Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Of Wolves And Roses

Chapter Four: Family/ Hi, I'm Ai.

by siyo 0 reviews

Senra's birthday. Adult situation, and drinking.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gaara,Hinata,Itachi,Tenten - Published: 2008-07-22 - Updated: 2008-07-22 - 2289 words

0Unrated
Of Wolves And Roses
Chapter 4:
“Hi, I’m Ai”


Taki sighed as he kept an eye out for Senra. “You know we can’t hide her for ever, right Yahiko?” Taki asked as he turned to look at Ai and his sister picking up some ramen. “Why did you even bring her here?”
“Because,” Yahiko replied. “This is the only place where she has any family. However, we’re gunna tell Senra on his 16th birthday, this Saturday. We’ll just call this our gift to him.” Yahiko said checking her watch. “Okay, let’s move!”
“Huh? Move where?” Senra asked as he sat down in the Ramen Shop and smiled at the two working.
“Um, well… err…” Yahiko stammered. “I have this… um…”
Ai, however, wasn’t as tongue tied. “Were going shopping and Taki volunteered to carry the bags, so Yahiko will see you later!” Ai said with a bright smile. “Come on, Yahi!” She said as she dragged off Yahiko.
“Yahi? …Strange… Ah well, one bowl of salad please.” Senra said as he looked at the shopkeeper’s daughter. ‘She’s only about a year and a half older than me if my memory serves me correctly…’ Senra bowed in thanks to the daughter as she handed him his ramen. “Thank you Ayame-chan.” Senra said with a smile, making her blush. ‘Why do girls always do that?’ Senra wondered.
*
Ai smiled as she walked, twirling with every few steps. “Wow… So that’s my … err… How are we related exactly?” Ai said stopping mid-twirl.
Yahiko shrugged. “I don’t know the details but you share a blood line limit, and therefore, common blood. So we’ll just say he’s your older brother.”
Taki sighed and shook his head, almost mimicking Senra. “So… you’re a strategist, yet this is your logic… wow.”
“What exactly is that supposed to mean?” Yahiko asked glaring at her brother.
“Your logic is flawed.” Taki said sighing in exasperation.
For a second nothing happened, but then there was a thud and Taki was in the alley that had been only a few feet behind him. Yahiko lowered the leg she had used to kick her brother, sparks still skipping across it from the chakra she had used to give enough force to propel Taki. “Oh well. He is no longer necessary to our plans any more, any way.” Yahiko said as she started walking away.
Taki groaned and placed his hands on the wall for support while he tried to stand. “Ugh, I’m never going to make her mad… ever… again.”
*
~ The Next Day: Saturday, Senra’s Birthday. ~
Senra yawned as he stood up and moved across the room to answer the phone. With a sigh, he brought his hand down on one end of the phone, flipping it over and into his hand. “Hello?” He asked, placing the phone against his ear.
“Senra, its Yahiko.” The familiar voice said from the other end of the telephone.
“Uh-huh, so why did you call me?” Senra asked looking at his watch, it was still too early for him to be up, after all it was only 11 am.
“Well, how would you like to go eat out for your birthday?” She asked.
“Seriously?” Senra asked, almost instantly getting an mm-hmm back. “Well… alright, what time, and where?”
“4:30 P.m. At the Shayuya.” Yahiko replied with obvious enjoyment.
“Alright. See ya then.” Senra said hanging up the phone and going back to watching Ronín Warriors on T.V.
*4 Hours and 50 Minutes later*
Senra sighed as he walked up the steps to his apartment. ‘What a bother. She asked me to come out then wasn’t even there… man, what a drag. I could have been have been practicing.’ He thought to himself as he rounded the corner and approached his door. Senra unlocked and opened his door with a yawn. As he walked through the doorway, he flipped on the light and got jumped by six of his ‘closest’ friends. The word closest here, is relative.
“SURPRISE!” They all yelled, leaving Senra feeling like his eardrums had been ruptured. “Happy Birth-day Senra-Kun!” They all yelled again, the volume of their screams perforating Senra.
