Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Missing

by Cerium 0 reviews

It’s long past time that I left. Nothingness is eating away at my soul—what little is left—slowly consuming it. --AkuRoku songfic, "Missing" by Evanescence Reviews, please?

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Roxas - Published: 2008-09-24 - Updated: 2009-01-17 - 687 words - Complete

0Unrated

"Missing"



Please, please forgive me,

But I won't be home again.

Maybe someday you'll look up,

And barely conscious you'll say to no one,

"Isn't something missing?"



It's long past time that I left. Nothingness is eating away at my soul-what little is left-slowly consuming it. I know you won't miss me, not really. All Iever was to you was an escape, an illusion to cover up the lack of feeling. You won't notice I'm gone. You never do.



You won't cry for my absence I know,

You forgot me long ago.

Am I that unimportant?

Am I so insignifigant?

Isn't something missing?

Isn't someone missing me?



How can you say you love me? How can I let it mean so much when we barely notice how we've distanced ourselves? You don't care. You never did. So I'll leave tonight, and there's nothing you could say to keep me back. I've been drawn to 'that light', my other half, the remainder or my soul. So tantalizingly close, despite the distance that held me here.



Even though I'm the sacrifice

You won't try for me, not now.

Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone.

Isn't someone missing me?



How could I have known what I was? How could I have known that I was going to have to leave? I know that this torturous life isn't right for me. None of us. And yet you're bound here with chains. And anyway, I can't break your heart. It simply isn't possible. Perhaps... I'm just trying to get past my guilt, so I'm able to get out of here and leave, once and for all. Still- I want someone to miss me. We have been through some things together, us Nobodies. But, it isn't possible, is it? Just another silly dream so easily broken and shattered with a few choice words. Can you care? No. None of us can. Not us shadows.



Please, please forgive me,

But I know I won't be home again.

I know what you do to yourself.

I breathe deep and cry out,

"Isn't something missing?

Isn't someone missing me?"



I can hear thunder rumbling, echoing down these lonesome broken streets. My footsteps are echoing, the only sound audible over the rain. I know for a fact that you force yourself to believe the illusions you cast on yourself, illusions of hope and feelings, illusions of finding our hearts someday. But we all know we won't. Suddenly the downpour changes to a light drizzle, barely discernable as more than mist. Now my footsteps aren't the only ones echoing. So, you came after all?



Even though I'm the sacrifice,

You won't try for me, not now.

Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone.

Isn't someone missing me?



I turn and find you staring-your emerald eyes betraying how lost you think you are. You stand out in these dark streets, a flame in the shadows. Eyes as green and sinful as envy, hair crimson red. Why are you so broken? I know, but please, don't tell me. Don't talk; I won't be able to leave knowing how hurt you'll be.



And if I bleed, I'll bleed

Knowing you don't care.

And if I sleep just to dream of you

I'll wake without you there.

Isn't something missing?



We talk idly, you know you can't hold me back. I'll leave, I'll do it. You know I have to. I'll make believe it doesn't matter, that I'm not leaving you in this sorry state. I'll make myself think it doesn't matter, that nothing does anymore.

"No one will miss me," I say with icy blue eyes looking coldly back at you.

"That's not true," you whisper, defeated, "I will."

How I wish I could go back to you, hold you, say I'm sorry, and never leave you. But you know no matter how much I love you, I'll still have to leave you behind, Axel.





Even though I'm the sacrifice,



You won't try for me, not now.



Though I'd die to know you love me,



I'm all alone.



Isn't someone missing me?
Sign up to rate and review this story