Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

The Protection of Love

by anicka 2 reviews

Riza is in a cementary staring at the grave of Colonel Roy Mustang.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Cain Fury, Heymans Breda, Jean Havoc, Riza Hawkeye, Other - Published: 2006-03-05 - Updated: 2006-03-06 - 660 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Full Metal Alchemist.


"You idiot! Why did you step in front of me, Colonel? I could have protected you, but instead you protected me. Why? I was ready to give my life up for yours. You hadn't accomplished your goals yet, but you stepped in front of me anyway. Why? Why? WHY?" Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye kneeled down, in a graveyard, in front of a gravestone. She began to cry. She couldn't stop the tears. They just kept coming down her face.

Havoc, Breda, Fury and Farman all stood at the car waiting for Riza. She had requested to come here to see Colonel Roy Mustang. She told them to wait there, and that she wouldn't be too long. They waited for a good thirty minutes. Then they heard someone crying.

"Is the Lieutenant crying," Havoc asked.

"I think so," Fury replied.

"I don't care about what she said. She needs us with her right now. She probably feels so guilty about it, and it wasn't even her fault." Havoc took the unlit cigarette out of his mouth and put it in his jacket pocket.

They were all out of the military uniforms, including Riza. She wore a white shirt with blue jeans. She had a black jacket on. When the guys saw her, they were stunned because she had her hair down. 'Roy always liked it this way'

Havoc, Breda, Fury and Farman started to walk toward Riza.

"I'm sorry, sir. I couldn't do anything. I wanted to-- I don't know what I wanted. Roy, you're so stupid!" Riza yelled loud enough for the guys to hear even though they were a few meters away.

The guys looked at each other and shrugged. They had never heard her call him Roy before. They continued their way to Riza.

Riza looked up and saw them coming towards her. "I thought I told you to stay back there."

"Sorry, Lieutenant, but we couldn't. You can't go through this alone." Havoc kneeled down next to her and embraced her.

Riza was shocked and she gasped, but she allowed him to do it. She rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be like this, but I can't help it."

Havoc raised up and looked at her. "You don't have to be strong and brave all the time. You can cry. There is nothing wrong with crying, especially when you've lost someone that you love."

Riza looked down and then to the stone. "I never told him before. I was too scared."

Havoc turned her face to him. "You know what he told me one day? He told me the same thing. He loved you, but he was too scared to you."

"Roy said that?"

"Yes. He cared about you. That's why he stepped in front of you even though he knew it would take his life. It was either him or you. He wanted to protect you."

"But that was my job. I was supposed to protect him!"

Breda spoke up. "Friends protect each other no matter what."

"That's right," Farman said.

"That's why we're going to stand here with you," Fury said.

Riza looked up at all of them. "Thanks you guys."

Havoc looked back at Riza. "That's what he wanted. If anything happened to him, we were to look out for you and protect you. We were glad to accept that order because we don't want anything to happen to you. You're a great person, Riza, and Roy knew it."

Riza smiled then stood up. "I guess we should be getting back. It's getting late, and there is still a lot to be done." She started to walk to the car.

The guys smiled at each other then followed behind her.

On the way back to Central Headquarters, Riza thought about what Havoc had said about Roy. 'He loved me--'


Author's Note: Hope you all liked it. Now, guess what? It's time to review!
Sign up to rate and review this story