“Okay, okay! Be quiet! God, do you people try to make me suffer on purpose or are you blissfully ignorant?!” Senra asked, nearly yelling himself.
“Now you see why we didn’t want to yell.” Shenyo said as he stood next to Kato. They both nodded and sighed.
“You know, some how, ‘I told you so,’ just doesn’t seem to cut it…” Kato said as he plopped down on the couch. “Here, Senra-Kun. Happy birth-day, man.” He said as he slid a box that was neatly wrapped in black and gold wrapping.
“Okay, thanks Kato. But I have just one question for you guys.” Senra said as he made sure he was in front of every one. “Who is SHE?” Senra asked pointing to Ai. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen her before.”
“Senra-kun, this is Ai-Chan, she’s a relative of yours.” Yahiko said as she pushed Ai forward, ever so lightly.
“Um… H-hi…” She said smiling softly.
“…Relative you say?” Senra asked scratching his chin. “Okay, then she’s a Yuiy?” He asked. Yahiko and Ai merely nodded in reply. “So she can use the dragon techniques?” Again they nodded. “Welcome to the family then, you can sleep on the couch.” Senra said as he turned and got a Dr. Pepper from his fridge.
“Thank you Oni-sama!” Ai said wrapping her arms around Senra, as though she was trying to squeeze him to death. With a poof, she was suddenly hugging Shenyo. “Huh? Oh, a substitution jutsu, brother truly is a powerful ninja…” Ai said in awe.
“What are you talking about? Senra is a lazy bum; he’s definitely not a master ninja.” Shenyo said from behind her, as the clone in front of her exploded into a cloud of smoke. “Shadow clone master, Shenyo Matsura at your service. I’ll do the introductions, since Senra’s too lazy.”
Senra raised his Dr. Pepper can as a sign for Shenyo to continue. “Thanks man.”
“The bums on the couch are Senra and Kato Yuiy, Kato isn’t his brother, he just took the name since he didn’t have one of his own, seeing as how he was orphaned at the age of 2 weeks. The boy is Yahiko’s brother, Taki. He’s mentally retarded.” Shenyo said with a smile, the sake he had in his system making him more open than normal.
“You’re a horrible drunk, Shenyo. If I were you I’d never touch a drop. But then again if you’re not smashed, you never talk.” Taki said with a smile, a moment later he caught the insult. “Hey! I’m not retarded!” He protested, causing the entire room to laugh.
“I guess that’s it for introductions,” Shenyo said pausing to hiccup. “Of coursh there’s Yahiko, but you already know her.”
Ai laughed at the antic’s of the buzzed Shenyo. “Wow, if you’re only like this drunk, I may just drug your drinks.”
“Hey, we did that on his 16th birthday, didn’t we Senra?” Kato asked with a grin, causing Senra to sniff his drink and fire a warning glare at Kato.
Shenyo threw a box about the size of a box of playing cards into Senra’s lap as he walked up and sat on Senra’s left on the couch. “Open your present Sen-kun.” He said with a hiccup.
“Alright, since you twisted my arm here.” Senra said rolling his eyes. “Alright since Shenyo’s present is in my lap, I’ll open it up first.” As Senra tore off the wrapper a box of chocolate flavored Pocky was revealed. “Awesome, thanks Shen-san.” Senra said as he reached out and grabbed the box Kato had slid across the table. Senra cut away the wrapping paper revealing the complete Ronín Warriors box-set. “Wow, leave it to Kato to buy me even more anime. Thanks man.” Senra said putting the box set next to the one for Gundam Wing and Full Metal Alchemist. They were his birth day present from Kato these past two years.
“No problem.” Kato said taking a can out of his jacket and pouring some of the contents into Senra’s soda with an evil smile on his face. “Open Taki’s present next!”
“Sure.” Senra said throwing away the spiked can or Dr. Pepper in the trash and grabbing a new one. “Just don’t spike any more of my drinks, okay guys?” Senra said running a hand over the sheathed form of his sword, which lay on the counter in his never used kitchen.
“O-Okay man, just keep the homicide to a minimal okay? Only Taki.” Shenyo said with a nervous laugh. Every one else was sober enough to catch the joke from Senra, and were laughing.
