Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Light of Love

Previous Engagements and Rose Petals

by demon_kitty2008 0 reviews

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Published: 2008-08-07 - Updated: 2008-08-08 - 693 words

0Unrated
She entered the room, patiently waiting for her lord to arrive. He had just returned from the Southern Lands, negotiating the marriage arrangements between his son and the Panther lord's daughter. The more Satomi thought about it, the more she worried. The way they look at each other, theres no mistaking that look. Something is growing between them. This could be very bad news. Her thoughts were cut short by the door sliding open, "Ah, Satomi-hime! How nice it is to see you. The girl is feeling better today, ne? Inutaisho said, walking over to greet his friend. "Oh milord, her health has improved dramatically. Why her and Sesshomaru are going to view the dew on the flowers in the garden" Satomi and Inutaisho were great friends, ever since childhood. "Well that is good to hear. They seem to be growing closer, ne?" Inutaisho walked over to retrieve a bottle of sake for the two of them. "Yes milord, which is why I came to see you," she gazed at the floor, "I believe he may have actual 'feelings' for her. The way he looks at her, its how you look at the human, Izayoi. I've never seen him look at another like that." Inutaisho stopped what he was doing and turned to face his friend, "Satomi, are you certain about this?" She looked up, worry written all over her face, "Oh Inutaisho-sama, I'm absolutely certain of it! Its still young, but... well he dosen't act at all like himself when shes in his thoughts. And when their eyes meet, its almost as if they are lost in each other." He sat there, absorbing the information. Damn! This is going to ruin everything. The panther lord will be furious! This could cause a war. Something must be done. "Thank you for bringing this to my attention." He turned away, pouring a generous amount of sake into his cup. "Will you go tell my son that I would like to speak with him?" "Why yes Inutaisho-sama." He sighed, "thank you Satomi-hime, you are dismissed." With that, they bowed to each other, and Satomi left the room. Inutaisho slowly sipped on the sake, and breathed a heavy sigh. Oh my son, I never thought your heart could melt for someone, and so quickly.


Hikari and Sesshomaru sat in the wet grass, admiring the humingbirds fliting in and out of each flower. The sunlight on the dew made the petals glisten, and the cool morning breeze brought scents of nectar and pollen. "It's absolutely beautiful here, thank you for bringing me." Hikari looked over to Sesshomaru, expecting a reply. He simply kept his eyes closed and faced forward, basking in the morning's ambiance. "You know, about earlier, I'm sorry. I... I was just curious. It was wrong of me to question you." He opened his eyes, "Don't be sorry. It's nothing." He stood up and walked towards a rosebush. They're as red as her lips. She has beautiful lips. Oh, how I would love to touch them. Just once. "Oh, they are so beautiful! I love roses. They were my mother's favorite." She stared at them, remembering how her mother would grow dozens of rose bushes outside their home. Many roses, in every color of the rainbow. Sesshomaru looked at her, puzzled, "Your mother's favorite?" Hikari looked down, hiding the sorrow on her face, "Yes. She absolutely loved roses. She would say that the scent of a rose would fill your heart with peace and happiness." She turned to wipe the tears from her eyes. "Hikari-chan?" Sesshomaru could smell the tears falling from her eyes like rain. "Oh, its nothing. Its just... my parents were killed when I was very small. I... I just miss..." Before she could react, Sesshomaru grabbed Hikari and pulled her into his embrace. He smelled her hair, and found that she smelled of the roses. "Its okay my friend, they wouldn't want you to cry like this." Hikari just sat there, wide eyed, unsure of what to do. "Sesshomaru..." She closed her eyes, finding that she didn't want to pull away. They just sat there, amongst the roses, lost in time.

Sign up to rate and review this story