Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Massacre

Every Word

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Rose makes it home on the same night and gets a surprise phone call from Pete.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-06-26 - Updated: 2008-06-26 - 1170 words - Complete

0Unrated
Every Word:

I made it home at my usual time at nine. Davis and Keisha were sleeping around this time. Emily was sleeping near my door. I smiled at my little dog. "So cute!" I thought happily. "When you're not begging for anything to eat!" Then, I walked quietly down the hall not to disturb anyone and made it to my bedroom. (The last thing I want to do is to wake up that damn dog. I love Emily, but she can be annoying at night sometimes.) I made it to my room without any disturbances and closed the door behind me. However, no sooner had I made it into my room, my cell phone began to ring. Curious, I reached into my purse and looked at it. The number was an unknown caller. I was slightly confused. "Who can be calling me at this hour?" I thought. At first, I thought it was one of Tony's friends trying to call me for a booty call. I hate when his thug friends call me to hook up with them. Why doesn't Tony ever tell them I'm not interested in them and I'm his girl? Sigh Well, time to tell them off gracefully and warn them. I opened my cell phone and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked with caution.

"Rose?" a male's voice asked over the other end. My mood went from annoyed to confused. The voice sounded so familiar, but I couldn't a face to it.

"Who is this?" I asked caught off guard.

"Pete Wentz," the voice replied. I was really frozen up. Pete is actually calling me? I really couldn't talk now. Or was it a hoax?

"Are you really, Pete?" I asked in caution.

"Yes," he said casually. "Who else would it be?" I really froze up now. I knew then that this wasn't a prank at all. I silent walked over to the space between my bed and the wall. I crouched down in the near space to stay hidden.

"How did you get this number?" I asked in a high nervous-surprised voice.

"Vanessa gave it to me," Petey answered. I was now annoyed, nervous, and surprised. "Oh I am so getting that cow at work in the morning!" I thought pissed.

"Is this a bad time?" he asked me.

"No!" I exclaimed quickly changing my mood. I suddenly realized I was sounding desperate, so I changed my tone to save my grace.

"I mean, it would be pointless to hang up now," I reasoned. "You just called me." I was praying inside to hope that he would believe me.

"Okay," he said sounding uncertain. I breathed out easily. That was taken care of, but now what to say to him. I was now stuck. How could I talk to someone so charming and seductive as him? Well, he solved the problem for me!

"So," Pete spoke up. "Vanessa tells me that you guys are working on an article about British music." That was the hook that drew me in.

"Yes," I replied.

"So how far are you going?" he asked me. "Time era, I mean."

"Oh," I said as I was down on my knees and ducked down between my bed and my wall. "Just all the way from the Beatles to the Ting-Tings."

"Oh, interesting," he said to me. "Vanessa told me you came up with the title. You British are Coming, is it? Where did you come up with that?"

"It wasn't much," I replied brushing it off. "I was only joking around when I suggested the title. My boss took it and there we are."

"What are you doing now?" he asked me.

"I just got home," I replied. "You?"

"Not much," Pete said.

"How long are you in Miami for?" I asked slowly warming up to the phone conversation.

"A couple more weeks," he replied.

"So did you come alone or are the rest of the boys with you?" I asked playfully.

"Patrick, Andy, and Joe are coming here in a couple of days," he answered me.

"Oh, I see!" I said.

"Hey, there's a party at Club Little Devil's tomorrow," Pete said to me. "I was wondering if I could meet you there or not." I was quickly surprised.

"Wait," I cut in. "Are you asking me out on a date here?"

"Sort of," Pete answered. "I'll meet you there if you want. So do you want to come or not?" I pretended to think about that for a moment.

"Is there going to be any Lilith's Poison there?" I asked.

"No, not that I know of." Petey answered. "So what do you say?" I still pretended to be thinking about the invitation.

"I'll have to check my planner!" I replied innocently. "Hang on." I then acted like I was looking my "planner" to keep the suspense. After a couple moments, I returned to the phone.

"I'm free tomorrow night!" I chirped.

"Great," Pete said to me. "I'll see you there!" I felt giddy and excited like a little schoolgirl. We spend the whole night talking to each other on the phone. I was in and out between happiness, love, and reality. The reality part of me was the one listening. We ended talking about music, dogs, life, high school, more music, movies, more about dogs, and even music. It turns out, Pete hates the way MTV has gone to the dogs as much as I do. Everything was going great until I noticed something in my room.

"Oh shit!" I muttered to him in shock.

"What's wrong?" Petey asked me.

"It's past midnight!" I exclaimed.

"What?" he asked me confused.

"We have been on the phone for three hours now!" I called in surprise. I had been talking to Petey and hadn't been keeping track of time. But yet, I didn't really seem to care as much.

"So, do you want to hang up?" he asked.

"Do you?" I asked him.

"Do you?" Petey asked me. We had this debate for a few seconds until we came up with a silly little idea.

"I know," Petey said to me. "We'll hang up together on the count of three. Okay?"

"Okay!" I agreed. "One."

"Two," he said back.

"Three!" we both said. Then we both hung up the phone. I leapt up on my bed and held my cell phone to my heavy chest. Tony and I were never like this on the phone. The calls between him and me when he ever called me were only close to five to ten seconds. But, Petey and I were on the phone from nine to midnight. Right then, I knew that I just had to have him! Forget about Ashlee and Tony! Petey and I should be together as lovers! I closed my eyes and fell asleep to Kylie Minogue's "Love at First Sight" playing in my head. You can bet I had sweet dreams that night, boy!

My Whole Life Has Changed Since You Came In
Sign up to rate and review this story