Home > Announcements > Change to Categories

Change to Categories
Anime and Manga have now been combined into one category, to prevent any confusion when dealing with series that are represented in both.

We're working on some improvements to the story upload page, but in the meantime, please note that you can use our category suggest form (http://www.ficwad.com/suggest.php) to suggest characters as well, if you notice that the characters in your fic aren't available (or no characters are available). We'll try to get all suggestions added within 24 hours.
I have several stories involving Dawn from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Category suggestions might include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sara Michelle Gellar, Michelle Trachtenberg, etc.

I am now sure how the categorization should be. I just posted stories about Hermione Granger (Harry Potter genre) under Emma Watson. Again, not sure how you would want to do this. As the stories are about the character and NOT about the celebrity. Not sure how this should be done. Most appropriately probably would be to have the category "Harry Potter" and then have a list of the characters. I believe it is important to separate stories about characters in a story from the real life celeb. Again, I leave in your cabable hands.
oops. in the second paragraph it should read I am NOT sure how the categorization should be.
Uh...Bonnie, there IS a Harry Potter category, and a Buffy one. I mean yeah, the category you're posting in is blatantly inaccurate, but it's not a flaw in the website that you're posting there rather than the actual category, you know.
I tried emailing this letter to admin@ficwad.com but was presented with this message This is the mail system at host homiemail-mx12.g.dreamhost.com

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

If you are a current customer of DreamHost, please contact our
technical support team here

So I thought I would try here;

I'm one of the many authors who has been affected by the unfair bullying and censorship that has recently occurred at the Fanfiction.net website.

The fandom I post in is the Twilight fandom and I notice that is about the only fandom that you don't have a story category for. Is there a reason why you don't have a Twi-fandom and is it a category you would consider establishing?

There is a large number of authors who have been displaced and are looking for a home. The group who has initiated this situation tends to target larger, well known authors who have controversial content. These authors all have established fanbases, with large followings.

As I'm sure you already know, author's who are bringing site traffic with them are going to increase revenue for whatever new site they choose as a home.

I'm part of a group who is trying to keep the Twilight fandom from Fanfiction.net intact. We'd like a home where we can all continue to interact. Your site looks easy to navigate, it's crisp, clean and concise. I like the fact that you have categories for real person fics, and that you also have a NC-17 category, something that Fanfiction.net refuses to provide for us and quite frankly, the root of this entire problem.

I know that this is a multi-fandom assault on authors and there are others who may have already trickled over to your site, but it concerns me that you don't have a home for our category.

Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter. I look forward to your response.