Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Endless Ocean

A Bit Of A Surprise

by Kairu-kun 0 reviews

Kail, Grig and the newly hired Kira (who seems to have a few quirks) go after their prize. However, something highly unexpected happens.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: R - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2008-08-19 - Updated: 2008-08-21 - 2725 words

1Exciting
Kail, Grig and Kira headed for the ship with Kail being more dragged than walking on his own. Since Kira's punch, he felt like his drunkedness skipped straight to hangover. When they reached his ship, he insisted on walking on his own. He used the pipes as handrails as he made his way to the back of the ship. "Um...ok so...here's your room...right there" Kail pointed out to Kira. She grinned happily, looking much like a child in a candy store. Her eyes were wide with wonder as she explored what would soon be her new home. She stepped past Kail into her new room. "Oh wow! It's great!" she exclaimed, stepping into the center of the room and spinning slowly with her arms out wide. Kail watched her oddly, noting that she acted quite different now than she did in the bar. "Um...right well...my room is right next door so if you ever feel er...lonely feel free to stop by" he said with a wolfish grin. He saw the sudden change in Kira's demeanor. It was almost like a personality switch. Her eyes looked like they belonged to another person. "Let's get something straight, asshole! I'm here to work. I swear if you so much as hit on me again I'll tear off what makes you a man and stuff it down your big friend's throat here!" she suddenly burst, stepping right up into Kail's face. Grig's eyes went wide as he regarded the two. 'What happened to the innocent, child-like girl that was there a moment ago?' he thought to himself. "Ahaha, dun mind 'im he's just 'ad a bit much ta drink" Grig said, stepping over to Kail and roughly grabbing his shoulders. Kail had been staring back into Kira's eyes, oddly entranced by the fire that was there. Suddenly Kira's eyes relaxed and she gave the sweetest smile. "Oh that's alright, anyway it's been a long day so I think I'll get some rest if you don't mind" she said cheerfully. Kail broke eye contact when the cold fury left them and shook his head. "Er, alright. Good night then. We should all get some rest before going after the ship. G'night" he said to the red-headed girl and he pulled her door closed behind him as he left. "Um...is it just me or is she a little...er...unstable?" Kail asked his second-in-command. The large Korian nodded solemnly, sighing. "This oughta be a interestin' trip" Grig stated. The two nodded a farewell to one another and retreated to their own quarters for some needed rest.

Kail couldn't see the face of the girl who was making him feel so good right now. There wasn't enough light in the room but he could see the silhouette of her head bobbing up and down as she took him fully into her warm mouth repeatedly. He groaned, breathing growing heavy as she expertly twisted her tongue around his member. He could feel himself tensing and she seemed to notice as well as she pushed him into her mouth faster and harder. Just before he could release, she suddenly stopped and he felt her crawling up his body. The mystery girl straddled him, poised just above his aching appendage that begged for her. Kail's hands went to the girl's ample breasts and caressed them slowly. The girl slowly lowered herself onto him until he was fully sheathed deep inside her. She gave a small cry of pleasure and began to grind her hips against his. She leaned forward and kissed his lips softly. It was then he saw that the girl was Kira. Her eyes were sweet and innocent, staring back into his. She continued grinding against him and Kail starting raising and lowering her back onto him with his hands on her thighs. They both moaned loudly and Kail felt himself reaching the breaking point. He groaned as he released fully inside her and she cried out as her body clenched in her own climax. Kira leaned back forward and kissed him once more. Suddenly, Kail caught the change in her eyes. Before he could say anything, Kira brought a blade to bare and slashed across his throat viciously. Kail flew out of bed and hit the cold, hard floor with a solid thud. He was drenched in a cold sweat and breathing heavily. "What..the..fuck?" he asked himself in a whisper, pushing himself back to his feet. He heard a soft giggle to the side. The sound made him jump and he spun quickly, ready to strike at the intruder. Kira stood at his doorway, blushing and giggling intensely. He followed her eyes and glanced down at himself. His boxers protruded outword. He laughed weirdly and covered himself up with his hands as he moved to the side of his room. "Hee-hee, having fun? You were tossing around in your sleep alot. I think you mentioned my name too. What was your dream about?" Kira asked him sweetly, giving an expression of a truly curious child. Kail laughed nervously, his dream not bolstering his confidence about his new companions volatile nature. "Um...I don't remember. I rarely remember my dreams" he answered.

