Categories > Original > Drama

Wretchedness

by Yoshino-san 0 reviews

Charleston...a small quaint town that seems like the perfect rural enviorment. What happens when Misa finds out it's not as if seems...?

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2008-07-15 - Updated: 2008-07-16 - 2111 words

0Unrated
Wretchedness
Chapter 1: Savior


“Why are we moving?” Was the first question that had left the girl’s mouth, before she was riding in the back of the cramped truck, sulking and cursing her parents and brother. She had always been a small-town, yet modern girl. Now, they were moving. Nice. She cursed her family, for throwing her in the back of the moving truck in the middle of the night, and telling her they were moving to Charleston, half-way across the country.

She was a pretty girl, she had brown hair and brown eyes to match. Her hair reached her shoulders, falling freely. She was currently in her pajamas, blue with pink bunnies all over them, clutching her dolphin plushie close to her in frustration. It got light out awhile ago., and she just hoped to god no one who would be going to her school would be in her neighborhood…

“Misa! We’re here!” Misa glared at her brother, who opened the door, revealing her to a street that seemed quite rustic, the road was brick, and the sidewalks were new looking. The side of the road was lined with evenly-spaced houses, at least one lush green tree in front of each house. She sighed, getting out of the truck, putting an hand over her eyes, so they could have a bit of time to adjust to the light.

“Shinji, when’s school start around here?” Misa asked, hoping it hadn’t already started. “Tomorrow.” Shinji said simply, closing the truck. It only held some menial things they needed, as their house was already set up. Shinji was a man with black curly hair, and brown eyes, and he wore glasses. He was in college, leaving for said place tomorrow after Misa left for her first day in private school.

Misa nodded, turning around when she heard laughing, and almost killed herself. It was a group of beautiful boys, laughing at her attire. She could tell they probably went to her school, as they most likely could tell the same about her. Misa turned around, now very ticked. “Shinji. Room. Now.” Shinji giggled, nodding, and leading her in to the house, and up to her room.

“Here’s your room.” She opened it, and blinked. It was nothing like her room at the other house. It was spacious, the walls were a pale blue and not covered with whales and dolphins, the carpet a royal blue. The bed sheets were silk and different shades of blue, with all her dolphin and whale plushies resting on the queen-sized bed, and there was a purple canopy.

“Hey, Misa, you doing anything?” Shinji asked, as Misa shook her head, yawning. “Might go back to bed, why?” “I need this run to the store. Get dressed and take it there.” All of a sudden, as if out of no where, Shinji pulled out something in a paper bag… and Misa knew exactly what it was. “You stole mom and dad’s liquor again, didn’t you?”

“Uh-uh bye!” Shinji was then out of her bedroom, the door shut quickly behind him. With a sigh, she got out of her pajamas and changed in to clothes. It was a black sweat-shirt that had no sleeves, but the hood had cat-ears on it, and a white shirt, with jeans. She yawned again as she brushed her hair quickly, not bothering putting on make-up since she just lost her dignity getting out of the truck anyways.

With a sigh, she grabbed the bag, and snuck out the door, careful to avoid the gaze of her parents, whom Shinji ‘coincidentally’ was talking to at the time. ‘coughDISTRACTINGcough’ Misa thought with a smirk, when she got out the door, running until she couldn’t see the boys, the truck, or her house anymore. And with a sigh, started walking. She noticed it was a quiet and quaint town, and some people even said ‘hello’ to each other as they passed on the street.

She then stopped, looking up at the big church. The clock read ‘6 o’clock’ which meant it’d be completely dark in 45 minutes. She wanted to make it back by then, so she could get plenty of sleep before the first day of school. Plus, she didn’t want to be stuck on the streets when it was dark.

5 minutes later, she reached her destination. ‘Supermercado de Sakura’ was its name. And she knew this, because there was a string of the shady corner-stores around the country. It was rumored to be a string of stores run by the famous Yakuza queen, Sakura., even though all the stores denied it. Misa sighed, walking in, feeling relief fill her when she saw the familiar sight of a Mexican cashier sitting and smoking a cigarette with eyes concentrated on her, blowing a puff of smoke from his mouth every so often.

“Need anything, kid?” The man said with a strong Mexican accent. Misa knew he knew that she wasn’t here to buy some lollipops. “I got this, from Shinji Haruka.” The Mexican nodded, motioning Misa to set the liquor bottle on the table, as the man took it, and went in the back, and she stood there for a bit. And then after 2 minutes he came back, a small slip of paper in hand. “Give this to Shinji.” He said, putting the slip of paper on the counter, as she nodded, taking the piece of paper.

“How old are you anyways?” The man asked, as Misa laughed. “16.” She said, turning around, when she spotted the most beautiful girl she’d ever seen standing while smirking in her direction, leaning on the ice-cream machine with two boys on wither side of her. One had blonde hair and blue eyes, and Misa could tell he would be a bit taller than herself. The other had black hair with red streaks in it, and brown eyes, and he looked generally pissed that he had to be there.

Now… the girl.

She seemed just a tab shorter than herself, and was radiating confidence. She had brown and silky hair that seemed to glisten in the light, and jade green eye that trained on her easily. He hair was in a low pony-tail that reach the end of her butt, and she had various piercing in her ears. The whole group was gorgeous, Misa wasn’t gonna lie. Though, most people in this town were beautiful.

