Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Other Woman

Chapter 6

by marcialj83 1 review

Still Monica's POV. Time-Present.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-06 - Updated: 2008-07-07 - 1158 words

0Unrated
As I was walking away I heard footsteps behind and I was sure it was Frank so I kept walking.

“Hey Monica, you forgot this.”

When I turned to face the speaker it was Bob and he had all my things out stretched in his hand. Taking the bag I was about to thank him when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Taking the phone out I looked at the screen name and noticed that it was my home phone. I started to panic because I told the sitter to only call when it was an emergency.

Bob must have seen my expression because he asked if I was okay, but I held my finger up to signal him to be quiet.

Flipping the phone opened I answered, “Lacy is everything okay?” I could tell it wasn’t I could hear my son crying in the background.

“No Miss Lake. He’s crying and he has a fever and I don’t know what to do. I tried everything, but he’s still hot and crying.” The girl sounded panicked, but that was understandable she was only 16.

“I’m on my way, okay, but until I get there put him in some cold water to help cool him down, but not too cold, okay?”

“Okay.” She seemed to calm down.

I flipped my phone closed and turned back to Bob, ‘I have to go. Some thing’s wrong with Anthony.”

He just nodded his head, “I’ll go tell Frank.”

“You do that.” I said still a little pissed as I walked away from him as fast as I could.

I didn’t bother to take the elevator it would have slowed me down so I took the stairs. Running to the front lobby I stopped at the front desk to quickly talk to Cassie.

“Cassie, can you do me a huge favor?”

“She looked up from her computer, “Yeah was sup?”

“Can you tell the MAN that I had to leave due to an family emergency?”

“Yeah, are the kids okay?”

“Yeah, Anthony just has a fever.”

“Oh, well get home and fast. Maybe seeing his mommy will make him feel better.”

“I will.” I was starting to walk away when Cassie called out to me.

“Oh, Monica can you tell Lacy I’ll pick her up tonight to go to my place?”

“Yeah, bye.”

“Bye.”

Lacy was the babysitter who lived not to far from my place and just so happened to be Cassie’s little sister. I was glad when I found Lacy and who she was or else she would never watch my child. Lacy was home schooled and had already graduated from high school when I meet her not too long ago. So, I decided to hire her since she was very smart and I knew that nothing would go wrong.

It didn’t take me long to get home in the New York traffic. Either it was light today or I did some illgal driving, I really didn’t care as long as I got to my son.

Getting out the car I ran to the front door and opened it, “Lacy?” I called out.

“In here!” was her response.

Making my way to the first floor bathroom I saw my son in the sink getting bathed in the cool water. It must have been working because he was now whimpering instead of the loud cries.

Walking over to the sink I bent down and put my check to his forehead. He was hot. I tried to pull up, but he had grabbed hold of me and was crying “mama”.

I grabbed his wet body out of the sink and lacy handed me a towel to wrap him, “Hey baby, mommy’s here.” I cooed to him softly. As I held his head under my chin, he started to gnaw at my chest.

He was teething badly I could tell because when I looked down he was rubbing the buttons of my shirt over his gums. It must have been helping because his whimpering soon stopped and I could feel was my shirt getting soaked.

I walked over to the phone and called his pediatrician. As I was talking to the doctor and taking mental notes, Frank walked in.

He came over and grabbed the baby from me snuggling the baby close to his chest the same as I did, he stared to cry again, “What’s wrong little buddy, huh?”

By answering him Anthony grabbed at a hemp beaded necklace he was wearing and started chewing on that as well making him stop crying.

Turning to Lacy I asked her, “Can you go to the store and get these things for me?”

“Sure Miss Lake.” She said and I started to write out the list of things that the doctor told me to get.

Once Lacy was out the door, Frank turned on me, “What the hell is wrong with you?” he demanded of me.

He wanted to know what was wrong with me? I wanted to tell him so bad that I was tired of being the other woman. I was tired of the way people looked at me or how they would whisper behind my back. I was tired of it. He didn’t know what it was like for me. I hated it and the way that he would treat me was even worse.

He didn’t know how some of the guys thought that they could walk up to me and ask sexual favors or the rumors that went on or how I was the office slut and how I didn’t know who the father of my child was. It hurt, but I held it in. I never told any one and I would be damned if I told him. He treated me like shit half the time and I just wanted it to all end.

“Not now, not in front of the baby.”

He must have realized what I meant because when he looked down at our son he was looking at him with those big hazel eyes that he had like his father’s.

Frank smiled down at him and placed a kiss on his warm forehead. Walking away from me he said, “We’ll talk about it later.”

“Sure,” I said, but I knew there would be no talking when Anthony was asleep. Frank would get what he wants and then will leave and I would crawl into the bed like I always do and cry myself to sleep all the while feeling like a cheap slut.

Isn’t that what I was? I have sex with him and he buys me everything that I need from shoes to food from the roof over my head. I walked into the kitchen to fix Anthony a bottle. I didn’t know I was crying until I tasted the salt from my tears.
Sign up to rate and review this story