Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > If Only

What We Fear

by IWCT 0 reviews

Kankuro is afraid of monsters.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Yondaime - Published: 2008-08-20 - Updated: 2008-08-20 - 610 words

0Unrated
Drabbleness for the masses. Just a collection of what a ninja fears. I don't own any of these people, but I do now own their fears. Not really. Anyway, the characters all belong to Kishimoto.

~ ~ ~

Naruto is afraid of losing his friends. He always has been, even before he had friends to lose, and now that he has lost one, that makes him more afraid than ever.

Sakura is afraid of failing her friends. She gained this fear when other girls laughed at her ugly forehead. Ino-chan may have supported her, but Sakura knows that out of her best friends, she’s the weakest, and most likely to fail.

Sasuke is afraid of many things, but he’ll never admit it.

Jiraiya is afraid of the righteous wrath of women. Having Tsunade as a teammate will galvanize this fear in any professional pervert.

Tsunade is afraid of blood. But she faces that fear in the surgery, because she will not see any more blood if she can help it.

Orochimaru is afraid of aging. He has been since he realized that the only thing that could cut short his quest for knowledge and truth is the ravages of time, which eventually lead to death.

Kakashi is afraid of what has already happened, and he is afraid of history’s cyclic nature. He doesn’t understand that while his attitude was once reminiscent of Sasuke, it is Naruto who knows the same fear.

Asuma was rare, and not afraid of anything but the deaths of the innocent.

Kurenai was afraid of fighting, a long time ago. Now she merely dislikes it.

Gai is afraid of the kind of mind that would create something like Gaara no Subaku.

Lee is afraid of sand. He tries to remain friends with the Kazekage, nonetheless.

Neji is afraid of not living up to his full potential. Because he knows he is a genius, and he can never be less than that.

Tenten is afraid of becoming like Sakura or Ino. She hopes that people will understand that she is a competent fighter, if not a genius.

Ino is afraid of quite a lot, her weight, her beauty, time, not being the leader, not being first, not being useful. She has not told anyone, but her best friends know.

Chouji is afraid of not being there when the call comes and people need him. Ino has promised, however, to drag him after her.

Shikamaru is afraid of his own mind, with its steel trap logic, and ability to sacrifice. He wonders each time how many mis-calculations he will make before he is retired. He’s already made too many.

Shino is afraid of being ignored like a bug. He also revels in it.

Kiba is afraid that one of his missions is going to require that he train a new partner once it is over.

Hinata is afraid of nothing that she cannot overcome when she needs to. Except for talking to Naruto, but she’s working on that one.

Gaara is afraid of social situations. Shukaku’s advice was always to get drunk. Gaara has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life.

Temari is afraid that one day she’ll see the resemblance to her mother that everyone keeps talking about in her mirror.

Kankuro is afraid of monsters. He used to think it was just Gaara, but now he knows it was always his father.

The Sandaime was afraid of his own guilt, and his own pride.

The Yondaime was afraid that the world could never be a better place. Of course, he was glad, because Konoha has always proved him wrong.
Sign up to rate and review this story