Categories > Original > Romance

Please Don't Take My Heart

by Jamette006 0 reviews

"You told me I meant everything to you,"her blue eyes brimmed with tears. "You do, Sierra, you do. But you couldn't...you couldn't honestly expect us to stay like this - to stay together forever." ...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 982 words - Complete

0Unrated
"You-You're leaving? Just like that?" Her voice shook as she said the reality of the situation out loud, staring at the curly haired boy through her tears.

"Si, don't worry. I'll be back; it's just - my career means everything to me right now." He said, placing one hand on her hip and the other on her jawbone, his eyes pleading with hers, a sad smile on his face.

"Your-your career?" She said quietly, her fists clenching the plaid fabric of his shirt, staring at him wide-eyed, like a deer caught in headlights.

"You told me I meant everything to you."

"You do, Sierra, you do. But you couldn't...you couldn't honestly expect us to stay like this - to stay together forever." He said, his smile drooping, combing his fingers through her brown hair.

"Yeah, actually, I did." She whispered, pulling away form him, wiping the tears off of her cheeks.

"Stupid of me, huh?" She laughed a little, slipping on her shoes and grabbing her jacket.

"But thanks for the amazing times you've given me. I mean, they were great while they lasted." She sent him a final smile before saying the words that cut him like razor-sharp glass:

"But next time you love someone, don't think that their heart is yours to keep. Because hearts aren't toys; they're not supposed to be played with."

Nick stepped inside the Hartford theater, the place where he would later be performing one of his many Best of Both Worlds tour performances. The place was huge, just like every theater was, but he felt strangely small in this one. for some reason, the performance he was about to do tonight was staying on his mind; not that he was nervous, but he just knew something weird was going to happen.

The show opened up and he was giving more energy than usual, trying to get his mind off of that strange feeling. They had played quite a few songs and were getting ready for 'Just Friends'. He handed his red guitar to a stage manager and grabbed his microphone off the stand, running up the ramp that was on the right side of the stage.

"When we used to be..." He belted out, his brown eyes scanning the rows on the right side of the stage. His eyes met those of a familiar face, and he almost threw up right there on the spot.

"Just friends..." He sang a little quieter, giving his all into his aerial, trying to shake the shock out of his system. She was back at such a random time - was it even her?

He was relaxed backstage, sipping every so often out of a Poland Springs water bottle, strumming his guitar. Joe was losing to Kevin in Guitar Hero, as usual. He rolled his eyes as Kevin thrashed, chuckling as Joe's fingers fumbled clumsily over the colored buttons. He heard a knock on the door.

"Guys, someone's here. Pause it for a few seconds." He stood up, stretching and yawning, and moved slowly towards the door.

"Good, cause beating Joe was getting a little tiring." Kevin wiped beads of sweat off his forehead, grinning. "It works up a sweat."

"It works up a sweat." Joe mocked him in a high-pitched voice, flipping his hair out of his face.

"Let's see you play the friggen tambourine, and then we can talk."

Nick rolled his eyesand swung open the door, where Garbo was standing in front of a girl.

"Garbo." Nick laughed, and the two did the classic 'pound it' guy handshake.

"What's up?"

"Uh, this girl got permission to come back here, and she ended up at our dressing room instead of yours." Garbo rubbed the back of his neck, smirking at Nick.

"She says she used to know you?"

Nick peeked around Garbo, his heart beating a million miles a minute, his pulse fluttering. It was her, Sierra, from Massachusetts, the girl he had left a few months ago.

She smiled at him, tucking a piece of brown hair behind her ear.

"Hi, Nick. Sierrs. From Massachusetts?" Garbo nodded at Joe and Kevin, and the three of them left, leaving Sierrs and Nick alone.

"H-Hey, Si. It-It's nice to see you." Nick stuttered, blinking at her through his messy mop of brown curls. He stuck out a hand awkwardly and she grasped it, smiling a grim smile.

"Haven't talked to you in a while." She said quietly, walking in the dressing room, closing the door softly behind them.

"I-I know. Been busy - you know, with the tour and stuff." He mumbled, wanting to punch himself for being so damn awkward.

"Do you remember what I said to you before we - you know, broke up?" Sierra asked, tugging at her shirt.

"Yeah. How - how could I forget?" Nick couldn't disguise the hurt in his voice. He knew that the whole break up thing was his fault but her parting words still stung him.

"It still bothers me."

"That's why I'm here." She sighed, putting her hands in her pockets. "To clear things up."

"Clear things up. Right." He said slowly, confused. Why wouldn't she have cleared things up months ago?

"Nick, I-I still love you." She admitted, taking a step closer. He looked at her, his eyes seeping into her and she bit her lip, doubting her next move. Before she had a chance to chicken out, she leaned in, kissing him softly on the lips, and drew back, her eyes on the ground.

"An-And I don't think that'll change."

She turned around; ready to walk out, walk out of his life again, when he grabbed her waist, spinning her around. He looked in her eyes for a few seconds and finally kissed her. She eased into the kiss but pulled away fast, tears brimming her eyes.

"Nick - please don't take my heart again."
Sign up to rate and review this story