Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

The Promise

by Moonshyne 1 review

Frank makes a promise to Madison.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-18 - Updated: 2008-07-18 - 1499 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Are you okay?” Bob whispered as he held her tight.

“Yeah, I guess I’m a little shocked it all happening so fast.”

“I’m sorry he’s fled you deserve to see that bastard rot in jail.”

“He’s in his own prison right now. Everything he worked for is gone no matter what the outcome of this is.”

“Maddie you’re taking this all rather well.”

“What can I do? He took off and we can deal with whatever happens when he’s found.”

“You sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

“There’s nothing to talk about. Twenty-four hours ago I thought he got away with it. Now people know and it’s out there. It’s already better. Besides tonight is Elisabeth, Derek and Natasha’s last night with us I don’t want to do anything to ruin it, and neither should you.”

Bob traced the bottom of her jaw, and then leaned in to kiss her but the phone rang.

“Hi Daddy.”

“Yes we saw it.

“I know. Can we talk about this later?”

“An hour? We’ll be ready.”

“What was that about?” asked Bob.

“My Dad will be here in an hour. Now Mr. Bryar where were we?”

“I was about to make love to you again.”

“I like that idea.”

After being completely sated and actually falling asleep afterward, Madison woke up and looked at the clock.

“Bob come on get up. My father’s going to be here in five minutes!”
“He’ll understand if we’re a little late,” Bob said groggily.

“No my father is a stickler for punctuality.”

Madison ran around gathering all the dirty clothes, then got Bob’s bag that was in the closet and threw it at him. “Hurry up!!”

As Madison ran around the phone rang. “Oh okay, see you downstairs.”

She looked at Bob, “You have another five minutes.”

Bob quickly got dressed and they were headed for the lobby, “Don’t we need to check out?”

“No.”

“I know the Presidential Suite has its perks but I’m sure you still have to let them know you’re leaving.”

“My father has the room for the night, why do you think we got to stay so long?”

“I thought it was a perk.”

“In the hotel business, check out time is check out time, no matter what room you’re in.”

“Here’s Verne.”

The doorman got the door as Verne went to the bags, but Bob beat him to it.

He climbed in the limo and sat next to Madison putting his arm around her and she leaned her head against his shoulder.

“I hope you kids had a great evening?”

Bob blushed as he looked down. Madison couldn’t help but smile at him.

“It was what we needed, Dad.”

“I wanted to talk to you about what happened last night.”

“Not now Dad. Tonight is about Natasha, Derek and Elisabeth. Derek’s cousin Adam is throwing them a party after the show, so we’re in for a late night. “

“That’s why we’re staying in Boston an extra night and then head down to New York.”

“Are you okay Bob?” asked William.

“Yeah just a little tired,” replied the drummer.

“You didn’t keep my daughter up all night did you?”

Bob blushed and looked down, “No sir.”

“As a matter of fact we were in bed by eleven.” Madison looked at Bob grinning an evil grin.

William smiled, “And what time did you get to sleep?”

“Sleep,” said Madison smiling at Bob, “that’s a different matter.”

Bob was almost beet red as the rest of the limo cracked up laughing. Bob was such an easy target.

“Just don’t hurt my daughter,” William said seriously.

“I won’t sir.”

“Remember, Bill.”

“Yes Bill.”

Before long the limo pulled up the venue and it was parked with the rest of the limos. Everyone found their passes and Bob secured one at the gate for William and Verne. They made their way to the My Chem bus and Gerard and Worm were standing outside. “Look who made it back?” smiled Gerard.

“Bill, Verne, this is Gerard Way our lead singer and Worm head of our security. Gerard, Worm this is Maddie and Lizzie’s father and their chauffer.”

William and Verne exchanged handshakes with them and they proceeded to go on the bus.

“Bobby’s back!!” yelled James as Bob got on the bus.

“So was it worth the wait?” asked Matt.

It was then that Madison’s dad walked in. “Bill, Verne this is James Dewees our keyboardist, and Matt Cortez, bassist until Gerard’s brother Mikey comes back. Guys this is Bill, Maddie and Lizzie’s father and Verne his chauffer.”

Matt looked down embarrassed as he shook William’s hand and said, “You have two very lovely daughters.”

From the bunk area came Frank and Ray, Bob made introductions all around and they sat down and started to talk as Bob and Madison went in the back to unpack and Elisabeth went to pack.

Frank went over to where Elisabeth was. “Hey, I can’t believe this is really your last night with us.”

“We’ll still keep in touch, right?” asked Elisabeth.

“Why wouldn’t we?”

“I don’t know, out of sight, out of mind.”

“Never, here’s my cell. Call any time. Besides looking at Bob and your sister I think we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other. By the way how’s she doing?”

“I don’t know, she doesn’t really want to talk about it.”

“Well it’s big news here; everyone is asking how she is.”

“I think she’ll like knowing she has all that support. We’ve made some great friends on this tour.”

“Here,” Frank handed her the tiara back.

“I gave that to you,” Elisabeth said it sadly.

“Things sort of get lost when we get off tour, so why don’t you hold on to it and give it back to me when we see each other off tour.”

Elisabeth smiled. “I love you Frank, you know as a friend.”

“I love you too Lizzie.” They hugged really tight.

“I think that’s everything,” said Elisabeth as she surveyed the empty bunk.

“If not Maddie will get it, or we’ll send it to you.”

Elisabeth walked out to the living area with two bags to go in the trunk of the limo.

“Packed up already?” asked James.

“I didn’t want to do it later,” sighed Elisabeth. “I’m going to miss you guys so much.”

“Hey we still have the whole night,” said Matt.

While everyone was talking Frank decided to go out and have a cigarette and call Jamia.

After a few minutes Madison’s cell rang it was too loud on the bus, so she decided to take it outside.

“Hello Kelse, what’s going on?”

“You’re kidding. How many?” she asked into the phone.

After a silence she spoke into the phone again, “Shit. I guess I have no option but to say something. We’re supposed to be in Camden tomorrow, but I guess I’ll have to stay in Boston tonight with Dad and then get back to Connecticut and deal with this mess.”

Another silence, “No he’ll stay on tour. Its better he doesn’t get involved in all of this. I’m sorry you have to.”

Another silence, “Thanks, I’m glad you’re my best friend.”

“I guess I’ll meet the guys in Connecticut and miss the Camden show. I can’t imagine spending two nights without Bob. The hard part now is telling him. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

She hung up and Frank came around the corner, “He’ll want to be there you know.”

“He can’t it will be a zoo, there are fifty reporters outside my house right now. If I hold a press conference it will be more and if Bob shows up then it will take the focus off the situation and onto our relationship. I’m not ready for it to have this kind of exposure and I’m sure neither is Bob.”

“Yeah he’s a very private person and to have this kind of exposure might be hard for him to handle.”

“We agree on something.”

“He really loves you.”

“And I love him.”

“If you know what’s good for you, you won’t hurt him. We do take care of our own.”

“Is that a threat Frank?”

“I never make a threat.”

It was then that the bus door opened and Bob popped out. “There you are,” he said smiling at her. “I was wondering what happened to you.” Bob looked and saw the looks on Madison’s and Frank’s faces.

“Is everything cool between you two?”

“Frank was just making me a promise,” she said smiling at Bob.
Sign up to rate and review this story