Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Massacre

Awkward Silence with Clothes On

by Noizchild 1 review

Rose goes out for a walk and a drink. But ends up running into Pete again.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-06-17 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 1655 words - Complete

0Unrated
Awkward Silence with Clothes On:

The Miami night was hot and smoldering as usual. Rose walked with "Jesus of Suburbia" playing in her ears. She was careful to stay in the well-lit streets on the night. Keisha had told her too many attack stories about women who walked alone in the dark at night. "Don't want Keisha to have a panic attack because of I decided to not walk in the lights!" Rose always thought to herself. So, she walked in the well-lit streets to keep her aunt happy. The thug boys whistled and cat-called her as Rose walked by. The woman just rolled her eyes. "Perverts!" she thought annoyed. "They are of Tony's breed!" She still didn't understand what happened. They were all close and lovey-dovey at first, but then it just fell apart into this. He didn't pay any attention to her, was unreliable, barely talk to her unless to get him some (which almost never happened.), and constantly shot down her dreams. Rose even wondered if she and him were still in a relationship. She kept meaning to look for someone better but, she just never got around to it. (Until now, that is!) Part of her was hoping to get with Pete again, but that was not going to happen. So what to do? What to do?

Rose looked all around her. There was no one in sight. She was just standing on the brightly-lit evening sidewalk all alone. She must have walked all the way past the thugs and creeps. The woman was now on an empty street. The only thing in was a 78 Camano parked on the side of the street. "This is odd..." Rose thought. It was clear she had never been here on her walks in the night. She must have came here when she was getting away from the thugs. In a sense, she felt... pretty excited! "Never been here before!" the journalist thought. "Let's see what's down here!" Then, she continued on with Garbage's "When I Grow Up" in her ears. The warm breeze was on her hourglass-shaped body tonight. "Too bad I didn't bring Emily with me tonight!" Rose thought. "She would've loved this!" The woman walked on with her music and the night.

After a few minutes, Rose felt really thirsty from her walk. She wasn't familiar with this part of the city. But it didn't take Rose long to realize that she was in the rich part of the city. She knew that her chances of getting a cheap drink was shot. "Lucky I still have forty dollars in my jeans pocket!" she thought. "Now, what are my options?" Rose looked all around her. All of the food and drink stores were too expensive and brand-named for her taste. She was close to looking for a water fountain. Then, Rose spotted a Starbucks. Now, Rosie was not a true fan of Starbucks. The only time she went in one was on one of those rare occasions when she and Vanessa were on their lunch break. It was already. The only reason she hadn't been back was because she didn't feel a certain need to. But tonight, anything looked good now. So, Rose walked over to the Starbucks and processed inside.

The Starbucks was crowded tonight. Rose couldn't believe that she actually could get in line. She turned off her IPod and stuffed it in her pocket for the moment. "Oh buddy!" she thought. "What the hell possessed me to come here in the first place?" Well, she couldn't back out now. Rose then decided to go for the next best option.

After a couple of minutes, Rose came to the counter at last. The teenaged-barista looked at her all tired and bored.

"Welcome to Starbucks, may I help you tonight?" she asked sounding like she wanted to go home already. Rose tried her best to keep smiling.

"Just a cup of water please," she said. The girl at the counter looked at her as if she was crazy.

"What?" she asked.

"I just want a cup of water, please." Rose repeated. Now everyone was looking at her. The barista kept staring at the crazy woman. Rose just looked around her. She did this the last time she came with Vanessa. Her friend had to step in and say that she was only kidding. Then she ordered Rose a small latte.

"You don't order water in a Starbucks!" she hissed to Rose afterwards.

"Why?" the journalist asked. Vanessa sighed and shook her head.

"Because," she replied. "You just don't do that! You don't go to an art auction to buy something that you could give in a ninety-nine cent store, now would you?" Rose thought about that for a moment and shook her head. Vanessa smiled at her.

