Categories > Original > Romance > Strictly Business

Strictly Business

by eyelinertearsz 0 reviews

We get into the heads of the Jonas Brothers as they get ready to judge the final round of contestants. Sure, this is the kind of stuff they live for - but why does Nick feel so touchy about it?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-08-09 - Updated: 2008-08-09 - 924 words

0Unrated
Note: Okay, now were going to get to know what's going through the heads of the Jonas Brothers! I don't know them personally (well, I can dream can't I?), so if they say or do anything a little seemingly out of character, I'm sorry. I tried to make them do things that you can picture or have seen them doing, as in the way they act. Read and Review!


Chapter Two: Denial is Futile

“I guess we better get started now.” Kevin Jonas said to his brothers, sounding excited. “The deadline is coming up, and Hot Topic Tunes would probably kill us if we did it any later.”

“You’re right.” Joe said, turning to Nick. “Come on Nick, turn on the laptop. Let’s do this, people.”

“Guys, don’t get me wrong,” Nick frowned as he powered up the computer, “as much as I love songwriting, I’m not looking too forward to this whole contest thing!”

A funny look struck Joe’s face. He eyed Nick in some sort of absurd manner that made him feel as if Joe was staring right through him. And funnily enough, Joe did know what was going on. Ever since Nick had broken up with his last girlfriend – whom he had met through a meet and greet – he had always been negative about meeting his crazy female fans.

“Nicholas Jerry Jonas...” Joe said in a funny and sarcastic voice, “meet and greets are not about meeting girls. This one is about music – and music only.”

Kevin almost choked on the sandwich he was nibbling on at hearing this, “Yeah, says the one who flirts the most.”

Joe knew he couldn’t deny it, so he remained silent and kept his focus on his brother Nick who was looking at him defensively with wide eyes.

“I... No! I’m not, doing... whatever you think I’m doing! Or feeling for that matter! It’s just that-“

“You’re just afraid that you might meet another girl who’s really pretty, loves music, is talented and reminds you of Natalie. Come on bro, you can’t deny the obvious.”

Nick looked down in defeat. “Does it seem that way?” He asked quietly.

Nobody answered – nobody needed to. The only thing they needed to do the most was to judge the top 3 contestants of the HTT Songwriting Contest.

So, they opened up the website and clicked on the first entry. The contestant’s name was Ashlee Hamilton. From looking at her profile picture, she had long, wavy, raven-coloured hair which flowed to about her elbows. Her big brown eyes were hard to ignore, and she had a decent smile.

After the video had finished loading, Nick apathetically clicked the play button.

“Hi, I’m Ashlee Hamilton.” The girl said, flashing a smile. “The song I wrote is called ‘Please Hold On’, and it really means a lot to me. It’s about those who are going through a really tough time, and someone they know is sick, hurt, dying – something of the sort. To make a long story short, it’s that kind of song that I wrote to offer some hope and faith for a better day.” Ashlee then picked up her guitar and started strumming a slow, sad melody. She stared intently at the camera and said quietly, “This is for you, daddy.”

All three of the Jonas Brothers seemed really touched by her small speech, but it was Nick who felt almost a chill up his spine.

“Nobody ever really knew why
All that we knew was that it was to be
And there was not a single dry eye
You always held strong, it was never hard to see

“But now it’s cold
And there you lie
And even with your eyes closed I can see you fighting
I’ll take your hand, help you understand
And I whispered to you softly as I cried

“Oh just please hold on, a little bit longer
Things will go wrong; we can’t always have our way
Can’t you please, just stay a big stronger
I’ll be here beside you when you wake
I’ve been here beside you every day”


Ashlee continued on with the song, but Nick was no longer listening. He was touched by what he had already heard, and not to mention he was looking at how sad the girl on the screen looked. Not only that, but Nick couldn’t take his mind off how pretty she was.

At hearing the last strum of Ashlee’s guitar, Kevin then stopped the video.

“Not bad,” He nodded in approval.

“Really sad,” Joe added.

“Yet really good,” Nick smiled. “I think she should win.”

Joe and Kevin turned their heads to Nick. They had bewildered expressions on their faces.

“We haven’t even watched the other two videos.” Kevin said.

Realizing what he had said, Nick made a face and put up his hand as to say either “never mind” or “I was joking”. Either way, Joe was already on top of the whole situation.

“Oh no,” Joe smiled, “It’s happening already isn’t it Nick?”

Nick shot Joe a quick and evil look. After that, the three continued judging the remaining two videos.


Note: Well, we've learned quite a bit haven't we? Just kidding, but seriously now. If you like it (or even hate it), review it. Reviewing will help me learn what in the world I'm doing either right or wrong. Remember this is my first fanfiction!
Sign up to rate and review this story