Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

If At First You Don't Succeed

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Madison tries again but at what cost?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] [R] - Published: 2008-06-16 - Updated: 2008-06-16 - 3901 words - Complete

0Unrated
Everyone had gone to bed and Bob shut off the lights to the bus. As he made his way to his bunk he heard sobbing coming from Elisabeth’s bunk.

Bob knocked quietly on the side of the bunk, “Lizzie?”

“Go away Bob.”

He checked on Madison who was still somewhat awake.

“Your sister’s crying you want to go check on her?”

“She cries herself to sleep almost every night since her mother died. Just let it go.”

Bob hated Madison’s attitude about this.

“Lizzie, you want to talk about it?”

“Please go away Bob.”

“Let me make you some warm milk and we’ll talk.”

“Bob…”

“C’mon,” he said as he gently pulled her out of the bunk.

Bob went to the kitchen and got some milk and poured it in a glass then went put the glass in the microwave.

“Chocolate please,” she said in between sniffles.

Bob smiled at her and added some chocolate sauce to it.

After heating it for a few seconds he handed it to her.

“Be careful the glass might be a little hot.”

“Thanks.”

“What’s going on in that pretty little brain of yours?”

“You think I’m pretty?”

Bob smiled, “Of course I do.”

“Prettier than Madison?”

“I’m sure when you’re her age you’ll be a hell of a lot more prettier.”

“Thanks.”

“So what’s up kid?”

“I just really miss my mom. I had a great night and then no one to really share my feelings with at the end.”

“You have all us to share it with.”

“It’s not the same.”

“I know.”

“Tell me about her.”

Elisabeth started talking about her mother, how beautiful she was, how the they did things together, how every night before she sent to sleep she would just hold her while she told her how her day was.

Bob laid down on the couch, “Come here and lay down next to me.”

Elisabeth slowly did.

“Tell me how your day was?”

She smiled up at Bob and started talking before long she fell asleep with her head on his chest and soon after Bob too was a sleep. Madison woke up to get a drink of water and saw the two of them sleeping there. She quietly went to her bunk and took out the video camera. She was going to tease her about this so bad. It was then she realized the camera must have been recording when they got back from the concert because there was Bob tickling Elisabeth. She fast forward through that and started recording the two of them sleeping together. Suddenly Bob stretched and put his arms around Elisabeth and kissed her on the top of the head, “Sleep well kid,” he said quietly never noticing Madison’s presence in the room.

At eight Frank woke up and hit Bob’s foot, “What’s going on?”

“What do you mean?” Bob said groggily.

“You’re sleeping here with a seventeen year old girl.”

“She was upset last night I was just comforting her.”

Bob turned to the teenager, “Lizzie c’mon let’s get you to your bunk.”

It was twelve hours later when the bus finally parked at it’s destination.

Everyone got out of the bus and stretched their legs. A few minutes later Gerard and Lyn-z made it over to the My Chem bus holding hands.

“So we have the rest of the day and the night off what does everyone want to do?” asked Gerard.

“Why don’t we check out the sights?” replied Matt.

“Lets see what Adam and guys are planning on doing,” said Frank.

Gerard called Adam and asked them what they were doing.

“I actually wanted to go to the Mall all those in favor say Aye?” said Gee.

Most of the group said “Aye.”

“What’s the matter Lizzie?” asked Frank.

“Well we’re going to all these places that I’ll probably never see again in my life time and I was hoping to get to see something besides a mall.”

“Why don’t we check online and see what’s around okay?” said Bob.

“Thanks,” smiled Elisabeth.

“No problem,” said Bob.

They went back to the bus and Bob booted the computer that they all shared and Bob typed in Marysville, CA.

“How about this?” Bob pointed to the screen as it showed an area called Ellis Lake.

Elisabeth nodded excitedly, “I’ll grab my camera.”

They walked out and the guys from TBS were there.

“Lizzie and I are going to go to Ellis Lake and walk around, anyone want to come?”

“What are we doing Gerard?” asked Lyn-Z.

“I thought we would go to the mall.”

“I’ll go to the lake,” said Madison.

“I think I’ll go too,” said Adam, seeing how Gerard was now with Lyn-z.

“Can I go too,” asked Derek.

“I don’t see why not,” said Bob.

Frank pulled Bob aside, “Be careful out in public, innocent touchings can be misconstrued the wrong way.”

“Fuck Frank she’s only seventeen.”

“Love knows no age my friend.”

“What? Frank I think of her as a little sister, nothing more.”

“Okay, just be careful. Don’t forget a lot of charities could use that two million dollars.”