"Good," she said. "Now don't let me hear that you ordered water here again!" Then, they ate their lunch in silence.

Remembering that, Rose just shook her head. "Just kidding, just kidding," she said. Then, the woman looked up at the menu behind the girl. "I'll a white chocolate mocha." Rose went on at last. The girl relaxed again.

"What size, miss?" she asked.

"A small, please." Rose said.

"Coming up," the barista said. Then she got the cup to give the woman her drink. Rose breathed out in relief. "That was handled nice," she thought. "What wrong with getting water here, away?" Rose waited in silence. The girl returned with the woman's mocha. Rose drew out her money and paid. Once she got her change, the journalist picked a table near the window and sat down. She took a sip of the mocha. To her surprise it wasn't too bad. "Mmmm," she thought. "It's okay." But soon, her mind began to wander elsewhere. To a certain person in particular. Her mind was on Pete Wentz again! She missed him dearly. The woman was starting to miss being in his arms again. She wanted to press her lips against his. That moment in the shower was the best...

Rose shut her eyes tightly. "No!" she thought again. "I'm doing it again!" The journalist tried to best out any lustful thoughts of that emo sex rock god out of her mind. But sadly, it wasn't working this time. She had been able to do so through out the day. This moment was really high tonight. Rose just couldn't think straight. Love and lust had taken over her mind. "Argh!" the poor woman thought. "What the hell is wrong with me?!?" She was close to her wits end.

Right then, Rose realized that someone was standing over her. The journalist slowly looked up to see... Pete Wentz standing over her. He was just as hot-looking as ever. He had a coffee in his hand. The woman took a long while to stare at her crush. Rose was blushing wildly. Her heart was beating like crazy. Pete just kept his eyes on her.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked. The woman kept barely speak at first. She was at a complete lost for words.

"No..." she yelped out finally.

"Okay," the man said. Then, Pete sat down next to her. Rose was in high excitement now. "Holy crap!" the journalist thought. "Petey is actually sitting with me! What do I do? What do I do?" But it all derailed there. All the pair could do was just stare at each other blankly. Neither one could talk at all. What could they say? This was the first time that they had seen each other with clothes on. But Pete and Rose couldn't say that out loud. They couldn't even acknowledge the fact that they saw each other this morning. Somebody could be listening to them. One little slip could lead to a new scandal. All the pair could do was to stare at each other. But yet, the two wanted to say something to each other. However, each time someone thought about something to say, it would fall flat on the table. The two were just stuck.

"Uh..." Rose said at last. "Hi..."

"Hi..." Pete replied back. That was all again. Both couldn't escape the fact: moments after one-night stands were awkward. This one was no exception to the rule. Not only was it awkward, but Pete and Rose couldn't say anything to each other's faces without it ending up in People or US Weekly days or weeks later. Yep, the pair was stuck in silence on this one indeed. But yet, there was some attraction present between them. Not just some little crush either. The attraction was the full on I want you to be my soul mate forever and ever. Both seemed to want the other as their lover. They want to just leave this Starbucks and have a long night together. Sadly, a huge electric fence stood between them. The moment was rising up quickly. Pete and Rose both wanted to act on this new growing desire. Sadly, people were watching...

Suddenly, Rose froze up quickly. Something was touching her leg. The woman suddenly had some clue who was touching on her. She slightly looked to her left. Pete was looking at her innocently. Rose didn't buy it at all. She slightly looked down as if she had noticed something on the floor. Pete had his right hand lightly on her knee. Despite wearing jeans, the touch was pretty.... Arousing. Rose was in a heat trap now. This sexy emo rock god really wanted her now. Oh, this was so wrong! But yet, this was too good to stop. Pete was really enjoying this.

"I wish she didn't have jeans on now!" he thought. It was better nothing, he supposed. Pete slowly began to move his hand upwards. That really startled Rose. She quickly rose up from the table and hurried out the door. Pete just got up and followed after her.

Relax, Don't Do it
Sign up to rate and review this story