Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Notice.Me.

by Murphyslaw 4 reviews

Mandy is head over heels for Ryan Ross. With help from her neighbor, Brendon Urie, she schemes to get him to notice her- with humorous consequences.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-06-22 - Updated: 2008-06-22 - 832 words

0Unrated
Praying for love in Oreo's

Oh what a truly miserable day. The Grey clouds outside my window match my mood so perfectly.
I lay on my back on my bed, staring up at my ceiling, with only my pitiful thoughts to keep me company.
I am alone on Valentines Day. It is Valentines Day and I am alone.

I roll onto my side and clutch my bed covers close to me.
Was there really any reason to carry on living?

I closed my eyes.
I’m sure I could just lie here forever, and no-one would even notice.
Just me, alone and broken hearted.

I hear nothing but the sharp ticking noise of the clock, as the time slowly rolls by.

Not even my family have bothered to come visit me in my time of need.

I reach over to my bedside table and dip my hand in the pot of Oreos I had previously placed there. I find that every single one has gone.

Buddha must have it in for me.

I eventually decide it’s time to leave my cavern, to assure my family I am still alive, and more importantly; to restock on Oreo s.

So I drag myself off my bed, and take the empty pot downstairs with me.

‘Hey Mandy’ my mother greets me ‘What do you want for dinner?’

I glare at her. ‘You call yourself my mother? If I had died up there, would you have even noticed?’

‘But you were only up there for 3 and 1/2 minutes’ she calls from behind me as I storm away from her and enter the kitchen.

My mother just doesn’t understand the trauma which can be caused by a broken teenage heart.

‘Hey Mandy moo!’ Says my dad, as I enter the kitchen to find him standing there, all bald and shiny as usual. ‘Look what came for you!’

He hands me a small pink envelope, with ‘MANDY’ written across it.

I look up at him questioningly, then back down at the envelope. I open it and pull out the card.

On it was picture of two owls with a love heart between them. One of them looked normal, and the other looked retarded.
Underneath it, it read;
‘To me, you’ll always be special.’

I smiled, and opened it.

‘DEAR MANDY,
SORRY FOR THE CARD, IT’S ALL I COULD FIND AT THE ONE-STOP.
BUT I THOUGHT IT MIGHT MAKE YOU SMILE.

JUST WANTED TO SAY; YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL, FUNNY AND ALL AROUND AMAZING.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

LOVE,

YOUR SECRET ADMIRER.X
(WHO HOPES TO REMAIN SECRET FOR A WHILE)

I was, momentarily, genuinely excited- that was, until I noticed there was no stamp on the envelope and strung two and two together.

‘Thanks, Dad.’ I sighed, putting the card down on the table.

He pulled a confused face.

‘It’s not from me!’ He protested.

My response was cut off by the phone ringing.

‘Mandy!’ my mum called, seconds after answering it. ‘It’s for you!’

‘Hello?’ I said into the receiver, in the glummest voice I could muster.
‘Hey, wanna come over?’ The voice of my neighbour Brendon, answered.
‘I guess it would be nice to get away from this hellhole for a while.’ I reasoned. ‘Do you have Oreos?’
‘Yeah, loads.’
‘I’ll be right there.’ I said, putting the phone down.

‘You look down.’ Brendon said, as he answered the door to me.
‘I’m alone on Valentines Day. It’s Valentines Day, and I am alone.’ I said, stepping inside.
‘Well I’m here now, aren’t I’ He said. ‘Get any cards?’
‘Nope.’
‘None?’
‘Nuh-uh’
‘Not any?’
‘Zilch’
‘Not a single one?’
‘OK, Brendon I get it! I’m an unlovable freak who is destined to grow old and wrinkly and live life as a lonely, grumpy old hag, in a tiny house that smells of cabbages, with only my 27 cats to keep me company!’
‘That’s not what I was getting at.’
‘It wasn’t?’
‘No’
‘Oh. Well actually, I did get one card, but it was from my Dad.’
‘Oh.’
‘Uh-huh. So what about you?’
‘Nope, none.’

We both fell silent.

‘Did you send Ryan a card?’ He asked.
‘Yes’ I said.
‘What did you write?’
‘Happy Valentines Day’
‘Is that it?'
‘I didn’t know what else to put.’ I shrugged.

‘Hey’ I said ‘when you next see him, can you ask him if he got any cards?’
‘I don’t know...’He said ‘Guys don’t usually ask each other that.’
‘When do you next see him?’
‘He’s coming round later tonight...’
‘What!’ I exclaimed excitedly. ‘Here? Tonight?’
‘Yeah, with Spencer and Brent’
‘You have to invite me round!’
‘Mandy, it’s kinda just a guy’s night...’ He said, scratching the side of his neck.
‘Fine.’ I said, ‘I guess I’ll just have to start organizing a girls night.’

And I walked out the door with a smirk, leaving Brendon calling after me.
Sign up to rate and review this story