Categories > Original > Romance > A Friendly Love

Chapter 6

by doyleangel 0 reviews

Ashley and Megan talk

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-09-22 - Updated: 2008-09-22 - 631 words

0Unrated
The next day was hectic. Everyone was running around trying to get ready for the concert. Ashley was trying to decide on a shirt for Zac to wear, and finally decided on a red button up. After she got the shirt to Zac, she went down to the lounge and grabbed two bottles of water. She made her way up to the guys, who were going on stage in 20 minutes. She could hear the crowd screaming for the opening act.
“Hey guys, here’s your water.” She handed one to Ike and one to Zac. She turned to leave when Taylor grabbed her arm.
“Where’s my water?” he asked.
“Oh, I thought you already had yours. There were only two sitting on the counter instead of three, and when I came up here I saw Ike and Zac first. They didn’t have any water, so I just thought you did.” She took a breath. “Doesn’t matter. I’ll go get another one from the fridge for you, and I’ll be right back.”
She turned and practically ran back to the lounge. She went over to the fridge, pulled out a bottle of water, and was about to close the fridge when she heard the loud door click shut. She looked over her shoulder to see Megan standing there. Ashley sighed and closed the fridge door, and turned around to face Megan.
“Ashley, you and me need to have a conversation.”
“Megan, it’ll have to wait because…”
“No, I don’t think so. Right now. So, here’s the deal,” Megan said, and went to sit on the couch. As soon as Megan sat down, Ashley walked over to the door, and had opened it half an inch when Megan said, “Keep your hands off Taylor.”
Ashley stopped in the middle of opening the door and spun to face Megan. “Excuse me?”
“You heard me. Keep your hands off Taylor. Well, for now anyway.”
Ashley couldn’t believe she was hearing this. “You’re kidding right?”
Megan crossed one arm over her chest and examined her nails on her other hand. “No, I’m completely serious. You’re a major distraction to him, and he needs to be focused on me right now, or at least until I get my record contract.”
“Your record contract? What record contract?”
“The one I’m gonna get once Taylor or one of the guys hear me sing. I mean, honestly, why do you think I started dating Taylor, let alone agreed to go on this awful tour with him? It’s all part of my plan. After that, he’s all yours.”
Ashley walked over to where Megan was sitting, and glared down at her. “I can’t believe you would do this to him. You should feel privileged that he wanted to be with you. I knew there was a reason I didn’t like you. You do realize that Tay is gonna kick you off this tour as soon as I tell him what your plan is, don’t you?”
Megan smiled coyly. “See, that’s where you’re wrong. Taylor is so into me, that he would believe almost anything I say.”
“Megan, Tay and I have been friends for 11 years. He’s gonna believe me over you.”
“Oh please,” Megan gave a little laugh. “Who do you think Taylor will believe? His girlfriend who adores him so much or his best friend who is jealous of all the time that he and I spend together? All I have to do is bat my eyes, pout, maybe produce some tears, and Taylor will believe me over you.”
“Wanna bet?”
Ashley and Megan turned toward the door where the voice had come from, and saw Taylor standing there.
Sign up to rate and review this story