Categories > Celebrities > Backstreet Boys > One In A Million

Another Offer of Marriage

by Litta 0 reviews

Brian proposes to Michelle.

Category: Backstreet Boys - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-09-08 - Updated: 2009-01-06 - 1429 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next time the group and women met, everyone congratulated Kevin and Julie on their engagement. All gave the couple encouraging words, some advice, and a never-ending supply of hugs. Two weeks after Kevin proposed, Julie answered the phone to hear Brian on the other end. The conversation surprised her.

“Hi Julie,” he started the conversation with. “Is Michelle home right now?”

“No, she’s out grocery shopping.”

“Will she be gone long?”

“Probably for an hour with the way she shops.”

“Can I come over for a few minutes?”

“Sure. Why?”

“I’ll tell you when I get there.” Brian hung up. Julie set the phone down, confused. She couldn’t imagine why Brian wanted to come over when Michelle was out. Surely he didn’t need to talk to her. She shrugged her shoulders and read a book until he arrived.

“Brian, why are you here, and why did you check if Michelle was here?”

“Sorry about the phone call, but I had to make sure Michelle wouldn’t show up while I was here.” He sat down on the couch, and Julie sat next to him, waiting for him to explain himself. “I want to ask Michelle to marry me, and I need to get her ring size.” Julie squealed and gave him a hug.

“Hold on, I’ll go get you a ring.”

“Do you think she’ll notice if one’s missing?” he called after her as she disappeared into the bedroom.

“No,” she yelled back. Brian could hear things being shuffled through as Julie looked for a ring. “She rarely wears any jewelry, except earrings, so I’m pretty sure she won’t notice.” She returned from the room with a ring between her fingers. “Just return it once you’re done with it. You can give it back to me at work when Michelle’s not looking.”

“Sounds good. Thanks a bunch for helping me out.”

“No problem.”

“Do you mind if I ask why you’re wearing an old pair of overalls covered with paint stains?” he asked with a smile.

“Of course not. I’m just about to start painting a new picture, one I promised to paint for Kevin.” She went on to describe the painting she told Kevin about the night he proposed to her.

“It sounds cool. You’ll have to show it to me when you’re done. But I think I should get going now in case Michelle returns early. Thanks again for your help.” Brian left and Julie returned to her painting.

Brian called Michelle a few days later and asked her out on a date. He told her they were going to a nice restaurant for dinner and then would watch the sunset on the beach. She picked out a dark blue strapless dress that ended at her knees, and a pair of black heels. When they arrived at the restaurant, she noticed Brian seemed a little distracted, but didn’t think much of it considering his normal antsy behavior.

“So how’s work?” Michelle asked with a playful smile

“Actually, there’s this fashion designer, and she’s really started to get on my nerves,” Brian said, playing along. “She’s so bossy, always telling everyone what to do, and she has the worst fashion taste ever.” Michelle gasped, acting offended. She kicked Brian lightly under the table.

“I happen to have excellent fashion taste, thank you very much. But seriously, do you enjoy what you do?”

“I do. Music has always been important to me, and it’s amazing for me, getting to do what I love for my job. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. What about you, though? Are you happy being our fashion designer?”

“Yes, I am. I enjoy being a fashion designer; everything about it appeals to me. Getting to do my job for the group also keeps me close to you, which is an added bonus.”

The rest of dinner passed by swiftly with constant conversation. Both enjoyed the meal, and afterwards they drove to the next stop on their date. When they got to the beach, she took off her heels and walked along the shore with Brian, letting the water cool her feet.

“Don’t you love the water, and the way it sucks the heat from the sand so you can stand to walk on it?”

“It’s nice. Michelle, there’s something I need to tell you.” They stopped walking, and Brian came around in front of her so he could look her in the eye. “I love you. I have for some time now, and,” he bent down on one knee and brought a small, black box out between them, “I want you to be my wife, now and for eternity. Will you marry me?”

Michelle’s heart raced, surprised by Brian’s seemingly sudden action. She had thought about marriage several times, but wasn’t sure if Brian felt the same way. Now she knew he did, and answered his question immediately.

“Yes!” Brian slipped the ring on her finger, a simple white gold band with three princess-cut diamonds, and then twirled her around, hugging her tightly, never wanting to let her go. When he did, they both leaned in and shared a kiss which let each know how deeply they loved each other. Several minutes later Michelle brought up the topic on her mind.

“Have you thought about a wedding yet?”

“I have, but I wasn’t sure what kind you’d want, so I just figured I wait and talk about it with you. What kind of wedding do you picture?”

“Hmm . . . I picture a private wedding, of course. I don’t want it small, since I want to invite my old friends from design school, but I don’t want it overly large. So I guess I want a medium size wedding, if that makes sense. Definitely in a church. Maybe we could get our pastor to marry us.”

“I already talked with him and he agreed to marry us. I told him I’d let him know after I asked you.”

“Okay, that’s settles it then. What about a reception?”

“I thought about having it at the church, but our church is too small. I was thinking maybe we could rent out a restaurant, and since they’d of course cater the food, we’d kill two birds with one stone.”

“Good, now all we have to do is agree on a restaurant.” Both laughed, knowing it could take them weeks to agree on a single restaurant, especially for something so important.

“And what about family?” Brian asked. “When do I get to meet your parents?” The question caught Michelle off guard.

“Oh, well, you can meet them anytime I suppose. I can give them a call and set up a time if you like. They only live an hour away.”

“That makes it easier. I really want to meet them before we get married.” Michelle nodded, making a mental note to call her parents later that week.

“That means I get to meet your family too.”

“I already made plans, actually.” Michelle stopped walked, surprised at how far ahead Brian had thought. “Don’t worry, it’ll be another month before you meet them. And I know they’ll love you.” Michelle thanked him, and they continued walking along the beach.

Brian eventually dropped Michelle off at her apartment, and Julie sat on the couch waiting for her. Just like when Julie came home after Kevin’s proposal, she sat Michelle down and made her talk about the whole night, sparing no details. Michelle also learned how Brian learned her ring size and laughed along with Julie at the similarity in their marriage proposals.

When they went to bed that night, neither could stop thinking about their futures and how they were about to change. Their relationships would grow deeper as they learned even more about their fiancés. They would have to move into different houses. Both hated the idea of living apart, but knew that marrying Backstreet Boys wouldn’t allow them to stay apart for long. Besides still working together, they would both meet their fiancés’ families, and since their fiancés were cousin, no doubt they’d be making that trip together. As they each finally drifted off to sleep, both women looked forward to the new chapter of their lives opening up before them.


------------------------

Michelle's wedding ring: http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2817715&kpc=1
Sign up to rate and review this story