Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Church of Being Left at The Alter

The Church of Being Left at The Alter

by arquero333 0 reviews

(Cobra Starship story) Even everyone's favorite guitar player has girl problems... Short Story :)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2008-07-01 - Updated: 2008-07-02 - 432 words - Complete

0Unrated
The day was finally here. The day I get married to the love of my life. God, I love Korey. Always have. Since the day we met, I knew there was something between us, and now here we are. We're standing across each other at the altar. The priest is saying those priesty things, but I'm not that worried about listening. I'm just staring into Korey's eyes. I've always loved those blue eyes. They don't have their usual spark, but I assume thats nerves. Korey never did like being in front of crowds...
"-know a reason that these two may not be lawfully joined this day, to speak now or forever hold your peace." I heard the priest announce. I looked out over the crowd and saw them all looking at each other to see if anyone would protest. After a moment with no one saying anything, the priest continued.
Good... everyone says thats the worst part of the wedding. Now I know why. Just waiting to see if someone doesn't think we belong together. Thats just plain unnerving. But with all our closest friends here, they all know how much I love Korey... we belong together.
"WAIT!"
Everyone whipped their head to the entrance of the church, where stood Patrick, one of our close friends who said he couldn't make it to the wedding.
"Patrick, whats wrong?" I asked, seeing the look on his face... it was definitely not one of joy and happiness.
"Korey, look... I said I couldn't come to the wedding because I didn't want to believe that you two were getting married!" he yelled
"What, you were the one that introduced us." Why would he-
"Sweetie, I'm sorry, but I've been seeing Patrick behind your back." Korey whispered. I stared at her blankly.
"Its true, Ry, I'm sorry." Patrick sighed "but Korey, you told me that if I really loved you I should do something about it... well here I am, asking you to rethink your marriage to Ryland and to come with me instead. Please?"
I stood there in shock. I wouldn't have called Patrick my best friend, but I definitely trusted him, and he's trying to take away my fiance. I looked up at Korey, in her beautiful white dress. She had a look of sympathy in her eyes... directed towards me.
"Ry, I'm so sorry..." she whispered before running down the steps towards Patrick. The last I saw of her was the white train on her dress drag around the corner.
So this is what it feels like to be left at the altar...
Sign up to rate and review this story