Kira giggled again and shrugged innocently. "Ok then, well the big green thing says it's time for you to 'get your lazy ass up'. Don't shoot the messenger, k?" she said before running off, probably to the engine room. Kail rubbed his throbbing temple, his head pained from the night of drinking and celebrating a new crew member. He found a pair of baggy black pants and pulled them on, not bothering with a shirt for now. He rubbed his eyes sleepily as he walked out from his quarters and headed for the bridge. Grig was already waiting in his chair. "Already prepped for launch cap'n" he said to the approaching human. Kail sat in his own seat and checked the intruments. "That girls scares me a little" he said simply. "Starting her up, be careful back there!" he shouted to the back. He heard a faint sign of her voice telling him she was a-ok. He flipped the ignition switch and the engined rumbled to life. Kira cheered happily, for some reason getting immense enjoyment out of just watching machines work as well as fixing them. The docking arms released the ship and Kail slowly accelerated out of the port. They headed towards the center of the system. "Ok so where to begin our search. He didn't say where it was. Well, if it was in this system, there aren't many places it can hide. Get the scanners going, we'll find it eventually" Kail told Grig. The reptilian creature nodded silently and did as ordered. Kail watched a screen on the control panel that mapped out everything the scanner picked up. So far, nothing but asteroids registered. "Well, given the general gravitational pull of this area, if a ship went dead in the water around here it'd be in the asteroid field. So guess in we go" he thought aloud to himself. He piloted the ship into the massive asteroid field that surrounded a small star. Kail sighed as they searched slowly. Kira came onto the bridge. "So...what're we doing?" she asked. "We're searching for a ship that supposedly died somewhere out here. Could take a little while" Kail answered absently. She sighed and moved to sit on the floor between the two men. "Boring...I thought we were gonna do fun pirate stuff?" she said. Kail and Grig both laughed. "Oh I'm sure we will. Something always happens. Thing about being a pirate though, sometimes you gotta deal with the boring parts too" he assured her.

A few hours passed by and the crew of the pirate ship had only scouted roughly a fourth of the asteroid field. Kail looked back to smile at Kira's dozing form lying in the center of the floor. Her arms were sprawled straight out in either direction. She looked almost like she'd been shot. His mind drifted to back to his dream for a moment. 'Man...that was so hot...except the last part of course' he thought to himself. A loud beeping sound broke his mind away from the distraction. "Pickin' up a signal of some sort Cap'n. Seems to be a dead ship" Grig said with a knowing tone. Kail grinned as he homed in on the signal. "Time to collect" he said as his ship started towards the signal. Kail whistled loudly, a sound that made Kira jolt awake. "Huh, wha? What happened? Did we find it?" she asked sleepily. "Yeah, newbie. We found it" he answered just as a warning flashed on his screen. The scanner showed an object moving at very high speeds straight towards them. "Oh shit! Hang on!" he shouted as he maneuvered the ship quickly around many asteroids. The small cruise missle that tracked him tried to follow but collided with a giant rock and exploded. The resulting shockwave rocked Kail's whole ship. "What the fuck?! Who fired that?!" he shouted, still weaving around the mass hunks of metalic rock expertly. Grig typed quickly despite his large hands and soon spun a suspended hologram to face Kail. The slightly translucent screen depicted a large ship, outfitted with many guns. Kail sighed heavily. "A destroyer class. We can't fight that thing head-on, if at all. What the hell do they want?!" he shouted to no one in particular. The ship was far to the other side of their target. He couldn't get near it if he wanted without being blasted. One of those missles would destroy his entire ship. As if to answer his question about their motives, a transmission request was sent.

