Surprises at the train station...
(#) DragonBard 2008-08-18 07:54:32 PMI wonder if Phoenix will show up. In one timeline, she and Franklin are an item.
Imagine what the Wizarding World's reaction will be if they encounter THE Phoenix.
Maybe have Sersi as a guest lecturer on Transfiguration.
- I lvoe it and that was such a thoughtful present. The flashbacks were great and I can't wait to see Minerva's reaction, even in flashback, to getting such a missive. I wonder, given the sensor fit Harry has, if he'll notice the problem(s) with that diary right off the bat? I rather suspect he's got some unique tools for dealing with such things. It'll be interesting to see if Tom manages to get Ginny into Ravenclaw or not.
Personally, I'd love to see that end scene with the 17-year-old Harry. I think it'd do the Purebloods a world of good to see magic and various bits of technomagic working together to do things there's no way in Hell they could do themselves.
Author's response- The reaction of the Hogwarts staff will be shown next chapter.
- I've got (I believe) a fairly original method for dealing with the Diary... At least I think it's original.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2008-08-18 09:43:36 PMVery good update. There really aren't any parts to constructively criticize, unfortunately for me.
I'm excited to see this story progress. It's hard to look so far ahead, but I'm really looking forward to Harry getting older in this story.
Looking forward to more.
- Excellent update though it took a while. Now for the scene you wrote for the 17 year old Harry honestly i would love to read it even as an omake. As for your other thoughts, you are the author, you decide where you want to take this story.
- A nice little addition to the story. I particularly liked that terrifying Ravenclaw forethought that Padma showed. If I were Harry, I'd be very, very afraid of what two intelligent, motivated witches might get up to over the next few years. :-p
So, it is confirmed that Tom is with someone. The reply to his prodding about 'soul mates' suggests that this is not Ginny; she would have rejoiced at the thought of being Harry's soul mate. I'm going to stick with Tom's host being Luna but it is just as possible that it is either an OC or someone who was just a name in canon.
Once again, good characterisations that manage to reflect the characters age and level of emotional development at that age. Well done.
BenRG's Rating: 8/10
Just one PS: The surname of the Poweer Pack kids is 'Power', not 'Powers'. I think that you got Jack's relationship with his siblings just right although he is more likely to tease young Katie than older sister Julie.
Author's response- I don't know how Ravenclaw it is really, I over heard my daughter and her friends making similar plans for young male friends at that age...
- Not Ginny? Perish the thought.
- Yeah, I goof up the Power/Powers thing all the time. Working on it.
- Again,Like everyone else, I am really am enjoying your fic!!!
And, again, like everyone else again, I am really looking forward to seeing where you go with this.
I like the confidence and intellect that Harry's father, tutors, and powerful friends have given him. Ie. that gift to Hermione that saved his butt. I think that even if he had "not" been able to expand the gift, she would loved it.
Grin, My Lady of 38 years still confuses me, so I truly sympathize with Harry's girl problems!
Oh, and thank you for helping remember Padma sister's name, Parvati.
Thanks for the good read, it's still worth the time.
May the MUSES always be with you!!!
(#) DarkDannyB 2008-08-19 07:30:45 AMplease more more more, i love the story its un be;lievably cool. are gonna introduce spider-man in any of the chapters or perhaps banner himself or hell maybe even that babe of babe felicia hardy (black cat) she hulk is uber cool, though one question not related to your story why is all the femmes in marvel and dc are drop dead babes? i mean look at them storm jean marry jane sue etc etc.
great story and love the way your progressing glad you finally updated