Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > Cold Eyes

Cold Eyes

by Daval18 3 reviews

This is one of the first fics I intend to finish. Ranma/RK crossover. This fic is dedicated to my good friend Kelly for being such an enthusiastic anime fan.

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Ranma - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-05-11 - Updated: 2005-05-12 - 1759 words

2Cliche
COLD EYES

I do not own Ranma 1/2 and its associated characters. They belong to the Queen of Manga: Rumiko Takahashi. I do not own Rurouni Kenshin and its associated characters. They belong to Nubuhiro Watsuki. No profit can or shall be made on this piece of creative writing, it is fiction and therefore the result of too many beers and an excessive amount of free time.

(P.S. Constructive critism is always welcome however bear in mind that I have only watched the Rurouni Kenshin anime rather than read the manga. Pity us poor English people without the intelligence to learn Japanese)

...............................................................................................................................................

CHAPTER 1.

...............................................................................................................................................

Kasumi stood lined up with her other sisters, waiting to greet their guest. Although she was only 10 she was by far the most mature little girl in the district. She had no choice in the matter. Ever since their Mother had died their Father had been an emotional wreck, unable to look after his daughters and spending most of his days crying in his room. Thus Kasumi had taken charge. She cooked, she cleaned and she cared for her younger sisters, becoming a mother figure for them to cling on to.

Nabiki on the other hand, the middle sister at 8 years of age, had become quiet and reclusive. There was no doubt that she was a child prodigy regarding mathematics, despite her youthful exterior. She had taken to the task of keeping the family financially sound with a fervor that Kasumi found rather frightening. Where the Nabiki was getting the money to keep the family in the black Kasumi didn't know. However she was sure it couldn't be completely legal and honest...

As for Akane, the youngest sister, she hadn't really changed too much. Kasumi was still unable to decide whether that was a good or bad thing. Their Daddy's little princess was still prone to temper-tantrums and liked to break things in her rage. Unfortunately with their Mother out of the picture, their Father unwell and Kasumi being too busy to pay much attention to her, there was no one to discipline her and let her know the consequences of her actions.

The man whom had just entered the Tendo home had just hugged their father and appeared to be talking to him in a sorrowful manner. Tears stained the man's broad cheeks and his shoulders where slumped as if he were shouldering an immense burden. The man in question was quite stocky in build, wore a white gi and a bandana around his head, like a cap. What scared Kasumi about him however was his small piggy eyes. Her Mother had always told her that you could judge a lot about a person by his eyes, the windows of the soul. No matter the man's body language Kasumi could see no sorrow in those eyes, only greed and fear. Fear of what Kasumi didn't know but something told her this man was not good news. Not good at all.

As the two larger men turned to address them Kasumi shrank back and clutched Nabiki and Akane a little closer to her.

"Kasumi, Nabiki, Akane", said Father, "I want you to meet a very special friend of mine. This is Genma Saotome and he will be staying with us for a while. He has recently lost his child in a terrible accident so be especially kind to him and treat him as you would me."

"Yes Father", the three girls chimed.

...............................................................................................................................................

(TEN YEARS LATER)

The Sailor Scouts were really having a bad time with this one. Not only was the demon they were facing incredibly fast and strong, it seemed to be well versed in the use of the enormous broadsword it was swinging around in fluid arcs. Uranus had tried to go one-on-one with it using the Space Sword and had been thoroughly defeated. Little Saturn was with her now, trying to heal some of her more serious wounds.

The Demon appeared to be targeting the fleeing civilians rather than the Scouts. One cut with the sword it carried caused them to collapse where they stood, as if all their energy had been stolen from them. It saw it's next target...a young man in a long white trench coat, who was calmly crossing the park, ignoring the battle... and lunged. It halted suddenly as it found itself restrained, a Venus-Love-Me-Chain looped around its throat. "RUN!" screamed the struggling Sailor Venus, as she desperately tried to hold the monster back. The other Scouts began to prepare their attacks to help their fellow warrior.

But the man did not run. Instead he slowly turned to face the monster, his eyes hidden by his bangs. At the moment the moment the chain snapped the man whispered something under his breath.

"Jissen Kenbu"

Immediately the man's body blurred, causing the monster to falter in its attack. The Scouts, shocked by the proceedings allowed their attacks to fizzle out. The man appeared to be gliding across the ground, splitting into many duplicates of himself. As soon as one set faded, another appeared making practically impossible for anybody to pinpoint the young man's true location.

