Categories > Original > Romance > Love Bug

Love Bug

by LizzyJonas 0 reviews

Two best friends enter a contest to receive a gift from their favorite band. They get more then just a prize. Read to find out what happens.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-08-10 - Updated: 2008-09-03 - 546 words

0Unrated
August 8th, 2008. Jess and Lizzy are hanging out on the computer.

“Just enter the damn contest already!” Lizzy yelled frustratingly at her best friend Jess.

“Chill! I gotta read the rules first. Do you think you can handle that?”

“I think I can haha. Okay, read them.”

“Alright, ‘Entry is free. You must be 14 or older to enter. Winner receives a free Chevy Hybrid and a copy of the new album A Little Bit Longer by the Jonas Brothers.’” Jess reads off of the computer screen.

“Oh man, I thought you would win a meet and greet to meet the Jonas Brothers. But oh well, those prizes are sweet.”

“No wait, there’s more...” Jess begins to read the rest. “The album will be hand delivered by the Jonas Brothers along with the receiving of the Hybrid vehicle.” She finishes.

“Wait, whoa! So they will come to your house and hand you the CD themselves?” Lizzy asks excitedly.

“Yep, that’s what it says.” Jess replies and they both start to smile.

“ENTER! NOW!” Lizzy screams.

“I’m going! I’m going!” Jess says as she starts to furiously type in the information needed. “Whose address should I put down?”

“Just put mine down, we are at my house most of the time anyway.”

“Lizzy, what if we seriously won?”

“Hm, let’s see. Oh yeah, I’d shit my pants!”

“Yeah me too, but we never win anything so we really shouldn’t get our hopes up.”

“Yeah, true. When will they be going to the winner’s house?” Lizzy asks.

“Um, it says that the winner will be called ahead of time, on the 12th of August, and the Jonas Brothers will be at your house the 13th.”

“Oh, wow, that’s soon. What is it? The 8th?”

“Yeah, I don’t want to hear about the person who wins. That’s going to suck.” Jess sighs.

“Don’t be a pessimist; let’s just keep our hopes up.” Lizzy tells Jess. Lizzy feels something touch her arms and she jumps and let’s out a little scream.

“Calm down, it’s just a lady bug.” Jess tells Lizzy as she gently takes it off her arm. “Let’s go make a wish.”

“A wish? What the hell? Why?”

“You’ve never wished on a lady bug? You go outside, throw the lady bug into the air and make a wish.”

“Um, okay then. Let’s go out on the balcony.”

They both walk out onto the balcony of Lizzy’s house, walking slowly to make sure the lady bug doesn’t fly off of Jess’s hand before they can even make a wish. They both sit on the ledge and look at the lady bug.

“Do we say the wish out loud or in our heads?” Lizzy wonders.

“In your head. Ready?”

“Ready.”

Jess throws her hand in the air and the lady bug unclenches it’s self from her skin and flies into the air. They close their eyes and it’s obvious what they are wishing for. You can see smiles form on their faces as they are making their wishes. They were wishing so hard you could probably hear it out loud, “I wish we would win the contest.”
Sign up to rate and review this story