Categories > Original > Romance > S.O.S

Can't Have You

by KevinJonasLuver92 0 reviews

I love Kevin Jonas...and I think he loves me too...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-16 - Updated: 2008-08-17 - 1682 words

0Unrated
A/N: Second chapter, I own nothing. Chapter title "Can't Have You" belongs to the Jonas Brothers. I do not own the Jonas Brothers.

Can't Have You

-Leayah was laying down on her bed. The lids to her eyes were slowly sliding closed. The heartbeat underneath her ear was so soothing, along with the slow circular movement on her back it was most definitely enough to put her to sleep. The only thing that kept her from slumber was Zac's voice.

"Renae keeps asking me to do duets with her and I keep telling her no and that she had her chance last year...she just doesn't listen. I love you Leayah. I really love you." Zac said wrapping his arms tighter around her body. She couldn't remember the last time he had held her so tightly. But what she did remember was right after he had broken up with Renae.

Flashback

There he stood, in the rain, alone.

Leayah stood in the lobby watching the cold rain fall on him. His head was bowed, looking down at the wet ground beneath him. His wet clothes clung to his body, his well developed muscles showed through the thin fabric of his t-shirt.

Leayah remembered it pretty well...since it only happened five minutes ago

Zac and Renae stood in front of the auditorium. Renae had her arms around Zac's neck holding him close to her body. His hands rested at her waist and he looked as if he were trying to pull away from her.

Leayah waited for Zac behind an enterance to the auditorium where neither Zac or Renae could see her. She and Zac were good friends and they hung out each night after rehersal for the fall musical Beauty and the Beast.

"Renae I need to talk to you, seriously." Zac said pulling away from her.

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?" She asked with a girlish giggle.

"I don't think we should see eachother anymore. I've started to like someone else, and that someone else is very important to me. I care about her alot and believe it or not she cares about me too. So...I'm breaking up with you. I'm sorry, I just want to keep from hurting you in the future. I hope that we can still be friends though." Zac said after he pulled away from her completely not even holding her hands.

"What?! You can't do this to me!!! I'm the most popular girl in school. You cannot break up with me. I'm the one who should be breaking up with you!!!" Renae shrieked at the top of her lungs.

Leayah could hear Renae pounding her fists on Zac's chest and slapping his face right and left. Tears formed in her eyes and began to fall over the edges.

"Renae stop it!!! We both know that it's for the best." Zac said with struggle, holding back Renae's relentless fury was harder than it seemed apparently.

"No!! You know what? I hate you!!! I never want to see your face again!!!!!" Renae said breaking free from his grip and making contact with his face, hard.

Leayah heard Zac's body stumble for it's ballanceand Renae's storm off and exit the building.

The rain began to fall.

Leayah left her position to see Zac and his injured state. He stood in the middle of the lobby.

His hand was up to his face, crimson liquid seeping through the gaps of his fingers. He was looking down at the carpet. His eyes obstructed from sight by his dirty blonde hair.

He turned around and walked outside into the downpour.

He'd been standing in the rain for a good five minutes. Renae was long gone and it was just the two of them.

Was what he said to Renae true?

Did he like someone?

Did he truly care about this person more than he cared about her?

Zac told her everything, if it wasn't in person it was whether over the phone or on the internet. And he hadn't told her about anyone he liked!

Leayah took a deep breath and stepped out into the cold rain with him. She gasped as the rain fell on her and seeped through her clothes to her warm skin. Her heart swelled as she took the steps to become closer and closer to him.

She stopped just a foot away from him and put her hand on his shoulder. She gripped it gently but firmly and caressed the back of his shoulder blade with her thumb.

He turned around and looked into her eyes. His hair fell into his face and stuck to his forehead. His cheeks were stained from either the rain or tears, she couldn't tell. There was an ugly purple and red bruise on his cheekbone.

She raised her hand and gingerly touched the bruise. He sucked in a breath through clenched teeth.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I was just trying to help!" She said taking back her hand.

