Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

Money Problems

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

Bob and Madison once again deal with the issue of money.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-07-28 - Updated: 2008-07-28 - 1315 words - Complete

0Unrated
After a few minutes of just holding each other, Bob and Madison went into the hospital.

Madison took Bob to where Kelsey was. She was wide awake and just wanted to get out of there and be home with Dave’s arm wrapped around her.

Madison poked her head through the curtain, “Is everyone decent?”

“Yeah.”

“Kelse, Dave I want you to meet Bob.”

“Bob this is Kelsey my best friend in the whole world and Dave her boyfriend.”

Bob leaned down and gave Kelsey a kiss on the cheek, and shook Dave’s hand.

“I’m glad to finally meet the man that Madison won’t stop talking about.”

Madison blushed a little while Bob smiled at her.

“I’m sure my bandmates say the same thing.”

It was then that the doctor came in with a med student. She was started blushing when she saw Bob.

“Well Miss Skakel the medication we gave you is working like a charm. You are free to go home. Please call immediately if you feel dizziness, excessive vomiting, fever, swelling or start breaking out in itchy splotches.”

“What did you give me?”

“I’m just giving you symptoms of an allergic reaction to the medication.”

“Fine.”

The med student just looked at Bob, but when he looked her way she put her face down smiling and blushing.

Dave and Madison thought this was completely hysterical but were holding in their laughs.

Kelsey signed her release forms and they were ready to go.

The doctor left and the med student lingered behind.

“I know I shouldn’t do this, but can I get a picture with you on my cell?”

“Sure,” said Bob.

He posed with the med student and soon was on their way.

“Does that happen every where you go?” asked Dave, as they made their way out the door.

“Not everywhere,” said Bob.

“He’s lying, everywhere we go, airports, restaurants, malls,” smiled Madison.

“Don’t you find it rather hard?” asked Kelsey to Madison.

“It was at first, especially at the concerts. Girls are constantly screaming we love you Bob.”

“I think you’re high hun, they’re screaming ‘I love you Gerard’ you just hear Bob,” he smiled down and winked at her as they entered the parking area.

“Shit,” said Dave. “I left my car at the club.”

“We’ll drop you off, and we all can head back to the house,” said Madison. Suddenly she felt exhausted from the days’ events. “You want to drive Bob?”

“Sure.”

Madison threw him the keys hit the button that opened the door and threw him the keys, “Here.”

“This is what you drive?” Bob asked Madison, looking at the deep blue soft top BMW 650i convertible.
“Sweet ride isn’t it,” said Dave.

“You do know how to drive standard, right?” asked Madison.

“Of course I do, I just never drove a car like this before.”

“It’s just a car Bob.”

“No it’s a Beemer, how much did this cost you?”

“Nothing Daddy bought it for me. It cost him about a little over a hundred grand.”

Dave and Kelsey were laughing in the back, Madison turned and looked in the back, “Stop it, Bob hasn’t had the advantages that we’ve had.”

“Madison we weren’t laughing at that, just how he’ll react to the other car you know your summer one.”

“Oh yeah forgot about that one.”

“Summer car?” asked Bob as he started the car.

“It is the sweetest ride you’ve ever seen,” smiled Dave. “We took it out to the cape a couple of weeks ago. I hope you didn’t mind.”

“I told Kelse she can take it out whenever that’s why her name is on the insurance policy of all my cars. But she’s too afraid.”

“All your cars?” asked Dave and Bob together.

“I have to have a winter car. We tend to get a lot of snow here. And then I have a couple of cars in Chicago.”

“Which way do I go?” asked Bob as they pulled out of the parking lot.

“Take a left out here on to Franklin.” As they approached the end of the street she instructed him to take another left and gave him the remaining instructions to the club.

There were several cars still in the lot but they found Dave’s Lexus Hybrid SUV parked there by itself.

“Coming with me Kelse,” said Dave.

“Of course,” she smiled weakly. She was starting to get tired again.

“Bob why don’t you follow me back to the house,” said Dave.

“Sure.”

Dave drove in front of Bob while Kelsey gave them a slight waive as they went by.

Bob followed.

“Your awfully quiet,” said Madison.

“So tell me about your summer car,” said Bob quietly.

“It’s a Mercedes McLaren.”

“How much?”

“Does it matter Bob?”

“How much?”

“Over seven hundred,” she said quietly. She really didn’t want to have this conversation again.

“What’s your winter car?”

“I don’t want to get into this argument again with you.”

“Excuse me.”

“Every time we enter the real world instead of that bubble called Projekt Revolution, we have this argument. I can’t help it my father is rich. Very, very rich. On top of that he has for the most part ignored me and my sister. So to appease me if Daddy saw something I liked he got it.”

Bob took a deep breath.

“If you after I finish school I’ll sell the cars or give them away, along with the property here. Get rid off all my designer clothes, season tickets to the opera, the ballet and the symphony. Will you then love me unconditionally like I love you?”


“You don’t have to do that.”

“Yeah Bob I do. Funny you all preach to the crowd to be proud of who you are no matter what and accept each other for who they are. I guess it only works one way.”

Bob just gave her a mad look as they drove she leaned her head against the passenger’s window. He wasn’t mad at her but himself because right now he did feel like the biggest hypocrite.

They finally got to the house and parked outside, “Maddie we’re here,” Bob shook her softly.

Madison got out and stretched, “Do you want to sleep with me in my room or the guest room.”

Bob felt really hurt by the comment.

“I have to warn you my bedding cost over five thousand dollars, and stuff in my master bath is probably that amount. You might not want to use the towels because they cost close to one hundred and fifty dollars. You might want to stay at a hotel really because my condo is valued at over eight hundred thousand.”

“Madison stop it,” Bob said quietly.

“I’m sorry this is what I have and who I am. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to change it all before we got here.”

“Please stop it. I’m sorry I was acting like a jerk. You were right I am being a hypocrite. I’m just a simple man who likes simple things and I’m not used to all this.” Bob looked down and then up into her eyes, “I don’t want to lose you because of it.”

She approached him and stroked his beard with her thumb, “Don’t you get it I’m not going anywhere. You’re never going to lose me.”

Bob pulled her towards him and kissed her. She took his hand and pulled him toward her bedroom. “Do you want to know what it’s like to make love on 100% Egyptian cotton sateen sheets?”

“I think I’m about to find out.”

She pulled him in and closed the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story