“Believe me I know.”

Madison couldn’t help overhearing the conversation between the two and now she was really glad she was going to the lake. She knew she just had to encourage Elisabeth just a little bit and they’ll soon be on a plane back to Chicago.

The five of them got to the lake and started walking around.

Madison pulled Elisabeth back “I overheard Frank and Bob talking and Bob said that he really likes you.”

“What? Then why hasn’t he tried to kiss me?”

“Because he’s nervous, his last girlfriend really hurt him. You’re going to have to make the first move.”

“I don’t know.”

“Look there’s a nice romantic gazebo in the middle of that island over there.”

Elisabeth looked at it and it reminded her of the one they had at home. When she was young in the summer she and her mother would have little tea parties with her dolls and stuffed animals. They would always invite Madison but she declined saying she was too old for such nonsense. As she got older they would just sit there and talk for hours. Madison was off with either their father or her friends.

“Want to walk over to the gazebo with me?” Elisabeth asked Bob.

“Sure I’m sure you’ll get great pictures of the lake over there.”

As they entered the gazebo Elisabeth hugged herself just thinking of the memories.

“You okay?”

She sat on the side and told Bob of her memories. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. Elisabeth wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips full force. Bob knew he should have backed away, but it had been so long since he felt someone else’s lips on his own. And when she deepened it he wanted more, not because he had those kind of feelings for the girl it was more the physicality and the longing that someone wanted you. When he realized that he was just using her he stopped.

“I’m sorry Elisabeth. That should never have happened.”

“But you kissed me back.”

“I know and I shouldn’t have.”

“I hate you.”

“Elisabeth!!!”

“Just leave me alone.”

She ran and passed Derek who ran after her.

Bob was beside himself thinking ‘How the fuck could he have done this. Hurt her like that.’

Derek caught up to her, “Hey what’s going on. I thought you and Bob were buddies?”

“I did something stupid. Are you happy? I totally embarrassed myself in front of the person who has been nothing but nice and caring since I got here. Maybe not in the beginning but you know what I mean.”

“What happened?”

“I kissed him.”

“Oh. Did he back off?”

“No. He kissed me first then he backed off.”

“Wow. Are you okay?”

“The weird thing is it wasn’t what I expected.”

“What do you mean?”

“I expected it to be I don’t know, more. I expected to have butterflies in my stomach, and fireworks.”

“It wasn’t?”

“It was like kissing a family member.”

“That bad, huh?”

“That weird. I guess I liked him because he’s been there for me.”

Derek looked into her blue eyes, “I can be there for you.”

She in turn looked into his chocolate ones, “After all I’ve done to you?”

“That was then this is now." He wanted to kiss her so badly but decided against it, "C’mon before Bob has a coronary looking for you.”

The two teenagers made it back to the rest of the group and met up with Gary. They drove back to the venue in silence. Madison had a huge smile on her face. She taped the whole incident and they would be going home tonight.

When they got out of the van and Bob pulled Elisabeth aside.

“I’m really sorry about what happened back there. I shouldn’t have done that. I guess my hesd is sorta messed up right now.”

“It’s okay Bob,” she said quietly.

“No it’s not okay. I really feel like shit for doing that. I hate hurting you like this.”

“Bob I’m fine, really. It was sorta like kissing a family member.”

“Nice to know I still got it,” they both laughed. “So we’re cool?”

“Yeah we’re cool.”

“Can I ask you a huge favor?”

“Sure.”

“Can you not tell anyone? I’ll lose the money for the charities if anyone were to find out.”

She looked down, “I already told Derek.”

“I’ll talk to him. I kept a secret for him a couple of years ago. I’m sure he’ll return the favor.”

“What was it?”

“Now I’d be betraying his trust if I told you.”

“Right.”

“I was thinking maybe a bunch of us will get together and go see the new Harry Potter movie. We’ll check online and see maybe if there is an IMax around and you can see the last of it in 3-D.”

“Can Derek come too?”

“I don’t see why not. We’ll get something to eat at catering and then head out. We’ll try and get there early to get good seats.”

Madison went to use the computer that was set up for everyone. She wanted to download her most recent video she shot earlier. She was checking it out. There in full color was her tormentor and Elisabeth in a mini make-out session. She smiled as she watched it, “Bye, Bye Bob.”

The computer was finally booted and she went to go on, but every id that was set up was password protected.

“Fuck.”

Just then she thought she heard Gerard outside with Lyn-Z they were getting ready to go to the movies with everyone else. Almost everyone from the band and crew of MSI, TBS and My Chem were going.

