Categories > Original > Drama

"A 'Little' Secret"

by bellaluvsnick 0 reviews

So school just started here and my English teacher want an i dea of our writing abilities. She asked us to write a essay on our favorite song. I picked "A Little Bit Longer" by the Jonas Brothers.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-16 - Updated: 2008-08-16 - 359 words - Complete

0Unrated
Have you ever been through a hard time? The song "A Little Bit Longer" by the Jonas Brothers tells about the youngest bandmember, Nicholas, and his struggle with type 1 diabetes. This song is the title track for the group's latest album released on August 12, 2008. I like this this song for three main reasons: I love the vocals in it. The melodies are awesome. My favorite part of the song is the lyrics. They are so meaningful and beautiful.

I am in love with Nick Jonas's voice. I'll be the first to tell you that. I've never really understood why, I just always have been. In "A Little Bit Longer", Nick sings lead vocals. The song starts out very soft rising in the chorus and bridge, then gets soft at the end giving Nick a chanceto shine and show us the range of his beautiful voice.

When Nick wrote the song he used a basic piano melody. But as the song grew in album production; guitar, bass guitar, drums, and even a strings section were added. I have ad the privledge had the priveledge to hear Nick tell his story and to her this song played live. hearing it live is most definatly superior to hearing the studio version anyday. I love how it starts out soft, but builds through the entire song.

The words are my favorite part of the song. My favorite part is the very end right after the guitar driven bridge. "So I'll wait till kingdom come/All the highs and lows are gone/A little bit longer/And I'll be fine/I'll be fine." This part is my favorite because it reminds me that there is always hope for brighter days.

Nick Jonas wrote the song "A Little Bit Longer" about his struggle with type 1 diabetes. This song is the title track for the Jonas Brothers' most reacent album, which was released only a short time ago on August 12. We all face trials in life. We also need reminders that there is hope for change and that we are never alone in our time of need. For me "A Little Bit Longer" is that reminder.
Sign up to rate and review this story