Categories > Celebrities > The Used > Now I'm Everyone

Yesterday's Feelings

by killella 4 reviews

teenage girl (rose frankner) life forces her into the comfort of her music

Category: The Used - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Published: 2008-08-01 - Updated: 2008-08-01 - 835 words

2Ambiance
I sighed back in hell then. I stepped the threshold to enter the prison that everyone calls school. I looked round; the walls were an off white colour with dirt marks from shoes, bags and god know what else.
I started to make my way down the hall way, the sound of my feet echoing of the less than respectable walls. No one was bustling through the hall at this time I was way too early but I couldn’t stay at home and I hadn’t slept so what the hell I got changed at about 4 this morning and lay in bed staring at the ceiling until I heard my alarm ring at 6 and I got up and went straight out the door. Breakfast didn’t even cross my mind once. Now that I think about it I’ve never known what I prefer home or here. I have never felt like school provides safety like it was meant to but then again I didn’t feel like there was anything here for, anything worth coming to school for. I had no friends here which were a major transition from my old school. I was loved and appreciated there but since I had come here I had felt over powered from the onset.

I made it to my locker after what felt like forever I pulled my pencil case and any books I needed for the day out of it but not at a normal speed, I decided to do it slower than necessary for the pure sake of having something to do if I didn’t then I would have to sit in an empty classroom for an hour with nothing to do and this... this would cause me to think thoughts ...thoughts that would make me stress and cry and make me run.... run to get away from it all. So I avoid it by pointless tasks. But then again who wouldn’t?

“Rose wow you’re very early indeed, most teachers aren’t even here yet!” spoke Mrs Jamenson staring down at me the look of a cat like curiosity in her eyes. I kept looking ahead for fear of her looking into mine and seeing the wiry red veins in my eyes. I let my hair fall in front of my face as I carried on bending over my bag pretending to be searching for something.

“Yes miss I came in early too ... tidy up my locker” I replied slightly unconvincingly considering my locker was in pristine condition and she knew this but did not bother to question my cleanliness standards.

“ok Rose I will see you in registration anyway” I could feel her eyes drilling a whole through my back as she walked away as though to try and find was eating away inside of me.
That school day passed way too quickly for me I didn’t want it to end not if it meant that I had to go back home which I wouldn’t do straight away anyway. I was sat in my last lesson of day (science) in the front corner by myself. My head was pretty much near enough touching the table when the bell rang to let us go after we had served our time like prisoners but I would rather be a prisoner here that at home.

I exited the school and made my way to the public toilets near a supermarket were I changed into my normal clothes jeans, t-shirt and hoodie. After this I made my way to the field like roadside where I placed myself every day. My patched marked in the grass as if it were my territory. For 5 hours I watched passing cars and there arrays of colours turning into a blur. For me it feels like as time moves for everyone else but me, I’m standing still whilst everything is going at the speed of light-years. That reminded me ... none wished me happy birthday the previous day. The strange thing is it didn’t affect me for the simple fact birthdays are meant to be happy days full of glee and people worshiping the change in age but if people had wished me happy birthday they would have just been mocking me just by the word “happy”.
“The irony” I whispered to myself as I decided to lie on my back and look at the sky.
It was cloudless of course. Fucking hell even the sky is mocking me Christ can it just swallow me up now!
“Excuse me ... do you know where the nearest hotel is?” someone called in a Utah accent.
I sighed as I used both my hands to push me up back into a seating position. I saw a guy pushing his torso halfway out a van window, long straggly blond hair about the same length as mine .

And then realisation spread throughout my body and I couldn’t control myself.
“OH MY FUCKING GOD ...YOURE.....Y...YOU ARE BERT MCCRACKEN!?”
Sign up to rate and review this story