Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Ordinary

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

Written for the prompt sultry. Ichigo has a boring summer day.

Category: Bleach - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kurosaki Ichigo - Published: 2008-07-20 - Updated: 2008-07-21 - 300 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Ordinary
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl

Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for grins and giggles.

A/N: Written for the Week# 27 prompt for the LJ community bleach_contest: Sultry. Just a normal summer day. No pairings, Ichigo's POV.

0o0o0o0o0o

Even in his room, it wasn't much cooler. But then, a lack of air conditioning would explain why it was as hot and sultry inside as it was outside. Leaving the door open for once, Ichigo opened all the windows and turned on his fan, praying the circulating air would keep it from becoming unbearable. He was too old to do his homework under Goat Face's watchful eye.

Five minutes later, after a lot of fidgeting, he realized it was too quiet. No Rukia sweeping in to annoy him with the latest living world “gadget,” no insane father “testing his reflexes,” and no alarm from his shinigami badge about nearby Hollows. Just the creak of the fan and a lot of heat. The substitute Soul Reaper wasn't sure he liked it.

Ichigo knew he'd gotten used to the action; all the battles that had come his way in the last months. The pumping adrenaline coursing through his veins as he fought his enemies and trained ever-harder to surpass them was addicting. Now he was tense from just sitting here waiting for something to happen, bored out of his mind.

Today had been too much like before. Before Rukia's arrival, before killing Hollows, before going to Soul Society to repay a debt. Back when every day was like this: normal, ordinary.

As a certified adrenaline-junkie, Ichigo hoped that days like this would be few and far between. He hated being bored.
Sign up to rate and review this story