Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Out in the Park

Chapter 1- At Least She's Happy

by masquerade37 0 reviews

Sequel to "Good Enough". Never mind Dani, Archie has enough secrets of his own. Nosey as she is, Atlanta lets her jealousy cloud her judgment and may end Archie's inspiration, onca and for all. A/A...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-07-30 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 620 words - Complete

0Unrated
The green eyes that had been there all night faded as Archie's eyes opened. He rolled over and pulled he covers over his head, closing his eyes tightly to try and bring her eyes back. He had fallen in love with her eyes, her whole self, the first time they had met. He loved her, completely.

A knock came at the door and he groaned in response.

"Come on, dude, we gotta get outta here, Ares wants us now!"

Dani. Archie groaned again as he threw the covers off. Just as suddenly as the knock came, the door opened, but it wasn't Dani this time. Atlanta appeared at the door. Her eyes became the size of dinner plates and her sin turned a beet red in a split second.

Archie looked in his mirror confused and realised he was only wearing his boxers. His face turned a similar red. "Uhh..." was the only thing he could come up with as he turned around frantically trying to grab his quilt to cover himself up. This was not a good start to the morning.

"Uh, right." Atlanta said looking down at her shoes. "We're, uh, going to the school. So... hurry up okay?"

"Uh, ya. Just getting dressed, hah..." he scratched the back of his head.

She closed the door behind her and he walked over to his closet and threw on his clothes. That was embarassing, was all he could manage to think. He hated making a fool of himself in front of Atlanta, even though he knew she always just shrugged it off, it still made him feel aweful.

He bounded down the stairs several minutes later and turned into the kitchen where Odie had Dani pinned to the counter and she was giggling.

"What are you two doin'?" Archie asked playfully opening the fridge and grabbing the milk.

Dani giggled again and Odie kissed her. He let her go and she walked past Archie patting him on the shoulder. "Oh, nothing." she answered with laughter in her voice. Archie had noticed that since she had been with Odie, she had been so much happier. It was hard for him to imagine a time when he had hated her for being "special", as special as he had figured out he was, and everyone else was here.

Archie watched his sister leave then turned to Odie, who was now leaning against the counter looking satisfied.

"You better be careful, pal. I'm keeping my eye on you two."

"Ya, whatever." He sounded lost in thought. Archie knew they were happy. But he still felt protective of Dani.

"You guys really like each other, don't you?" Archie asked, leaning against the counter opposite Odie.

"You have no idea. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me, man. She's amazing, she's beautiful, talented... what else could I ask for?"

"I don't know, man. Just, be good to her okay?"

"She is older than you," Odie said pushing himself off the counter and grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. "She can think for herself. She doesn't need to have you watching her every move for her."

"Hey, man, I'm just watching out for her. She's oviously seen a lot..."

"Damn right." said Dani coming back to the kitchen in her sweat pants and a blue tank top. "What are you guys talking about?"

"You." Odie said taking her by the waist. Dani giggled.

"Come, on guys, enough. We have to get to the school now!" She took Odie hand and pulled him towards the door. Archie followed smiling to himself.

If she can find herself someone, I can find someone right? He thought. Oh, who am I kidding? Atlanta's the only one.
Sign up to rate and review this story