Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Massacre

Deer Stop

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Katherine lures Duncan into her office to grill him on questions about Rose and Pete and Meredith. Yay, no more computer problems!!!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-08-04 - Updated: 2008-08-04 - 1377 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deer Stop:

Tonight was my night shift and I had drafted Duncan and Vanessa to work with me tonight. I was really curious about Pete and Rose. I have been hearing things around the office about a possible romance between them. I wanted the full scoop before I drew my own conclusions. Mind you, I wasn't going to publicize it in an article. I would never do that to my employees. A boss must build a trust in their workers. Otherwise, they will rebel against you. I'm hoping to use that trust to gain information out of Rose's two closet friends. Amanda is proving to be useless as usual lately. Well, time to get to work.

I listened in closely from my office at Vanessa and Duncan talking. So far, it was just the usual complaining. Just as I expected. I just need to listen in further to get anything.

"I don't understand why she's making us work late tonight!" Vanessa whined.

"But don't you find it strange," Duncan said.

"What do you mean?" Vanessa asked him.

"Well think about it," Duncan said. "Mandy is assigned to follow Rose and Pete around for information on them dating. She turns up nothing because we interfere. So, Katherine turns to the next best thing." There was a pause. I pretended to be finishing up my Rolling Stones article. Damn, Duncan is good!//That guy doesn't miss a beat.

"Now that you mention it," Vanessa said. "Yeah, it is odd."

"I think she's trying to get to us to spill it about Pete and Rosie." Duncan summed up. Oh damn, he knows too much! This can't be good! I listen in closer.

"So what do we do?" Vanessa asked. Another pause of silence. I listened in closely.

"Just," Duncan replied. "Dodge any questions pertaining to Rose." A sneer came out of Vanessa.

"What?" Duncan asked her innocently.

"It's just..." she replied. "You have a thing for Boss-Lady!"

"How did you know?" Duncan asked aloud in surprise.

"Isn't it obvious?" Vanessa asked him. "You've always had a thing for cougars. Boss-Lady is in her forties, isn't she?" I became annoyed. Forties, how dare she! Okay, I am forty-three. But still, Vanessa should mind her own damn business!

"Okay," Duncan admitted. "You caught me! I think cougars are hot! And Katherine is hot! Is that crime?"

"Who am I to judge?" Vanessa asked. A smile came across my face. Oh wow! Duncan has a crush on me! I thought he was gay! Now that I think about, he is kind of cute. Then, an idea came into my head. I decided that I was going to seduce Duncan and try to get out everything I can out about Pete and Rose. Tonight was going to be a good start. I came out to Duncan and Vanessa. They pretended to be working right that very second. I smirked to myself. How typical!

"Nice try guys!" I called to them. They all froze up quickly. I smiled at them wisely. /Perfect, right where I want them/. I looked at both of them for a moment.

"Duncan," I said aloud. "In my office now!" I headed back inside to my office. I looked out of the corner of my eye and noticed him grinning at Vanessa. Oh yes, this'll be easy! I made it into my office. I sat down at my desk. Duncan sat down in front of it. I studied him for a long while. I have a very strong sense of "gaydar" with my employees. I never took Duncan as loving cougars. I always thought that he was gay. This could work in my favor. He is pretty attractive now that I think about it.

"You wanted to see me?" Duncan asked me quickly. I returned to earth really fast. Duncan was looking at me slightly confused.

"Oh, yeah! Yeah!" I said to him.

"Okay," he said. "What is going on?" I sat up straight. I had to think of a good excuse to have him back here to talk to. Usually, I could come up with something in a flash. But tonight, I just couldn't think straight. Damn! Am I... falling for Duncan already? No! I can't be in love with him. He's way too young for me. Plus, he's gay! Still... I could convent him into being straight. But can't focus on that now. Have to think of a good excuse.

"So Duncan," I said at last. "How are you on your article?"

"Great," he said. "In fact, Rose and I are done with our decade. It just need proofreading and editing. And when we finish our timeline, we'll be done!"

"I see," I said. "Speaking on Rose...." He looked up at me ready to answer.

"Yes," he said. "What about her?"

"You're her best friend, right?" I asked him sounding causal.

"Since we when ten," Duncan replied. "Why?" I braced myself for the next question.

"Is she seeing anybody at the moment?" I asked him. He looked at me oddly.

"No," he replied sounding confused. "What does this have to do with the article?"

"Nothing," I said innocently. "She's not even seeing Tony?" Again, Duncan looked at me confused.

"They're still together?" he asked. "Look, are if you're trying to hook Rose up with your ex-husband again, I'm sorry to say this but..."

"Oh, no, no!!!" I interrupted quickly. "I wouldn't wish that on anyone!" We both remembered my ex-husband, Jonathan. He was very abusive and controlling. I left him with my daughters when I had the chance. One day, I was really felt pity for Rose and her relationship with Tony. She really needed a new man. So, I unwittingly hooked her up with my ex. Needless to say, that was the date from Hell for her. She told me and everyone at BRM that he spent the whole night drinking, saying insulting racial and sexist slurs, and pining for me. I ended up apologizing to her over and over again. Rose accepted and let me slide on that mistake. She and I never spoke on it again.

"So why are you asking me about Rose's love life?" Duncan asked me changing the mood some. "If you want to know that badly, ask her yourself. I can't speak for her all of the time. We respect each other's privacies." I shrugged at him.

"Dunno," I replied. We were silent for a moment.

"Is... there anything else?" Duncan asked me. I quickly had the second question ready in my mind.

"Did you find out anything on Judy's friend?" I asked him causally. I noticed that Duncan's face went really pale. I caught him in a trap. Now to slowly pull out the information from him. Damn, he's really cute when he's in a panic like that!

"Well," I said. "Do I need to be concerned about my daughter?"

"No!" Duncan said quickly. I looked at him interested.

"Oh?" I asked him. Duncan breathed in and relaxed.

"No," he said. "Meredith Gomez is a great girl. She is struggling to from a poor family to make her life better through college." So far, I liked what I was hearing so far.

"Would I want to meet Ms. Gomez?" I asked boldly.

"Yeah!" my potential boy toy said to me. "Yes and you'll will love her like your own daughter!" I thought about that for a moment.

"I see!" I said happily. "I'll meet her on Saturday night for the family dinner!" Duncan nodded at me smiling.

"Yes," he agreed. "That would be a great idea." We both sat there in silence.

"Is... there anything else?" he asked me. I smiled at him again.

"No," I answered. "That's all." Duncan breathed out easily.

"Can I go now?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied easily. "Yes you can go."

"Thank you," he said. Then. Duncan got up and left my office. I watched him walk away. A rich smile came across my face. Ooo! I would love to have him in my bed! For the rest of the night, I was entertaining ideas about seducing Duncan and converting him to being straight. I can do it. He'll just be my little work in progress.

God Save the Queen, She Ain't No Human Being
Sign up to rate and review this story