Taki threw the small rectangle package to Senra. “Merry Christmas man.”
“Dude! It’s his birthday! Jeeze and you guys said I’m smashed…” Shenyo said with a hiccup.
When Senra opened the package he noticed something. “Touching gesture man, but I don’t have a ps2 to play Kingdom Hearts 2 on.” Senra said with a sigh and a shake of his head.
“You can borrow mine!” Kato said pulling it from the backpack he had stashed under Senra’s coffee table.
“… How long have you guys been planning this?” Senra asked a little surprised at how intricate everything was.
“Plan what?” Taki and Kato both asked, looking equally confused.
“…Never mind… just forget I said anything.” Senra said plopping down on the couch next to his first friend and his currently drunk 2nd friend. “I’m glad you guys remembered my birthday…” Senra said with a smile that almost touched his eyes, unlike all his other smiles.
“Hark, did Senra just say something… nice?!” Kato gasped. “Why didn’t I bring my camera!?”
“Aw, shut it!” Senra said pushing him off the couch.
The next morning.
Senra walked out of the bedroom with a yawn. The night before had been fun. Kato had tried two more times to spike Senra’s drink and the second time Senra had tricked Kato into drinking the spiked soda. The thought made Senra chuckle.
As he walked towards the smell of bacon he stepped over Taki, Shenyo and Kato’s sleeping forms. “Man, they didn’t go home?” Senra muttered with a yawn.
“Nope.” Ai said from the kitchen. She stepped around the counter, and into sight. “How do you like your bacon?” She asked.
Senra noticed immediately that all she had on was pair of underwear and one of Yahiko’s shirts. “Umm, we need to get you some clothes.” He said, thinking aloud. “Oh, uh… crunchy, but not burnt, please.” Senra said as he sat at the kitchen table.
“Hey you fools! Keep it down!” Kato said waking to what must be a terrible hangover.
“Ohhh, my head…” Shenyo said as he sat down next to Senra.
“It’s done.” Ai said putting the bacon on the table. After a few minutes of eating Senra looked at her with a look of approval.
“If you can keep cooking like this, you can stay.” He said with another of his smiles that didn’t touch his eyes.
“Ugh, what year is it?” Yahiko asked groggily, as she walked out of Senra’s room. She was dressed about as well as Ai, except her shirt was about a size too small and a little too tight. It looked kind of like one of Shenyo’s under shirts. “Hmm, oh I kind of took one of Shenyo’s shirts while he was passed out since I was going to take a shower.” She said pointing to her wet hair. “Don’t wanna put on dirty clothes.” She explained, thinking they were too hung over to think along the same lines as her.
“It’s not that early Yahiko, besides doesn’t putting on dirty underwear violate that idea’s very principle?” Senra said as he accepted a piece of toast from Ai.
Yahiko looked down at her self and ran into Senra’s room. She came out wearing a pair of his boxers, which came nearly to her knees. “Better?” She asked as she sat down and got some bacon.
“Okay, I’ll forgive you since you’re cute, but stay out of my stuff.” Senra said, making Yahiko blush.
“Hey, um … I uh….don’t want that shirt back, your chest stretched it out too much.” Shenyo said as he massaged his aching head. He suddenly got tossed onto the couch as Kato took his spot at the table.
“That’s no way to talk to a lady.” Kato said in a reprimanding tone.
“I don’t know.” Ai said as she passed out more bacon and toast. “That might be partly a complement.” She said with a giggle. Kato looked up at her and looked right back down with his face turning a bright red. “Aww, we’ve got ourselves a gentleman.” She said with another giggle.
Senra shook his head and went over to the couch and lay down, staring at the ceiling. “You guys, Kato, Shenyo, and Taki. You should probably head home. Yahiko should get dressed then head home.” He said glaring at her for a second as he said it. “Basically, leave me alone.” He clarified as he put one of the couches pillows behind his head and drifted off to sleep again.
“Hmph, Happy day after your birthday!” Taki said walking out of the apartment.
//End.
Sign up to rate and review this story