Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly like an angel...~*~Part II

~*~Fly like an angel...~*~Part II

by Meg2005 4 reviews

Brendon and Grace get/are engaged!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-20 - Updated: 2008-07-21 - 1229 words - Complete

1Ambiance

It had been two months, thirteen days, seventeen hours, forty six minutes, and thirty-two seconds since Grace had seen Brendon. She was coming to visit him. He was coming back from a tour. She had just graduated college. He had just finished a row of tours after the release of their third album. Both were crazy over not seeing each other for that long.

Grace thought it would be the usual visit. They would hang out, make out, and pass out before hanging out with the boys and then the normally painful goodbye when it was time to leave again.

Brendon had a very different idea for this visit. He would make it official this time. Brendon had spent every waking minute of the tour when he wasn’t performing, doing press, meeting fans, or otherwise working looking for the perfect engagement ring for the woman that made his life complete. After spending seven months looking at various jewelry stores and diamond shops around the world he had nearly given up hope before find a top of the line, $22,000 Harry Winston ring with a silver band, a massive, pink heart shaped diamond and trapezoid stones on the side. It caught his eye right away when he saw it at the last store he had visited while in New York. He knew it would look absolutely gorgeous on Grace’s beautiful finger. The ring symbolized everything he felt for her, and everything he’d be able to give her in life and more, but most importantly: true, undeniable, priceless love.

‘So are you going to be okay here by yourself for a little while, I talked to Brendon earlier he said he was going to try to meet you here but he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to.’ Mrs. Urie said as she helped Grace in with her bags.

‘Yeah, I’ll be fine.’ Grace smiled as she set Brendon’s keys down on the table just inside of his new apartment.

‘Alright sweetie, I’ve got to get home but if you need anything call me.’ She smiled almost a knowing smile.

‘Thanks Mrs. Urie.’ Grace said hugging her.

‘You’re welcome sweetie; I’ll talk to you soon.’ Mrs. Urie smiled before picking up her umbrella and starting back out to her car. Grace shut and locked the door taking off her pink rain jacket and slipping her matching boots off her feet and setting them next to the door. She turned around and that’s when she noticed the trail of t-light candles leading from the middle of the living room past the kitchen and back towards Brendon’s bedroom. She gave it a weird look before starting back towards his room following the trail. The bedroom door was shut.

Grace felt the air get caught in her throat when she looked up at the door.
There were twenty-four post-it notes in the shape of a heart on the door scribbled with Brendon’s hand writing. Grace began to take them down slowly reading them in order from one to twenty four.

1. I love you because you give me butterflies every time I see you.
2. I love you because of the sparkle in your eyes every time we make eye contact.
3. I love the fact that you are the perfect size to fit into my arms.
4. I love the way you make me feel all the time.
5. I love being the only hand you hold onto.
6. I love you because every time I look at you my heart skips a beat.
7. I love the way I can sing you to sleep.
8. I love the way you look in my clothes.
9. I love waking up to your beautiful smile every morning.
10. I love that you’ve never given up on me.
11. I love that you are simply irresistible.
12. I love you for bringing out the best in me.
13. I love you because you always say what I need to hear.
14. I love you because you love me for me.
15. I love the sound of your voice.
16. I love the way you keep your cool even when I’ve done something stupid.
17. I love the way you make up with me after fights.
18. I love you because you have enough faith in me to fall in love.
19. I love how you stare at me as if I’m the most amazing man in the world.
20. The way you look at me after we’ve made love.
21. I love your compassion
22. I love you because of the way you liven up my life just by being in it.
23. I love you because of all you’ve taught me about my self and life.
24. I love you because you have taught me what true love really means.


Grace swept a tear out of her eyes as she picked up the last note that read: Open the door.

Grace slowly opened the door. The room was dimly lit with candles and rose petals. Grace looked at the dresser directly in front of the door. Candle lined the back of the dresser. She saw one more sticky note resting on top of a box. She slowly walked over and picked up the note. ‘For all these reasons and more, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.’ Grace opened the box and found the most beautiful diamond in the world with a note in the top of the box that simple read Marry me.

‘Oh my gosh.’ She whispered. She soon felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind. Brendon kissed her neck softly.

‘I love you Grace.’ He whispered. Grace turned around in his arms. He chuckled a little bit at her frazzled look. He took the box out of her hand and got down on one knee. ‘Marry me baby.’ He asked.

Grace was unable to speak. This is what she had been dreaming of for the past three years and it was finally coming true. She nodded as one of the biggest smiled of her life formed on her face. Brendon took the ring out of her hand and slid it onto her finger. He kissed her finger before standing up and picking her up into his arms. Grace wrapped her legs around his waist as he gave her the most passionate kiss of his life. He set her gently on the dresser and continued to kiss her before being broken up by both sets of their parents.

‘I’m going to assume that since you two are still jointed at the lips she said yes?’ Mr. Brady asked. Brendon parted from kiss taking Grace off the dresser and setting her back on the ground.

‘We’re getting married.’ Brendon smiled kissing her lips again. Grace was still speechless.

‘Congratulations sweet pea.’ Mrs. Brady said walking over and hugging her daughter.

That night was filled with celebration. The guys. The families. And various friends joined in. It was possibly the greatest night of their lives. Not only the celebration with the families but the celebration Grace and Brendon had once everyone had gone home.

Brendon made love to Grace all night. Grace had never been happier than she was that night and it only proved to get better as their engagement became more of a reality as their wedding drew closer.
Sign up to rate and review this story