The situation had gone from dire to comical in an instant. Sailor Moon was howling with laughter as the monster leapt about all over the place trying to catch the real boy, missing every time. Venus, Jupiter, Mars and Neptune were giggling, clutching their sides in mirth. Even Mercury and Pluto were looking on at the proceedings with amused smiles. Saturn on the other hand was merely gawping at the boy. What speed...what grace...what a cutie...

She blushed and returned to helping Haruka-papa.

The Monster slammed its sword into the ground, trying to catch its elusive foe. It suddenly realized, to its horror, that the boy had stopped his dance and it could finally see his eyes. Then darkness enveloped it and it knew no more.

The Scouts watched in shock, all mirth had evaporated from their faces to be replaced by horror. One moment the boy been performing his 'trick', the next all duplicates had disappeared and the boy had lashed out at the demon so fast that the air had distorted at the point of impact. The Demon fell backwards, cut into three pieces, disintegrating as it hit the floor. The young man twirled slowly in mid-air, his coat flowing about him as he sheathed a short sword he carried around his waist.

"Kaiten Kenbu".

Landing gently and before any of the Scouts could react, he turned and walked off in the direction of the Nerima Ward, Tokyo.

...............................................................................................................................................

Kasumi didn't know whether to laugh or cry, such was their situation. Ever since Uncle Saotome had come to stay, things in the family had gone from bad to worse. Not that she was laying the full blame on Uncle...far from it. However their latest addition to the household had, over the years of his stay, appeared to not only have doubled the family's food bill but also his continued presence completely dashed all hopes of their father pulling himself together and getting a proper job. The pair spent every evening wasting vast quantities of the household's limited funds on booze, then drinking and smoking into the early hours of the morning. The resulting mess was, of course, left for Kasumi to clear up.

Over the space of ten years the daughters of Tendo Soun, had each undergone a drastic transformation. The death of their mother combined with the unfortunate condition of their father had given each of them a role in the family, which appeared to be set in stone. Kasumi had suffered the most. She was treated like a servant, kept in bondage by those she loved. She would never be free to live her own life while her family demanded her service. She had sacrificed everything for them, her education, her social life and even her one chance at happiness with the man she desperately loved.

She had loved Tofu-sensei, and still did with every inch of her being, but Akane had developed a crush on the good doctor and her father had decided that the helpful young chiropractor would be a good match for his little girl. For this reason she had to restrain her feelings for the sake of her sister's future happiness. Once again Kasumi, the eldest Tendo sister, suffered for those who abused her daily.

When she was little Kasumi had loved the western story of Cinderella. Her mother had often read it to her in the evenings before she slept. Now, at the age of nineteen, she felt as if she were trapped within the pages of that book she had once loved, only...there would be no escape for Kasumi....no fairy godmother or handsome prince to save her from...this...nightmare.

Kasumi didn't know when she had started to cry. Times like these, when all were asleep in the Tendo home, she could be truly be herself and let her sadness pour out from within. The sky, as if sensing her plight, began to release gentle raindrops in sympathy. She just sat there on the porch of her prison, weeping in unison with the heavens as she prepared for another day of nightmares.

That was why she didn't notice the man standing at the entrance to the compound, slightly damp but on the whole unaffected by the rain.

...............................................................................................................................................

He stood there staring at the young woman's obvious pain and for a moment, though his face remained unchanged, a flash of what looked like sympathy crossed his ice-blue eyes. Without waiting for permission he moved purposefully across the yard and noted the sign hanging above the door as he did so.

'Tendo School of Anything-Goes Martial Arts'

"This is the place.", he murmured quietly, "But it would be best to make doubly certain."

Halting in front of the woman he took a seat beside her, without a sound, and softly cleared his throat to get her attention. What he hadn't expected was for her to scream, jump up, trip over ...nothing and land in his lap. Without thinking his hands rose up to break her fall.

All in all it was a position straight out of a cheesy romance movie.

Not the best position to be in when a certain youngest Tendo runs downstairs to find out the reason for her sister's cry.

"HENTAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

...............................................................................................................................................

The End of Chapter 1


(DAVAL18) - Dear readers.....should I continue?

Your comments are most welcome
Sign up to rate and review this story