Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Other Woman

Chapter 5

by marcialj83 1 review

Monica's POV

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-04 - Updated: 2008-07-05 - 920 words

0Unrated
I was running late for work. My son woke up crying. When I had checked him over I couldn’t find anything wrong until I felt around his mouth and found that he was teething. The next couple of days are going to be hell. I just knew it. Then on top of that the Babysitter was late.

Tugging down the Reprise Records shirt that I was wearing I made my way through the revolving doors. Walking to the front desk I said hello to Cassie. She was one of the four women who I was friends with at Reprise with. She had brown hair with blonde strikes and she was just as short as me, we only stood 5 feet.

“Hey Cassie.”

“Hey Monica, how’s the little one?”

“He’s doing fine expect he’s teething.”

Cassie scrunched up her face in sympathy, “Awe, that’s so sad.” She said as she fixed her cat shaped glasses.

“Yeah, I’m going to be up for some LONG nights now.”

Cassie knew what I was talking about. In fact all my friends did. I am going to have to put up with Frank’s demand for my time at night and deal with a teething baby. Sometimes I wish that I never let my guard slip, but it’s too late for regrets. Plus, I got the best thing from it, my baby boy. So, I take that back I have no regrets. I loved that baby more than anything.

We, as in Frank and me, named him Anthony Iero after him and his grandfather. When ever I was away from baby Iero I smiled. He was my joy, my life, and I loved that baby so much, but sometimes I wondered if Frankie felt the same. I didn’t know. He never tell me what he feels. It’s like guess work with him.

“well I have to go. See you at lunch with the girls?”

“You know it.” She smiled at me and I walked away.

I was a few feet away when she called out to me.

“Monica!”

“Yeah,” I said as I turned around.

She blushed and looked down, “At least he hasn’t been with any more girls after you. That has to mean something.”

I gave her a small smile. The last part of what she said was more if a statement than a question. As I turned around and started to walk to the elevators I didn’t feel that way.

Getting to my floor I had an appointment with MCR in I checked my watch, SHIT! It was in a couple of minutes so I couldn’t go to my office and collect my self before I faced Frankie or any of his friends.

Or relationship was so totally different at work. He treated me with indifference, which I hated a lot. It was like as soon as daylight hit I was his shame that walked around Reprise and I fucking hated him for that. It was like I was treated as a maid around him or I didn’t exist.

Walking straight to the conference room where I first meet everyone. Opening the door, MCR and Brian their manager where already there. Closing the door I walked to a seat that was next to Brian and across from Frankie, with Gerard and Ray to the left of Frankie and Bob and Mikey to the right of me and Brian on my left.

“It’s so good that you could finally join us.” Frankie said with sarcasm dripping from his words.

I glared at him. He was fucking testing me to see what I would do. So, I plastered a fake smile on my face and poured myself some water and said, “So sorry for the delay, but I think we can get started now if that is okay with you?” I looked around the room and they all nodded except Frank. He just leaned back in his chair and folded his hands as he looked at me.

Taking a breath I grabbed my bag and dug out copies of the marketing campaign that I wanted to do for MCR, Frankie’s Skeleton Crew, and Gerard’s drawings. As we looked over everything, it was going fine until Frankie opened his mouth.

“I don’t think so.” He said as he threw that packet I had made on the table.

My body stiffed, “Why not?”

“Because,” he said looking me right in the eye, “it’s a load of shit and I rather have a rookie do this, than what you brought to the table.”

I could feel my jaw lock up in anger, “Well, Mr. eye-Year-oh,” I said pronouncing his last name, but before I could finish he cut me off.

“I don’t want excuse. I want…”

That was it I snapped. I grabbed the pitcher of water and threw it in his face. Some of it got on Gerard, but it drenched Frankie who just looked at me in shock until he snapped out of it.

“What the fuck, you bitch!” he yelled at me as he stood up.

I stood not liking him calling out of my name. I looked at him for the longest moment and then I slapped him hard across his face, “Don’t you dare ever think about calling me out of my name again you fucker.”

Not even bothering to grab my stuff I walked out, until I hard foot steps behind me.
Sign up to rate and review this story