Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Rainy Day

Small Chances

by KoichiTsunade 0 reviews

Getting back

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Jiraiya,Kakashi,Naruto,Sakura,Tsunade - Published: 2008-07-08 - Updated: 2008-07-08 - 1508 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay! I finally finished the chapter!!! XD Please read and enjoy!!


12. Small Chances


Naruto glared at the red-haired in front of him. “Don’t even think about killing them.” He whispered, though Pain heard those words full of threatness.

Pain raised an eyebrow. “How are you going to stop me?”

“Easy. I’ll kill you first!”

Surprising Naruto, Pain laughed. “You’re just a weak boy. C’mon, I’ve beaten the two remaining Sannin, so-“

“Waitwaitwait. They are three.”

“Stch. Your friend Sasuke killed Orochimaru. In five minutes there will be no Sannins in the world to bother us, and then we will be able to-.”

“Oh shut up and fight me!” Naruto jumped from the Boss Toad’s back and ran up to Pain.

-------------

“You think they will be okay?” Sakura asked walking next to Shizune. “I think we should go to help them out.”

“No. We have to stay because if we are all gone, people will get suspicious… I hope they come alive.”

“Someone is in danger?” Kakashi said catching them up with a book in his hand.

Sakura looked at Shizune. “Should we tell him?”

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. It’s a relieve I saw you. I’m looking for Tsunade-sama to ask her something. Do you guys know where she is?”

“Just tell him.” Shizune said.

“Look, there are people who are in danger.”

“Who are they?”

“Jiraiya-sama, Naruto, and Tsunade-sama.”

For the first time Kakashi looked up from his book. “Nani!? What do you mean by the Godaime!?”

“As you know Jiraiya went into a mission, and we noticed that Tsunade-sama disappeared this morning. Naruto went to help them since we got the information about their location.” Shizune answered.

“We gotta go!” Kakashi exclaimed closing the book.

“No! We have to keep this as a secret!”

“Okay, but I’m not happy with it.”

---------------------

“Kage bunshin no jutsu!”

Fifty Narutos appeared surrounding Pain. The red-haired man smirked. “Again that technique? You already tried it. You won’t touch me with it."

“Heh. That’s what you think!!”

All of the Narutos started to form a rasengan in each Narutos’ hands. Letting a yell from all of their mouths, all the shadow clones along with the real Naruto ran towards Pain from different locations.

With wide-open eyes, Pain started to form the seals to bring his other bodies, but wasn’t fast enough. The fake Narutos disappeared when they got too close to the red-haired man to let the true one hit him hard. Pain was getting really confused with all the smoke and fast orange moving things.

“Now it’s me the one I got.” Naruto said, his words cold as ice.

Pain fell, hitting his head hard. Trying to stand up, he slipped and fell backwards, approaching the ground faster each second. Without stopping from looking down, Naruto got to hear the bones breaking down like a hundred of branches cracking at the same time.

The blonde then heard a weak moan behind him. Hurrying to Jiraiya, Naruto checked for pulse. It was going faster each time. Relieved Naruto turned his head to face Tsunade. Frowning, he stood up and got close to her body. Her face looked too peacefull, without any frown or anything that she usually had. Placing two trembling fingers in her cold neck, he gulped. He was scared to find out that his loved granma would not move anymore. He would miss her free laughter, or even her fist in his head, he was scared to imagine her inside a grave, cold and gray for the entire eternity.

His eyes got big and the edges of his mouth pulled up. He could sense Tsunade’s heart pumping weakly. Forming a shadow clone, he took off his T-shirt and gave it to the fake Naruto to try to stop the blood from coming out from her stomach. While the clone was doing that, the real Naruto summoned the Boss Toad.

“Gamabunta!! We don’t have too much time! Take them and place them in your back, we have to take them to the hospital and fast!” He shouted to the gigantic toad.

“All right!” He pulled out his tongue and carefully grabbed Jiraiya and placed him in his back, doing the same thing with the Godaime.

“Let’s go!!” Naruto exclaimed while also jumping into Gamabunta’s back.

---------------------------------------

“Six hours have passed and Naruto hasn’t come!! We have to do something!” Sakura exclaimed.