She walked off the bus and sure enough there was Gerard with Lyn-Z with his arm around her waist. She just wanted to throw-up.

“Gerard, can I talk to you for a minute?” asked Madison.

He knew he would have to face her sooner or later, now might as well be a good time as any other.

“Sure," said a reluctant Gerard.

“I want to send an e-mail to my father can I have your id and password?”

Gerard sighed in relief. Bob said he explained everything but still wasn’t sure how Madison felt about it all.

“Sure. It’s my id id GeeWay and the password is imissmikey. You sure you don’t want to come with us?”

“Yeah have fun though.”

When they got to the theatre they all looked different from when they left the van. Bob, Frank, Gerard, Ray and Adam all had their hoodies up hoping not to get noticed they were first in line and just stared forward making sure not to make contact with any of the other movie goers. Because there was such a large crowd with them hardly anyone could see them in line. Finally they were allowed in.

Bob sat next to Elisabeth who sat next to Derek. During the parts at the Ministry (where it was in 3-D) Elisabeth held on to Derek’s arm for dear life. He watched as Derek wiped her tears away when Sirius Black fell into the veil and Lupin held Harry back from meeting the same fate. She dug her nails into his arm as she watched Harry’s possession and the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort. A few minutes later the movie was over and he peered over to the teenagers and they were holding hands.

Back at the bus Madison finally got on line but when she tried to send the e-mail to her father it wouldn’t go through. She was sure it was another one of Bob’s bright ideas to make their lives miserable.

Fine she would get her revenge another way. She downloaded the rest of the videos she had of Elisabeth and Bob she was going to make a video of it and put it on that video web-site. But first she was going to have to try and contact Kelsey to help her with that kind of stuff.

The next day and night were spent at the merch booths. Bob wanted to take his young protégées to catering to get something to eat but Adam had already taken Madison and Elisabeth was with Derek. The concert was awesome as the crowd was bigger than that in Auburn.

By the time that Linkin Park took the stage almost all the Revolution stage bands had taken to the road. It was going to be an eight hour drive to the next venue and would leave hardly any set-up and sound check time if they left with the other bands.

Everyone else left again around two in the morning and most of the bands were sound asleep when the buses hit the road. They woke up the next morning in San Bernardino. Before they left Bob wanted to make plans with them for lunch. But both already had plans. Later that day he checked on how they were doing and Kate said that they were doing very well and she was thankful for the extra help. They sold out of merch early that day and Elisabeth and Derek took off to the stage to catch MCR. What Elisabeth saw next shocked her. During one of the songs Gerard and Frank shared a fully open mouth kiss. Derek just laughed at Elisabeth’s reaction.

“Are they gay?”

“No they just do it to push the boundaries a little, and the fan girls love it.”

“Well I have to admit it is kinda hot.”

“Fangirl.”

“Shut-up!!”

Madison sneaked off to the bus and found James’ sidekick. She knew it would be around eleven-thirty on the east coast but she had to call Kelsey.

First though she tried her father, as usual there was no answer.

She knew it was a Saturday night and the chances of Kelsy being home at this hour were slim to none.

The phone rang four times and the answering machine picked up. “Hi Kels it’s me Madison I’m somewhere in Cali just wanted to call…”

“Madison?” said a teary eyed Kelsey.

“What’s the matter?”

“Brian broke up with me at dinner.”

“I’m so sorry hun.”

“So how’s it going with, what’s their name again?”

“My Chemical Romance. I see that name all day long. The jerk has me selling stuff with Elisabeth and two other girls.”

“I thought you’d be out of there by now.”

“I thought so too. I have something that will get me out of here but I needed your help with it.’’

“I have picture up here of the, which one is the jerk?”

“The blonde one.”

“There are two blonde ones.”

“No there isn’t.”

“There is.”

“What website are you on?”

“Starpulse.com”

Madison quickly went over to the website.

“Which picture are you talking about?”

“The one where they look like they’re in a movie theatre.”

“Oh my god the one in front is Gerard. He has black hair now, he’s so much cuter, and a good kisser.”

“No way you kissed him?”

“Yeah. But now he’s with some girl with tattoos all over her body.”

“Gross.”

“Tell me about it.”

“Don’t they ever smile?”

“Yeah they actually have nice smiles especially Gerard.”

“Let me check another website,” said Kelsey over the phone. “Here’s a pictue of three of them smiling. Go to photobucket there’s one with three of them smiling.”

“The one that says My Chem on the bottom?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay the first guy is Ray. He’s sweet but from what I’ve seen so far quiet. He loves movies though. The next one is Gerard, wow he looks different.”