"No." He said. He took her hand in his and put it back on the bruise. "You have no idea how much better it feels now." He said putting his arm around her waist holding her close to him.

"I'm sorry she did this to you." Leayah said taking her free hand and running it through his wet locks.

"It's not the worst thing that could happen. You could hurt me worse than that." Zac said resting his forehead on hers.

"No I couldn't, I'm not that strong. I can't understand why anyone would want to hurt you, but you never know some people." She said with a smile.

"Yeah you could. Leayah...be my girlfriend." Zac said taking his free hand and cradling her cheek in his palm.

She looked up with wide eyes. She'd never had a boyfriend before. Would he be her first?

"Well? Don't leave me here all night I need an answer." Zac said with a large smile. He knew that he had surprised her.

She smiled up at him and he smiled down at her. He leaned down to capture her lips with his.

They both smiled into the kiss and Leayah broke away from him remembering that she had to breathe.

"Yes" She said breathless.

End Flashback

Leayah smiled to herself.

"Aww!! I love you too Zac...but tell me is something else wrong? You don't seem yourself tonight." Leayah said snuggling into his intoxicating scent.

"Well..." He said still rubbing her back in a circular motion. "yeah there is, I guess I'm just jealous of that Kevin guy I mean, he was hitting on you so much the other day it was making me sick." Zac said with a large sigh.

"Oh Zac don't be jealous, it's been a week and I haven't heard anything from him so don't worry." Leayah said sitting up. She truthfully hadn't heard anything at all which made her sad, but it was probably for the best.

"Well, your mom's going to yell at us here in a few minutes so I might as well go on and head home. So would you like to see me out?" He asked her taking her hands in his.

"You should already know the answer to that." She said with a smile.

They walked downstairs and out to his truck.

"I love you." He said wrapping his arms around her waist and pushing her gently against the body of his truck.

"I love you too." She said kissing his soft lips. His lips moved eagerly against hers and trailed their way down her cheek to her neck where he found her pulse and kissed it gently.

"I love you." He said again pressing her lips against hers once again.

"I love you too." She said with a laugh. "Now get out of here before you get in trouble." She said pushing him away from her.

"Okay, if you insist." He said gettin in his truck and starting the ignition making it roar to life. He rolled down the window for one last kiss and "I love you" before he left.

Leayah went back inside and laid back down on her bed. Her pillow still smelled like him.

Then her phone rang.

She looked at it and saw Kevin Jonas looking back at her. His name was flashing.

Butterflies suddenly filled her stomach. She took a deep breath and pressed send.

"Hello?" She said. Her hand shook like a leaf in the wind.

"Hello is this Leayah." Kevin asked.

"Yes this is Leayah, is this Kevin Jonas?" She asked.

"Yeah it is, listen I'm sorry I haven't gotten to call you or anything, you know how the rockstar life is...well...you know what I mean." Kevin said with a laugh. She could tell that he was nervous.

"No, no Kevin don't worry I understand. So what's up how is everything?" Leayah asked. She was so happy to talk to him.

"Oh everything's good so far. We're just taking some down time and chilling out for the day. We have a show the day after tomorrow in California so we're heading that way. So how many people have you told that you met the Jonas Brothers?" Kevin asked.

"Honestly only three or four, two of them were my best friends and they want to meet you guys too. One is Bella and she loves Nick and then Alexiz and she loves Joe. So we're going to have to get together sometime and hang out all together." She stifled a yawn.

"Were you yawning?" Kevin asked.

"What? No I wasn't yawning." She yawned again.

"Well since you're not 'yawning' I'm going to let you go to bed." Kevin said with a laugh. "I'll call you tomorrow I promise." He said.

"But I don't want to fall asleep..." Leayah said before she passed on into the world of dreams.

"'Cause I don't know if I'll get up.'" Kevin finished...

He would call her the next day...

"Because I'd rather just be alone if I know that I can't have you."
Sign up to rate and review this story