Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Mindless Romance

Chapter 4

by GracieFoxx 2 reviews

Flashback time.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-30 - Updated: 2008-06-30 - 768 words

1Exciting
FLASHBACK
GERARD'S POINT OF VIEW

~~~~~~~~~~

“It’s such a beautiful night, huh?” I asked Lyn-Z

“Yeah,” she said, but it was evident that her mind was elsewhere.

“Everything ok?” I asked her.

She looked into my eyes and I could tell something was wrong.

“Guys!” We heard someone yell for us.

I looked up to see Anna Showers, a friend of ours who was at the wedding. She ran over to us panting as she stopped.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked

“Oh, you two are so cute together,” Anna cooed, still trying to catch her breath, she straightened up a little. “I hate having to tell you guys this, but I guess I have too…Rochelle, you know, my friend who married you two, well she’s sorta…not… a licensed pastor.”

I stared blankly at her for a moment…I didn’t really know how to react.

“What?” I asked in disbelief.

“No, no, no! She was, see? But her license expired, like a week before she married ya’ll,” Anna explained.

“So you’re saying we’re not really married?” I was a little shocked at this point. I turned to see how Lyn-Z was taking it but she refused to make eye-contact with me again.

“Oh, I’m so sorry Gerard!” Anna tried to comfort me, “But hey! There’s actually a church not to far from here and they’re bound to have a minister with an up-to-date license!”

“Thanks Anna,” I said, putting on the best fake smile I could.

She smiled warmly and headed back to her friends, leaving Lyn-Z and I alone again.

“Well that was strange,” I said trying to lighten up the mood.

“Yeah,” was her only response.

After a brief moment of even more quiet, I got an idea…

“Hey, let’s go somewhere together. How about The Inn? My treat.”

Her eyes widened at my offer. The Inn was the highest quality restaurant I could think of. Finally, she turned to meet my eyes once again. They glistened with that happiness that I loved so much.

“Ok,” she agreed.

We went to The Inn, and she hesitated when she saw the prices on the menu. I figured it was a special enough occasion, so I told her not to worry about it, and get whatever she wanted. It was a wonderful dinner, even though we didn’t talk much. Lyn-Z seemed very preoccupied with her freshly cooked lobster. After we finished and the plates were taken away, I leaned my elbows on the tabled and attempted to make eye-contact with her again. Still, she fiddled with her bracelets as though she didn’t know I was looking at her.

“Lyn-Z,” I began, (she still didn’t look up.)

“I know today has been kind of rough…”

Suddenly she looked up at me and nodded.

“But I love you…” I continued.

“I love you too,” she smiled weakly.

“So I was wondering if you wanted to get married again…for real I mean…”


~~~~~~~~~~~~
END OF FLASHBACK
BACK TO SHAYDE’S POINT OF VEIW

~~~~~~~~~~~~


“And then her eyes got all wide and she just backed up and left!” Gerard finished.

“That makes no sense…” I said.

Something was seriously wrong from what I could tell. From the way Gerard described Lyn-Z’s behavior, something must have been off beat in the first place.

“Then I had to pay $168 at that stupid restaurant for NOTHING!" he said loudly.

“You still need to tell the others,” Mikey put in.

“He’s right,” I said, looking intently at Gerard.

He sighed, “Ok, I’ll tell them later tonight,” he replied.

We stayed in the restaurant for a bit longer to make it seem like we’d actually eaten. Pretty soon we made our way back to the bus and met up with the others.

“How was lunch?” I asked casually.

“Good,” Ray answered. “Except this one guy recognized us and asked for an autograph. He asked if Gerard was ok and we’re like, ‘yeah he’s fine, why?’
Then the dude’s like, ‘I heard him and Lyn-Z broke up.’
We just laughed and told him you two were still together. But it was weird, why would anyone get the impression that you guys are over?”

Gerard tensed up and looked back at Mikey and me. Mikey just stared at him insistently.

“You might as well tell them…” I said.

Gerard turned back to his band-mates, who by now, all had puzzled expressions glued to their faces.

“I guess I should’ve told you this earlier, but here it goes…”
Sign up to rate and review this story