“Kind of scary looking.”

“Next to him with the really big smile is Frank, a jerk. He’s always trying to aggravate me. I don’t know the one next to him so that must be Mikey. He got married a few months ago and is on an extended honeymoon and the last one is Bob I think.”

“You think?”

“The picture next to that one is what he looks like now.”

“Does he ever smile?”

“Yeah he does every once in a while.”

“What’s his last name?”

“I don’t know.”

“Let’s see ah his last name is Bryar. Are Mikey and Gerard related?”

“Yeah they’re brothers.”

“Cool.”

“Bob’s kinda cute.”

“Are you serious? Are you gonna help me? You can ogle my tormentor when we get off the phone.”

“What do you need help with?”

“How do I make a movie thingy and how do I get it up on that video website?”

“That’s easy.”

Kelsey walked her through the steps and soon Madison said goodnight.

She heard footsteps and quickly got out of movie maker. She would save it for another time.

The buses left at one-thirty for the next venue of Mountain View CA near San Francisco. Who ever planned this trip is fried in Madison’s opinion. They were just up here two days ago and then tomorrow they’re traveling all the way back down again. It was another day of selling merch and they finally got out as usual Elisabeth and Derek took to the stage while she started work on her movie. She heard someone come in and closed the program. It was Bob of all people.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing just sitting around here bored.”

“Why don’t you turn on the television and pop in a movie.”

“I’m going to bed.”

“Night.”

The buses left at one thirty again and made it to the venue by eleven the next morning it was tough getting through Los Angeles traffic in the morning. They had a full day off and decided to take the girls sight seeing and to the mall. As usual there was Derek holding hands with Elisabeth and Adam trying to snuggle up to Madison who just completely ignored him.

Madison hated having the boys around as she couldn’t make her movie. She went to lie in her bunk when she heard some loud screaming and yelling. She went out to the living area and there was Bob on a white guitar with everyone cheering him on.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Sorry did we wake you?” Bob replied still playing his guitar.

“No.”

“We’re playing Guitar Hero, and it’s our song Dead,” smiled Bob.

“And what’s Ray doing?”

“He’s playing it for real and I play it on the gaming guitar.”

“You messed up, ha ha!!” screamed Ray.

“Fuck you Ray, I was busy,” smiled Bob.

Madison decided to sit there and watch she had heard of this game and knew tons of kids at school swore by it so she wanted to see what all the hoopla was about.”

She was amazed watching both Ray and Bob play there instruments expertly. In the end Bob beat out Ray.

The whole bus started laughing.

“I hate you,” said Ray.

It was concert day and back to the merch tables they went, and another easily sold out day. Madison went back to the bus to put the finishing touches on her movie. She watched as she made the kiss last way longer than it did.

She heard voices coming back so she couldn’t upload it today. And now they were on their way to Phoenix where they would have another off day after that.

She needed to upload it in Phoenix or it will be another few days and she couldn’t stand it much longer.

Phoenix was a relatively short drive at six hours. Back to the merch it took longer this time to sell as they had more and they didn’t pack it up until Linkin Park started playing. Madison ran to the bus and the lights were all off. Great no one was there and she went to the computer.

She went to the You-Tube account she created and sat there as she contemplated whether to upload it or not. If she did she would get her revenge, but at what price? Could this video destroy Bob?

She watched it again all those innocent stolen moments made out to be something more than it really was, and then there was the kiss. She realized that she couldn’t do it. Despite everything for the most part a decent guy. There were no games with him and he treated everyone the same. She was just about to shut the program down when she heard a noise. She turned around and there was Bob. It was too lated he saw video maker going through the motions and You Tube minimized on the bottom.

He calmly looked at her, “Get the fuck off this bus. I never want to see you again.”

“Bob I’m sorry.”

“Can you imagine the embarrassment that could cost your sister? Did you ever think what it could cost me?”

“Bob please?”

He grabbed her arm and opened the door and literally threw her off the bus.

“Get the fuck away from me you fucking bitch.”

Madison had tears in her eyes and made her way past the buses and into the regular parking lot. She happened upon a four of drunken men.

“What’s the matter sweetheart?” said one as he smacked her face.

“A little boy trouble?” asked another.

“I can take care of that, make you forget all about him.” He threw her to the ground and started undoing his pants. The other three held her down as she screamed, “NO!!!” She felt her shorts and underwear come off. She closed her eyes knowing what was coming next. She knew that feeling all too well as it happened so many times before.
Sign up to rate and review this story