Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Time of Happiness

Chapter Two

by Immortal_Aussie 0 reviews

Expecting this summer to be the worst of his life and possibly his last, Harry receives the ultimate surprise and chance of a life time

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Parody - Characters: Harry,Tom Riddle - Warnings: [!] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-16 - 2675 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two


Harry landed with a thump on the ground in the same place where he had left. His first thought was, did it work? 'Is charmed to take you to a place or time where you will be happiest' echoed in his head, that was when he realized that he had most likely ended up in a different time, he just had to figure out when that was. He guessed that he was close to The Leaky Cauldron and decided that would be the best place to head after he had thrown on glamour just in case his appearance hadn't changed. He couldn't risk being recognized in case there might be people who could recognize him.


He walked the couple of blocks to the Leaky Cauldron and saw that whatever time this was, the Leaky Cauldron hadn't changed all that much. There were a couple of small changes and there weren't really any familiar figures, the most obvious being Tom who looked quite a bit younger. That gave him a feeling he was more than a few years in the past.


"Hello, may I have a room for awhile please? I have just moved here and am looking for someplace to stay for a bit. May I also have a meal please?" Harry asked Tom while leaning against the bar


"Certainly, may I ask your name so I can record it in my book? You can have room fifteen where I'll bring your meal up to you."


Nodding in agreement, Harry said, "Maxwell Jones and thank you for that. Can I also have a copy of the latest paper? I would like to see what is happening in England considering I've just moved here."


"Of course, I'll bring it up with your meal," Tom told him.


Heading up to his room, Harry began to ponder what he was going to do here. He knew he had to complete his education but he was seriously hopping that Dumbledore wouldn't be around at Hogwarts but he couldn't be sure, he had to have been there as a teacher for quite some time now. He also needed to set up an account at Gringotts so he could be able to actually make a life here, he did have no idea how long he would be in this time after all.


Harry collapsed onto his bed and continued to plan about what he should do. He seriously hoped he hadn't traveled too far back in time as he didn't want to completely re-learn everything. He then banged his head upon the back of his bed- of course he couldn't have traveled that far, Tom only looked a few decades younger. That relieved Harry quite a bit.


Harry opened the door as someone knocked on it and saw Tom standing there with his meal and a copy of the newspaper that he had asked him for. "Here you go Mr. Jones, I hope you enjoy your stay here." Tom informed him while placing the tray down onto a table at the side of the room.


"I will, thank you for that," Harry said before seeing Tom out the door.


Once Tom was out the door Harry picked up the paper and swore. He was a bit further into the past than he had previously had thought. He would have guessed he was in the 60's or 70's but in fact it was June 23rd 1942 and during the war with Grindelwald. He was more than fifty years into the past! That would mean Professor Dippet was the Headmaster at Hogwarts and Dumbledore was still the Transfiguration teacher. Harry quickly ate his food and placed it outside the door for either Tom or the housekeeper to collect when they came passed. He then got ready for bed before making plans to head into Diagon Alley tomorrow as well as owl the headmaster to see if he could get a position at Hogwarts for the coming year.


*************


In the morning Harry made his way down to the pub of The Leaky Cauldron to have breakfast before heading out to Diagon Alley and Gringotts. Ordering an English breakfast, he sat down with the latest copy of the Daily Prophet as well as a few back copies trying to catch up on the news of the British Wizarding World. He realized that a lot of the Wizarding people, if not all of them, didn't connect their war with the one that was going on in the muggle world at the same time, even if they were aware of the muggle war.


Once he had finished up with his meal and the papers, he headed out into Diagon Alley and Gringotts to take care of his business. Walking up the teller he said, "I would like to see if I could set up an account here as I have just moved here from America."


"Come with me," the Goblin took him down a corridor to a door that said something in the language of Goblins which Harry assumed was something along the lines of 'new customers', except he was wrong. It turned out it was an account manager who currently had one more account that he could look after. The second line on the door was the goblins name- Grolk. He had to laugh at that coincidence.


