Categories > Original > Fantasy

Vahn

by novafiction 0 reviews

My very first fic. Ever. One-Shot about a highschool guy and his dislike for girls.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-09 - Updated: 2008-07-09 - 1655 words

0Unrated
Quiet, clam, and Attentive. Vahn’s top three qualities. He was extremely reserved. No one knew jack squat about him. But, he was a brilliant student, having flown though his schooling with ease. He stands at about five-half with a slim toned body. He had light brown skin, which hinted at his Vietnamese background, and short black hair was that is covered by a tight cap.

Vahn was wearing a plain white-T that lined his form. He also had on black slacks and slip on work shoes. His other accessories included his silver Timex and rectangular glasses that completes the stereotypical look of a smart Asian. If one would take time to analyze Vahn, one would see how attractive he was.

Though, it was his reserved style and quietness that diverted anyone that wanted to socialize with him. But, unknown to him, things were going to change the next couple of days.

Currently, he was sitting in fourth period waiting for the lunch bell to ring. Vahn was a twelth grader attending Drofar High. Being a school in Hawaii, it was an open school. Meaning, it was made up of multiple two story buildings connected by a series of halls instead of one or two large multi story buildings. This made for numerous spots that one could hang out during brake. Or spots that required privacy.

Riiiinnnnnggg.

‘Finally’ Vahn thought. He got up and started for the door.

“Vahn, wait up.” A girl called from the back of the class.

He looked back to see it was Loreana Chang, a student who just transferred to this school a month ago. She was a tall dark tanned woman.

‘Probably some were from South America… Maybe Brazil?’ Vahn pondered.

She hand long brown-redish hair with a model like face. The top she wore was a plain black blouse that hugged her chest. She also had a matching black skirt that reached her knees. This should off her long slender legs.

‘Her skirt is pretty wavy…’ Vahn shot down his train of thought as she came up to him.

“Um Vahn you wana eat lunch together? We can talk about the project.” She asked politely.

‘Damn it all. That’s a blush on her face.’

Miss Kawashiro, the human physiology teacher, had suddenly decided to issue a group assignment and the students got to choose groups. Unfortunately, both Loreana and Vahn were absent that day.

“‘Partners by default.’” Vahn muttered, still pissed at the fact that he couldn’t be there to scare away anyone that wanted to be paired with him.

Hearing what he muttered, she said, “I’m sorry that you couldn’t get the partner you wanted Vahn.” Loreana looked a little saddened.

Staring at her, he asked, “Chang? You don’t look Chinese, or even any type of Asian.”

Startled by his question, she answered, “Um. I received my father’s genes. My mother is Chinese. My parents just got divorced , which is why I wasn’t here this...”

“Ok ok, that’s enough.” Vahn said, holding up his hand. This interruption furrowed her brow a bit. But, her face lit back up when he added, “Lets go talk about the project.”

“Ok, you have home lunch too right?” she asked. He nodded. “Me too, do you know a good place to eat while we discuss?”

Vahn thought for a second. “Yes, I know a good place.” Without telling her, he started walking.

Startled, Loreana ran to catch up with him. “Wait for me!” He looked at her face to see that she was miffed.

“Keep up.” Vahn knew this would tick her off more.

They walked into the main hall, their destination being the balconies at the end. Then, going up the stairs, Vahn was behind Loreana. He noticed she had a slight bounce has she went up the steps. Unknowingly, this kicked up her skirt which gave him quiet a view.

Loreana looked back to see him staring. “Vahn!” she squealed and pressed down her skirt. Her face was sporting a scowl.

Afterwards, they continued through the halls, maneuvering through the masses of students. Sensing something weird, she looked to her side to see Vahn still staring at her behind. Pissed, she turned and gave him a threatening glare.

“Stop. Staring. At. My. Butt.” She stated clearly.

Vahn just gave her a passive look.

“Did you understand? Or are you ignoring me?” She demanded, furious as ever.

He rolled his eyes. ‘That should have pissed her more.’ He though, trying to suppress a smirk. ‘I hope she learns to leave me alone now.’ Vahn turned and continued walking.

To bad for him, Loreana saw his lips curl. ‘No way, are you that messed up?’ She ran up to him and slammed him into the wall. Before he could respond, she pinned his shoulders down with her hands.

