Categories > Original > Drama

Crashing

by colour-by-number 0 reviews

1ST CHAPTER! Renee is a popular stuck up snob who thinks the world revolves around her. When things are going good things start to take a turn for the worst. And Renee Plies world comes crashing...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-28 - Updated: 2008-07-28 - 599 words

0Unrated
1. Graduation


College, it was finally over, done with. I would never again walk into those white paned doors. Never again would I smell the sent of the main lobby’s scratched and torn, leather couches. I was done and I wasn’t hoping on coming back.

I stood in the row of the many college graduates in there long, flowing black gowns and I waited for my name to be called. One by one each of my class mates followed the last to the stage to except there certificate of education. As each person went, there was a round of applause. Everyone clapped for one another. Everyone, except me.

Being the stuck up snob that I was, I always thought the world revolved around me. Nothing else could change that and nothing else ever would. I was better than everyone. I was more beautiful, my hair had a delightful shine, perfect white teeth, perfect nails, perfect hands, perfect face, perfect… everything. No one could stand beside me and look as dazzling, correction… NOTHING could stand beside me and not be put to shame.

Finally they called my name, Renee Plies. I gracefully walked up the stairs and to the podium where the dean of our college stood handing out the silver framed graduation certificates. I accepted the certificate and made a small speech of how thankful I was for the many teachers and friends who helped me through this (ha yeah right no need to thank them). Not to my surprise, a roar of applause followed. More hands where clapping for me than for the rest of the students. I took this to no concern. Just another reason why I’m better, I thought.

I stepped of the stage and left through the doors of the celebration hall. There was no need to stay; I had no one I needed to hear congratulate me, for none of my family had come. No mom, no dad, no siblings. They all gave up on me about 8 years ago.

Mom always told me I had an attitude and that it would have to change if I wanted to go anywhere in life. Dad always complained that I was completely selfish and that I never did anything to help around home. My younger brother Todd (younger by 2 years), always said that I was completely un- reliable and that he hoped, and knew that I would surely die alone. Overall they all thought I was a little bitch. An unreliable, selfish, bitch.

But I ignored there comments. After all, I was better than them. What they thought about me didn’t matter. Because of that attitude I got kicked to the curb. I bought an apartment just outside of downtown Orlando. My family being one of the largest land owners around really paid off.

Although I didn’t have a family to rely on I had many friends. Many, many friends. They would stick by me right? After all, I did go out with them all the time. They have been incredibly trustworthy, or maybe they where just being somewhat trustworthy and my mind was tricking me by comparing them, to myself. Hopefully they haven’t noticed how unreliable I’ve been. No…. they couldn’t have, June is just too ditzy to even see that, Nick doesn’t even pay attention, and Mercedes needs me and she knows it. Without me they would all be total losers. The rest of them, they are too distanced in our relationship to even notice.

At least… that’s what I thought. Those where just my opinions.
Sign up to rate and review this story