"Name," the other goblin barked out.


"Maxwell Jones, I would like to open an account with you please."


"Fill out the forms and the account will be yours," his new goblin informed him.


Picking up the quill Harry filled in


Name: Maxwell Jones
Age: 16
Galleons: 923
Knuts: 234
Sickles: 532


Harry then handed over his money bag which was full of the money and gave them to Grolk who sent it down to a vault. Once that was done a vault key appeared on the desk in front of him.


"There you go, you now own vault 2321. I hope you enjoy your business with us," Grolk said, which was perhaps the nicest thing he had ever heard a Goblin say to someone.


With that out of the way Harry decided he might as well and go and get the majority of his shopping over and done with. Wondering around the alleyway he bought a new seven compartment trunk, much like the one that Moody had in his fourth year but instead of just compartments it also contained a library and a few other specialized compartments. Harry along with it, he bought a whole new wardrobe of muggle and wizarding gear, he bought numerous books on Defense Against The Dark arts, Charms, Transfiguration, Wizarding and Muggle History, Occlumency, Legilimens as well as some legal books on the Dark arts. After he had finished buying all the day to day things he would need he decided he might as well get a new wand as he couldn't risk Ollivander recognizing it if he ever came across it as well as a new pet.


Walking along Diagon Alley he made his way to the pet shop that he saw on his first trip to Diagon Alley all those years ago- for him at least anyway. Slipping in he walked up to the counter and asked the young man, who Harry had to admit was quite handsome, if they had any snakes.


"Snakes? Of course, we have some just for you," the young man said with a sly grin upon his face.


Harry followed him down to a side alcove where there were cages after cages of snakes, some hissing, some sleeping and some just lying there. Harry was just about to open his mouth to ask the man something when he spoke answering Harry's unanswered question.


"The poisonous and dangerous snakes are down the very back. I have a feeling those might interest you the most." Harry smirked at that. That was exactly what he had thought about getting.


Together they wandered around looking at snakes, while the owner, who introduced himself as Daniel, told him about each of the different types of snakes and the facts about them. They finally found one that seemed perfect to Harry. It was a long adder of brown and yellow patches of colour down his back. According to Daniel it was the most poisonous, non-magical snake that was found in the UK.


"I'll get it," Harry said turning to Daniel who picked the snake's container to the counter.


"That will be 30 galleons for the snake, tank included. I also suggest that you get a box of rats for him to be fed. So in total it would be 30 galleons and 20 sickles."


Harry handed over the money, glad with his purchase and was turning to go when Daniel said, "What's your name?"


"Maxwell Jones," Harry said automatically surprising himself as he didn't even have to think about it.


Daniel came out from behind the counter and walked up to Harry until they were nearly touching, "Well then Max, why don't you come back after closing at about eight and I'll show you a fun time."


Harry was tempted to turn down the offer, for he knew exactly what Daniel meant by a fun time but then he thought 'why the hell not, I'm supposed to live and enjoy myself while I'm here.' "Sure, I'll stop by," Harry said with a smirk instead of his usual smile.


Harry then made his way down Knockturn alley with the thought that it might be easier to come across a wand maker that wasn't controlled as much by the ministry as Ollivander's was. Making sure his hood was still up he wandered down the darkness of the alley. About half way down the alley he found what he was looking for. A wand shop that was definitely less than reputable.


He pushed the door open and stepped inside, a bell ringing to alert anyone who was out the back that they had a new customer. Harry glanced around as he made his way to the counter. There was an old armchair in one corner which he could barely see as it blended in so well with the shadows. Along the walls, as far he could see, he guessed they went all the way to the back of the shelf.


As he reached the counter a man stepped out from the back room. Harry thought they looked like a relative of Goyle or Crabbe but he wouldn't put his money on it- he was way too thin!


"I would like a wand please," Harry said glaring at them.