“Vahn!” Closing the distance between their faces to a mere inch, she snarled. “What the hell is wrong with you?!” She pulled his body forward and slammed him back into the wall.

‘Damn she’s strong.’ Vahn winced.

“Look! We are partners and we NEED to get along,” She spat, “ or else we fail!” Loreana released him and stepped back. She looked to the ground, her hair covering her face.

“Lets go…”

A little shaken, Vahn nodded and started to walk. She followed right next to him, but kept her head hung.

“Did I do anything to make you mad at me?” she whispered.

“Hmm?” confused, he tried to see her face. But, she just turned the other way.

A bit guilty, Vahn was about to put his hand on her shoulder, but he froze. Images of the past flashed in his mind and he withdrew his arm.

“Pfft, crybaby, what happened to the `itch that manhandled me into the wall? Freaking bi-polar.” he said, mumbling that last part.

Loreana lifted her head a little, but lowered it again. Then, she turned and walked away from him.

Grinning from his triumph, he yelled to her, “So, we’re not partners anymore?” ‘Heh, she’s to upset to ever talk to me again.’ Vahn mentally cheered.

Loreana stopped and turned her head to look back at him. The expression on her face nearly brought Vahn to his Knees. He had never seen such a hateful or spiteful look on a person before. It was even stranger coming from a girl like her.

“The look of death.” he whispered as she disappeared around a corner.

‘My heart… its pounding’

__________

The next day, Vahn went to his Human phys teacher during lunch.

“Morning Miss. Kawa” He said in a hallow voice. “So who is my new partner?”

Miss. Kawa lookrf up from her deck and stared at him. “What are you talking about Vahn? Loreana is still your partner.”

He was shocked, “Didn’t she come to you and request a partner change?”

“No Vahn, she didn’t , now please leave, I’m busy correcting your class’s tests.” She went back to her work.

__________

Vahn was sitting in the hallway balcony, thinking about Loreana.

“Argh! What the hell!” He leaned into the wall and hung his head. More images of the past filtered into his mind again.

Images of the Hospital, the Ambulance, the Knife…

‘Why did you do it? Why? I trusted you.’ More images came up.

A Table in a Restaurant, a Movie Theater, a Woman…

‘Look at what I’ve become!’ he entered into deep thinking only to be immediately knocked out.

“Vahn!” His head shot up to see Loreana looking down at him. She had on a cold, emotionless face.

“Vahn, I know what happened,” she sighed, “I did some research on you, and I found something… or more like someone.” She looked down to see how he was reacting.

His body began to shake, his fist clenching and unclenching.

“Her name was Cathy Medova, right? You went out with her for a year.” she whispered the next part, “But one day on a date, she nearly stabbed you to death.”

Tears ran down Vahn’s face. His eye’s portrayed sorrow and the unmistakable tint of rage.

Sobbing herself, Loreana continued, “She then committed suicide next you, once she though you were dead.” She gazed straight at Vahn’s eyes, “This is why you hate human contact…” shaking her head. “No, you only hate a woman’s touch.”

Unable to take it anymore, Vahn tried to get up. “Who the hell gave you the RIGHT to…”

“NO Vahn!” She slammed him back into the ground. “Damn It, I won’t let you live like this.” She grab his head with her arms and brought there faces into close proximity.

She whispered into his ear. “I’m going to make things right Vahn. Believe me. I will.” With that last statement she shared her first kiss with Vahn. __________

It was raining.

“Vahn Shiara, lived a short life. He made top marks in school. He was a responsible son. Also, a dependable friend. He will be missed by all that knew him, and lost to all that has not yet met him. May you find peace in the next life Vahn. Amen.” With those words, the priest allowed the casket sink into the ground.

Dozens of people dressed in black watched as their beloved Vahn got buried by tons of dirt. Never to be seen again. A couple of the viewers began to break into sobs. Most likely family members, agonizing over their loved one.

‘Now people know how I felt when I lost my loved one.’ A girl from the back of the crown thought.

‘Now YOU know how I felt when I lost my loved one.’ She left the group and began to wonder the grave yard.

She looked around at the different graves looking for a particular one.

‘Here you are…’ She had on a sad smile.

“I did it sis….”
Sign up to rate and review this story