“What should we do, Sakura? There’s nothing except for going outside the village, and as Shizune said, we shouldn’t.”

“I know, I know. Let’s wait for him two hours or so, and if he doesn’t come, we’ll look for them.”

“Hai. Let’s go to the main gates, we’ll see better from there.” Shizune suggested.

“Alright.”

--------------------------------------

“How many hours before arriving?” Naruto asked Gamabunta.

“About one hour. Don’t worry, we’ll get there.” The Boss Toad answered.

“I know.” Naruto was sitting down and looking to the front when he heard a moan coming from Jiraiya. Facing Jiraiya, Naruto got to see the white-haired Sannin opening half of his eyes. Grinning, Naruto stood up and sat down next to him. “Jiraiya-sensei!”

“Huh…? Naruto…?”

“You’re finally awake! Oh man! Why did you went to the Rain Village alone!?”

“Stop yelling Naruto… My head hurts… And how the hell did you come-?” He finally opened his eyes and tried to sit down. A yell escaped from his throat.

“Take it easy. You got hurt pretty badly.”

Jiraiya did like if he hadn’t heard Naruto and finally sat down. “Where’s Pain!?”

“He’s dead. I killed him. I came after you and saved both of you, though she… she might die.” Naruto said, suddenly his face getting serious.

“Both? She? I came alone, no one was with me.”

Naruto frowned and pointed at the body behind Jiraiya. The Sannin followed the blonde’s finger. “TSUNADE-HIME!!!” He yelled, his eyes wide open. He stood up as fast as he could, ignoring the pain it caused him.

“Nononono!!!” Jiraiya looked at Tsunade’s face, then back to Naruto. “What happened!!!??? Why is she here!!?? WHY!!!???”

“She came after you without anyone knowning. When we saw she was gone, I summoned Gamabunta and he told me where you were. When I came, you both were unconscious. Don’t worry, she’s still alive.” Naruto said with a low tone.

Jiraiya looked back at her body, this time noticing the horrible injury from her stomach. “They are dead, right?” He whispered.

“I believe so. I’m sorry, I was too late.”

Jiraiya looked up to the sky. “I’m an idiot. I shouldn’t have gone anywhere knowing how stubborn she can get to be.” He looked at his grandson. “Do you really think she’ll survive?”

Naruto couldn’t look anymore at his powerful black eyes full of hatred, so looked down. “I truly don’t know.”

“Gone, everything’s gone for both of us, Naruto. And it’s my entire fault!!” Tears started to fall down from his eyes. “What are we going to do now? I will not be able to live in the village anymore without her. I’ll see her face in every mirror, her figure in the streets, her smile while sleeping. I will not be able to live anywhere at all.”

“You mean… Suicide…?” When Jiraiya didn’t answer, Naruto said, “Jiraiya!! Don’t be an idiot! There are still chances that she will survive!”

Jiraiya stood up and sat next to Naruto. “But they are small.”


Twenty minutes passed without any of them talking.

“We’ll arrive in the village in forty minutes.” Gamabunta said, who had heard everything.

“Okay. Thank you. What are we going to do when we get there? Gamabunta, can you get inside the village?”

“Yes, if there is space enough for me.”

“Good. I could yell to the citizens to get aw-.” Naruto could not finish the sentence since he heard Tsunade moaning.

The blonde and Jiraiya looked at each other and then they both stood up at the same time.

“Tsunade!” Jiraiya exclaimed. She was moving her head a little bit.

Naruto touched her forehead and frown. “She’s warm as hell, and is starting to sweat.”

She moaned again and then opened her eyes a little bit. “J-Jiraiya… Naruto…”

“We’re here.” Jiraiya whispered.

“Why… Why does m-my stomach… hurt s-so much…?”

“Don’t worry, you’ll be cured when we get to Konoha.”

“But it hurts so much!” She finally opened her eyes completely. Taking one of Jiraiya’s hands she shrieked.

“What’s wrong!!??” Naruto exclaimed.

Jiraiya frowned. “I know what’s happening.” He looked at Tsunade then at Naruto. “Naruto, she’s giving birth.”


Author's Notes:

I'm sorry if I'm going tooooo slow, but my family is here, and everyday we're visiting places... Anyways, I hope you liked it!
Sign up to rate and review this story