Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live the Car-Crash Hearts

20

by aznfoblover 1 review

AHHH I'M SORRY!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-30 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 946 words

0Unrated
Okay, before I begin, I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU ALL FOR LIKE THREE MONTHS. I'm a bad person. But I really needed the break. I'd give you excuses, but you don't need them, because they're all just crap anyways. It helped me get my creative juices flowing again and it jumpstarted my brain. So without further ado, the long-awaited chapter twenty.

t w e n t y.

Joe stood there with this confused and hurt expression on his face, and I felt terrible, of course. So I dragged him into his room and sat him down. And then...we both stared at something inanimate in the room, each refusing to speak first. We truly were meant for each other. Finally, Joe sighed.

"So what exactly did Patrick mean by 'Joe, you're smothering your woman?'" he asked carefully. I bit my lip and refused to make eye contact with him. I didn't like this.

"Well...it's just that...you know," I said lamely. I could almost feel Joe's eyes rolling.

"What, you don't like spending time with me?" he asked, filling his voice with hurt. I could almost see him giving me his wounded puppy eyes. I scoffed.

"You and I both know that's not true," I muttered.

"What does it mean then? Because that's kind of what it sounded like to me," Joe said accusatorily. I sighed and looked up at him.

"It means that...I hate this situation, Joe. I hate having to live in the same house as my ex-boyfriend, and I hate that I'm driving a stake between you two. I want to make things better. I want to be allowed to talk to Andy and make things less awkward."

"Oh, so now you're saying that I'm not letting you run off to Andy? Fine, go ahead and talk to him if you want," Joe said angrily, gesturing towards the door. I sighed in frustration.

"No, because either way I do this, I piss someone off. If I stay with you, I piss Andy off and everything's all awkward. If I go talk to Andy, you get pissed off at me. I need to find a way to make this work, and I need your help," I said, shooting him a pleading glance. He rolled his eyes. "You know how Andy must be feeling right now. I know that you still want to be one of his best friends, that he's still one of your best friends. It's not gonna kill you to talk to him." Joe sighed again, looking away from me.

"What else does it mean, then?" he asked quietly, changing the subject. I sighed.

"You know, it would be nice if I didn't have to sneak away from you to talk to Patrick and Pete," I admitted, looking down at the floor again. Trying to get Joe to budge on the Andy situation was just a waste of breath.

"Whatever," he said dismissively. I sighed and shook my head as I walked out to the living room. To take my mind off of things, I started playing with Penny in the living room. I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked up to see Pete staring.

"Hey," he said nonchalantly.

"You heard everything, didn't you?" I asked in the same tone. He nodded sheepishly and sat down next to me. He started playing with Penny as he spoke.

"Listen, Joe and Andy are like...they're two of a kind. Before we even knew you, they were always at odds. But they'd always make up afterwards. It's just something that they do, you know?" he explained. I sighed.

"What if they don't just make up after this one?" I asked quietly. Pete shrugged.

"Then I guess the band's done," he said with a chuckle. Another dog made its way over to where Pete and I were sitting. "This is Hemingway, I don't think you two have met before. He likes to chill in my room most of the time and eat my shoes." He grinned at the dog, and I started to pet him. Hemingway's tongue hung out of one side of his mouth in contentment, and I smiled.

"You guys sure do take in a lot of strays," I muttered, looking back down at Penny.

"Yeah, and we always end up getting attached," he replied lightly. I could feel his gaze on me. Then he unexpectedly hugged me. "Listen, Lane, no matter what happens, you'll always be our friend. You can count on us for anything, alright?" I was taken aback by Pete's sudden outburst. "And I'm not just saying that because I totaled your car and put you in the hospital." I smiled a bit, overcome with sudden emotion. These boys were special. And they each genuinely cared about me. It was a strange and comforting feeling to know that I had such great friends. And that knowledge also made me want to cry. I hastily wiped a tear away, but Pete caught it. "Are you crying?" he asked incredulously. I shook my head.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I reassured him. He rubbed my back awkwardly to try and comfort me. "I'm just...you guys are great." I calmed myself down and Pete smiled awkwardly.

"You didn't need to say that. We already knew it was true," he said jokingly.
***
A/N: So there you go. I still feel terrible, and I can't remember half of what I wrote, but that's okay. Stay tuned for more. I don't know when, but possibly soon. Thanks to pyrotechnicist and thatgirlinthecorner for reviewing. You guys get...anything you want haha.

Love it? Hate it? Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story