“Come here, hime-chan.” The girl said in a sweet voice, and checkmate. Misa started moving closer. “What’s your name?” She asked sweetly, both of the boys looked rather un-interested in her, but the girl was all eyes and ears. “Uh...uh…ano…Misa Haruka. You?” The girl nodded. “I’m Momo Inuzuka. This next to me is Aidou,” she pointed to the boy with blonde hair, “And this is Haru. Nice to meet you.” She said, as the boys paid no attention. “Same here.” Misa replied, bowing.

“So, Mimi, I here you just moved here. Are you gonna start going to Chomaru Private academy?” Momo asked Misa, giving her a pet name, then putting a sucker in her mouth that was red, slowly sucking it and spinning it in her mouth, smiling. “Uhm, yes, I am. How did you know?” Misa asked, flustered beyond belief. Momo laughed. “I could tell by looking at you.”

“Nice pajamas earlier.” Misa then turned to Aidou, who was smirking in what seemed like self-triumph. Misa huffed, getting pissed. “Well, I gotta-“ Misa turned, looking out the window. Damn, it was dark already. “I gotta go.” Misa said quieter, going towards the door. “See you later.” She said, opening the door and exiting out.

“Why did you purposely stall that girl?” Haru asked Momo, who was smirking at the moment in self-glee. “Because, today was when the Professor started the experiment.” Misa said, as Aidou’s eyes widened, and he turned sharply to Misa, giving her a glare. “Are you trying to get her in trouble?” “Why yes, yes I am.” Misa said, as she then dismissed the conversation, picking up a magazine from the rack and skimming through it.
0 0 0 0

“Ah… it’s so dark…” Misa whispered to herself, looking around. There were no street lights at the part of the city she was at, and all of a sudden, she felt something bad was going to happen, but shaking it off, she continued on, telling herself it was all in her head. She then heard heavy breathing, and turned, coming face to face with a man. He seemed to be in his thirties, and she cringed when she smelled his breath, alcohol evident.

“Hello, little girl. You lost?” He said with a grin, as she shook her head, starting to back away. “No, in fact, I was on my way home now.” Misa said as a matter of fact. The man’s face fell in to a frown, as he grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer to him, as she cringed. “Where are you going? Our fun is only just about to begin.” The man said, as Misa struggled, but he was too strong. She couldn’t get free.

“No.. no! Release me!” Misa cried, trying desprately to pull away while the man started leading her towards an alley. Misa was naïve, but she was no fool… he was going to rape her. “Let me go!” She cried yet again as he threw her against the wall, and she cringed, while he trapped her in between his arms. “Now, be a good girl and shut up, and it won’t hurt… much.” He smiled crookedly, as he eyes widened in fear.

He took out a switch knife, the blade glistening a bit, before he used it to cut open the front of her shirt and bra, after he unzipped her hoodie. He seemed transfixed with her, as he played with her breasts, and she squirmed, hoping that somehow he’d decide she’s not worth it, that he didn’t want to do anything of the sort to her.

All of a sudden, Misa saw red… it was all over, and she felt a liquid on her cheek. She put a hand on her cheek, and brought it in front of her face. Blood. She then looked to the man, to see someone was now behind him, sharp claws dug in to his severely bleeding shoulders as the person bit his neck, fangs evident.

“V-Vam…pire…” Was all he said, before the person unlatched from him, and he fell to the ground. Misa slid to the ground, covering her chest in disbelief. Looking up at her savior of sorts, she was scarred. It was a girl who seemed to be about her age, with black hair that fell to her jaw, bangs falling freely in to her red glowing eyes. The girl licked her claws hungrily, before looking down at Misa, who cringed.

“Don’t hurt me!” Misa said quickly, and all she did was look down at her, before turning around, and looking at the dead body, putting a hand on all of the wounds, and healing the incisions, but the person remained dead. She then jumped off, literally, leaving Misa stunned, without a shirt, in the alley covered in blood.

Misa then remembered what the man had said before he died. “V-Vam…pire…” It couldn’t be, Vampires are fictional, right? Besides, if it was a vampire, wouldn’t she of attacked herself also? Dismissing it, she zipped up her hoodie, leaving her ripped shirt and bra there, and walking off. Vampires weren’t real… they weren’t…
0 0 0 0

“Misa! What happened!” Misa’s mother said, looking at Misa when she walked in. Misa’s mother was a heavy-set woman who wore glasses and ha brown hair. She was a pharmacist. Misa then felt tears start to come to her eyes, as she ran to her mother, hugging her tightly and crying. “M-Mom… I was almost raped…” Misa cried, as her mother’s eyes widened.

“W-Why is there blood all over you…?” Her mom asked. “A girl saved me… but… I think she was a vampire…” Her mother sighed. “Go up and run a bath for yourself, honey. You have school tomorrow. And I put your uniform on your dresser.” Misa nodded, heading up the stairs and doing so, throwing her clothes away since they were soaked in blood.

And when Misa finally got to bed, she laid there, wondering if what the man said was true. “I can’t focus on the now… I need to sleep… for school…” And Misa fell asleep.
End of Chapter 1
Sign up to rate and review this story