day.

PL
PhantomSith Well, to get my age, subtract four years from yours.
Pilotslover nods Maths was never my strong point, but I can manage that. Lol.

No matter what a persons age, they can still learn things.

PL

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 601609
  • Stories: 40296

Recent Stories