Kail hit the blinking button with a fist. A screen phased into existence before him but the image was blurred. "More pirates...I'll be damned" he said before the man introduced himself. "Well, so he DID send another team after all. It would seem we have both been hired by the same man. I'm so sorry you had to come all the way out here for nothing, but that ship is ours, as is the two million Sylph. If you don't leave, I'm afraid I'll have to destroy you" the man said calmly. Kail sighed heavily. "That son of a bitch. He hired more than one person" he said to himself. "Well, sorry to say but I don't give up so easily. May the best man win" Kail answered the mystery man. He swore he heard a chuckle before he cut transmission. Kira sat on her knees, eyes gleaming with excitement and anticipation. "Oh oh oh, so what're we gonna do?!" she asked quickly. Clearly she was enjoying herself. Grig watched the girl for a moment, not sharing her enthusiam. "Good question. Well Cap'n?" he asked. Kail sat quietly for a moment, clearly lost in thought. "I think...we're just gonna have to out maneuver him. Find a way to get in close to the ship. Odd thing is though, the scanner says it's contained within a secret hanger inside a massive asteroid. I think there's more to this than we were told" Kail said. "Ah! I got it. Ok, you two, go suit up for space. I'm gonna fly us as close to the asteroid as possible and you two will jump out of the ship. I'll do it on the opposite side he's on, so they won't even know. Then I'll hold him off while you two figure a way of getting the ship out of there" He said suddenly. Grig stared at him incredulously while Kira on the other hand practically cheered the idea on. "YEAH! That's awesome! That's our captain! Always thinking on his feet!" she shouted as she leapt up and ran off to the back to prepare. "Cap'n...are you serious?" Grig asked him. Kail looked to him and winked. "It'll work, trust me" he answered.

Grig and Kira waited in the airlock, fully suited for their, what Grig called, suicide mission. Kail got on the com that linked to their helmets. "Can you guys hear me?" he asked. They both responded with a "Aye Cap'n." "Alright good, here we go. Gotta be quick, he's not gonna give me much time" he said to them. Kail blasted the ship towards the secret hanger, weaving in and out of asteroids to avoid an easy lock-on for his opponent. Sure enough as soon as he was in range, missled and other projectile weapons flew at him. He smiled to himself as he dodged and evaded every weapon. That is until the collision of a missle into an asteroid caused large chunks of rock to slam into the hull of his ship. The momentary halt in evasive maneuvers was all the destroyer needed to pelt the ship with large caliber shells. The resulting explosion tore up the ships hull. "Uh, this isn't good" he said as he started to lose control. Thinking quickly, he unstrapped himself and ran to the back of the ship, donning a space suit himself and moving into the airlock. Grig and Kira looked at him curiously. "No questions, just jump!" he shouted, hitting the panel that sucked out the pressure and opened the airlock. Kail and the others shoved off the wall out into space, just as the ship collided with the very asteroid that housed the secret hanger. The explosive force propelled them away from their target, but through skillful use of boosters they righted themselves and slowly made it to the surface. They touched down and the magnets on their boots latched them to the surface just hard enough to keep them there, but with enough give to allow them to walk. Grig sighed. "Not quite accordin' to plan" he said. Kira grinned, enjoying the excitement. The two heard a sniffling sound. "Um...Cap'n. Are you cryin'" Grig asked. Kail turned away from them so they couldn't see through his face mask. "Nah. Just a stuffy nose. Bastard killed mah ship! For that he'll pay!" he responded, masking the quiver in his voice. Kira and Grig looked at each other, almost laughing out loud.

The group landed on the rocky, rough surface of the asteroid, which wasn't very big despite holding a ship within. Neither Grig or Kira brought up Kail's destroyed ship. He seemed to have taken it pretty hard. Eventually they found a large, metal door that led inside. The panel however was locked out. Kail had a feeling this would be the case though. He opened another panel just below that one that contained many wires. He searched around and found the one he was looking for. He yanked the wire out, disabling the lock. "Well that was easy" he said as he pushed the button again and the door slid open slowly. The three stepped in through the door and it slid closed behind them. They could feel the area pressurizing itself and another door in front of them slid open. They stepped through and let it close behind them as well before removing their helmets and space suits. The air in the long corridor felt cold and tasted stale. "This place has been left alone for quite a long time. I wonder why everyone just left." Kail said. His voice carried down the empty hall for a long ways. Kira shivered slightly, though not from the cold. "I dunno but it's creepy" she said. Grig paused for a moment and pulled his suit back on. "Dun like the cold" he answered the unasked question. The three started down the long corridor. They checked doors as they walked, most being empty storage rooms or sleeping quarters with beds built into the walls. A sound caused them all to stop dead to hear better. A dripping sound echoed off the walls to reach their ears. "Well, guess the plumming works" Kail broke the silence. They decided to track the sound, which was difficult and yet easy at the same time. Difficult because of the echo, but easy because of there being only one hall. The sound grew progressively louder and the trio entered through a door. Kail froze, Grig drew a deep breath. And Kira screamed.

To Be Continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story