Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Bucket List

Dare to Dream

by Dondon1827 2 reviews

Little later on. The end. Maybe ;D

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-21 - Updated: 2008-09-21 - 1171 words

2Moving
"We want you all to have a great time tonight, and remember why we are doing this!" Gerard screamed down the microphone. The crowd went wild as the opening notes of 'Im not Okay' came on, everyone was singing and jumping in time with the rest of the band.

This wasn't just a normal MCR concert they were doing, this was something personal and it started the day Mikey read his letter from Kari.



Flashback
"Mikey do you know how much planning that would take?" said Gerard

"Yeah, and just imagine how much good it would do as well" he replied

"Gerard he does have a point, and our fans would support us all the way, you know that" Frank added

Gerard sighed, "Fine, we will talk with Brian"


"...Im not okaaaay!" Gerard sang the last lyrics of the song, caught his breath and adressed the crowd.

"Everyone having a great time?"

The crowed cheered and roared, waving there arms in the air.

"I will take that as a yes" he smiled.

"Now you all know why we are here today, to raise as much money as we fucking possibly can isn't that right?!" he shouted down the microphone.

Once again the crowd cheered, with the occasional 'I love you Frankie'

"So while we are playing, I want you guys to have a look round and donate as much as you can, it all goes to an amazing cause" he said as the opening lyrics of Helena filled the air.


Flashback
"So you don't want us to keep any of the money?" Brian said to Gerard who had called a band meeting

"Not a penny" they told him

"Call me crazy, but lets do it" he said, much to the band's excitment

"Fuck yeah!" said Frank who was the most excited of them all

They all got up to head to the back of the bus, but Mikey went in the opposite direction

"Hey Mikey you not coming?"

He shook his head, "I'll be back later" he said.


"That was a fucking awesome opening" said Mikey as he handed his guitar to the nearby tech.

"It definetley was, Im so proud of you Mikes, this is all because of you"

Mikey shook his head smiling, "You know who is the cause of all this" he said, feeling a little bit sad.

Gerard ruffled his brothers hair, "Come on Mikes, its time for the speech"

They headed back out onto the stage.


Flashback
"So thats my idea, you like it?"

Mikey sat in the silence, knowing he wasn't getting an answer

He sighed and leaned back against the hard stone behind him, picking at the petals of the fresh flowers he had brought with him

"I brought these for you, hope you like them" he said, laying the flowers down beside him

"Well I gotta go now, the guys will be wondering where I am. I promise I will be back to visit you soon"

He stood up and dusted himself down before taking one last look at the grave, "Love you Kari" he said before heading back to the bus.



"Hey guys, were going to play some more songs after we have given our opening speech" said Gerard as he walked onto the stage with the rest of the band

"But Im not going to be doing the talking for once, so I will hand you over to Frank"

The crowd went wild, screaming and clapping. Once it had died down Frank spoke into the microphone.

"Hey everyone, I would just like to thank you all for coming today, we could never have done any of this without your guy's love and support. As you all know this is the opening ceremony for the charity and most of you have been asking why we started it all, and the reason we have started it is because of a girl we met a while back called Kari."

Frank placed the microphone in it's stand as he started to tell the first part of the story

"I bumped into her, literally, before one of our shows and we got talking and I noticed she had been going through what looked like chemotherapy, She told me that she had cancer and I, as most of you would, apologised to her, one because she had the horrible disease and two for seeming nosy. But she suprised me when she just laughed and told me it wasn't my fault and that I hadnt personally given her cancer. Her upbeat attitude and happiness made me think about her for the rest of the day and while on stage I dedicated a song to her. Turned out she also had a backstage pass, so the rest of the guys got to meet this wonderful girl."

The crowd were almost silent, all staring up listening to the story Frank was telling them.

"So we became quite good friends with Kari and sadly she was admitted back into hospital after suffering from some pains in her stomach. One day we went into visit her and she looked very weak and unwell, we all thought it was just the illness and none of us thought too much of it, not even when she kissed us all and thanked us for being such great friends, we didnt realise it was her way of saying goodbye. The next day we returned to the hospital, but unfortunatley it was too late. She was already gone."

Frank was feeling the familiar sadness wash over him, the same sadness he felt when Kari had gone and when he read the letter. He passed the microphone to Mikey who carried on.

"When the nurses stripped her bed, they found an envelope under her pillow. They assumed it was for us as it had some lyrics from our song Cancer on it. Inside was a letter for each of us, a letter Kari had written the day before she died. There was also a list that we later figured out was something she liked to call her 'Bucket List' it was a list of things she wanted to acheive in her life before she died, unfortunatley she didn't get to complete them all. And this is what the charity is all about, giving sick children the chance to live there dreams before it is too late. I was inspired with this idea when Kari wrote in her letter to me 'Never give up on your dreams like I did' so I dont want any of you to give up on your dream. Lets have an amazing day and raise as much money as we can. Long live the Dare to Dream Foundation!"

The crowd roared as loud as they could and they jumped up and down as the band re appeared on the stage again moments later, ready to play.

"I hope your proud of me" Mikey whispered as he looked too the sky and held onto the letter in his pocket "I will never forget you Kari."
Sign up to rate and review this story