Home > Writing Tips > Chapter/Story Overview

AuthorMessage
taker
Chapter/Story Overview
I've looked at my stories, and notice they are relatively low hits. Now I know my stuff isn't that always that hot stuff everyone wants (apperently everyone wants Fall Out Boy, Yaoi, Harry Potter, animes, etc.) I think that outside my choice of creating the specific stories/walkthroughs (Legacy of Kain Series), it MOST LIKELY has to have something to do with how I write the Story Overview. Is there any thing anyone can suggest.
pinkfroggie06 Explain a little from your story, or take a sentence out of your story. Ask a question in your overview. I have done that alot. I wish you the best of luck!

P.S. I write humor, fan-fic(Naruto), and poems (an occassional horror) But I have alot of hits.

Hugs and Kisses: Pinkroggie06
JesusKetchum31 I think your summaries aren't bad. If I were into those fandoms, and it weren't all sexually explicit, I might read it. You may want to go over the summaries with a bit more polish though--you've made some style no-nos that are small and subtle, but still there.

I think the reason your hits may be low may have to do with the fact that you're writing sexually explicit fic... I get the impression that that's not as popular in the DBZ fandom, for example, as it is elsewhere, and I personally tend to avoid it.

And I have to say, those prominent "boring" and "cliche" ratings you got don't really help, but there's nothing you can do about that.

I might check out that one DBZ story you have that's rated PG-13 when my busy schedule gives me a real break. I pull no punches when rating or reviewing though, so please don't take it personally if I'm somewhat harsh.
taker JesusKetchu31: Yes there was a rebellous... BORED (namely bored)... age I went through. I noticed a majority of my crap (I refer to EVERYTHING as crap) is sexually explict: My downfall. I don't care ebough about the "boring" or "cliché" ratings. Life sucks, you pay taxes, then you die. My way of looking at stuff. Pull no punches, I don't. If it sucks just say why though? That's one that that has always bothered me (to more or less extent) that noone is kind enough to say something like "This sucks because..." or "This is all right, you need to work on..." or anything like that. Meh oh well. I'll cry myself a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 603725
  • Stories: 40300

Recent Stories