The owner glared back at him and finally nodded his approval when he saw something in him, though Harry wasn't sure what it was. "Very well then, I'll make you a custom wand if you will step over here." Harry followed him over to a work bench where there were rows upon rows of woods. Seeing his look the older man shook his head "Those aren't for you mister. Now I want you to think about what makes you, you. Are you brave or cunning? Do you like flying or darkness? Anything that defines you."


As Harry did so a piece of wood flew off the shelf followed by a jar of something looking like string. "Well that is an unusual combination you have there. Your wood is Yew which is known for their long lives but also for death and resurrection with a core of unicorn tail hair which is usually associated with innocence. It will cost you ten galleons, but if you leave me five now I'll have it done by the end of the day and you can come back and collect it."


Tilting his head to the side Harry said, "Ten now and five later if you get in done in three hours," Harry knew he was taking a risk but he thought it was worth it.


"Deal," the man said and with that Harry made his way out of the shop and back to Diagon Alley before heading to the post office. He had a position at Hogwarts to still secure.


Walking into the post office he found a parchment and quill and started to write.


Professor Dippet,


My name is Maxwell Jones and I've just moved here from the United States as my parents were killed in a car crash and it was their wish that I come here and try to attend Hogwarts as I have previously been home schooled. So I am wondering if I can secure a position at Hogwarts for the coming year. I believe I'm at the beginning of sixth year in skill but I will leave the final decision up to you of course.


You'll have to contact me at the Leaky Cauldron until I find a more permanent place to stay while I'm here.


Sincerely,
Maxwell Jones.


After that was written he payed three knuts and had it sent by a common barn owl up to Hogwarts, well that was where he assumed Professor Dippet would be. He headed back to The Leaky Cauldron where he bought a lunch consisting of a chicken salad and a butter beer after dumping his things back in his room. An hour later he headed back to the wand shop and payed the remainder of the cost before collecting it.


He spent the rest of the afternoon in his room, reading his new books and catching up on what was happening in the wizarding world of Britain. He was so engrossed with his reading that he nearly didn't hear his alarm going off to alert him that the pet shop was closing.


When he arrived at the pet shop, Daniel lead him upstairs to his flat which had a feeling of a small cosy home. Harry immediately felt comfortable in it which pleased him greatly. Daniel pushed him against the wall and quickly claimed his mouth in a searing kiss. Spreading his legs, Harry let Daniel stand between them, their erections rubbing together. They slowly rocked up against each other as their need for release became great and greater. Quickly, their gasping and moaning began to increase in volume. Daniel released Harry's mouth and latched onto his neck, sucking it as he undid the zipper on his jeans and freed his cock. Harry was so hard now that it hurt. A few more strokes and Harry was coming the hardest he'd ever had.


"Enjoy?" Daniel asked him grinning once he had collected himself at which Harry grinned at him. "Good 'cause that's only a appetizer of what's just about to happen." Daniel then led him to his bedroom where he proceeded to kiss him again.


The next morning Harry woke to find himself in bed with another person. When he remembered what had happened the night before he grinned. It had been a lot of fun and the two of them feel asleep in the early hours of the morning after a very energetic night. After breakfast Harry kissed Daniel goodbye, thanking him for the night and headed back to The Leaky Cauldron though not before promising to return if he ever felt the need for it and he had a feeling he would be returning.


A few days later Harry received a reply from Headmaster Dippet saying he would be tested to determine his level but he was welcome to come to Hogwarts and the Headmaster was sorry for his loss at such a young age. Another few days went until Harry took the tests and passed with flying colours. It was decided he'd start his sixth year as that was his average year across his subjects.


The rest of the holidays passed quick enough. He bought a few extra books and managed to read all of his school books a couple of times and managed to get a good grasp of the content in them. It was quite similar to what he assumed he would have learnt in his future. Soon enough September 1st arrived and Harry headed to Kings Cross to catch the train to Hogwarts without a care in the world.
Sign up to rate and review this story