Home > Site Issues > tags

AuthorMessage
arichang
tags
They should be allowed.

Yeah. That's all I have to say. ^^;

There are many, I'm sure, who use tags in their formatting and it would make life so much easier (for many) if tags were allowed... Just a suggestion, really. Do consider it.

After all, saving as a webpage using Word is a bitch. There's so much junk HTML in it... it personally gives me a headache looking at it.
arichang
-_-
i meant p tags.

... ay.
Rous Well, you could do what I do: I put a space between paragraphs for either ff.net or OSA when I upload a story there. Then, to post anywhere else, I just open up the story at OSA and copy and paste here. That way, I do not have to space it in my word processor, but I have it finished for those sites. That or just space it out on Notepad. Then save it to your disk.
Kemayo "After all, saving as a webpage using Word is a bitch. There's so much junk HTML in it... it personally gives me a headache looking at it."

Very sneakily, we take care of that for you. Save it as HTML from Word and upload the file, and FicWad will automatically clean it up and make it all look right.
tara_li
I dunno...
Ok, admitted MY HTML text is entered into nano (a linux text editor) by hand. However, when I upload it, it gets cleaned up too well. The paragraph tags disappear, and the blank line between paragraphs disappears. And, at least in the preview page before I post it as a story, I end up with something where the only way to distinguish paragraphs is that some lines are quite a bit shorter than others.

At a rough guess, perhaps your software is not handling unix-style line-ends correctly? (Unix uses ^L to indicate the end of a line, rather than the ^M^L combination that DOS/Windows uses.)

Let me know if you need a sample file to play with - I'll be happy to provide one.
arichang ahhh. thanks people. help very much appreciated. XD

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 485021
  • Stories: 40152

Recent Stories