Categories > Original > Romance

A Beautiful Unknown

by Ame_Ryu 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2008-10-16 - Updated: 2008-10-16 - 1395 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Chapter: 000
Genre: Mature
Rating: Romance, Suspense, Supernatural, and Sci-fi
Disclaimer: I do own the characters in this story. Don’t worry; it’s not a billion chapters long... Just this one. Although, it’s really long... Kinda. Lol I was really bored when I wrote it so, I kinda just went with it. So, as I say time and time again, Enjoy! :D


He told me midnight of Hollow’s Eve. When the moon is high above the cemetery gates and just perfect enough to sparkle in the nearby park’s lake, that’s when we were supposed to meet. I believed him like any other young, naive girl would any handsome male. But he was different than any man I had ever laid eyes upon.
He was taller than me, of course. His hair was shoulder length and was completely white—which I had always thought he had dyed. I loved it though. His eyes were a deep aqua with a grass green ring around the pupil and always melted my heart at every sight. Always wearing a beautiful smile every night I saw him but…there was something that pushed me away from him. It was as if he was hiding something from me. But what? What could he possibly hide from me?
Glancing around, I stared at the grass for a small moment. It had almost looked as if the grass sparkled like wet, black leather. My gaze soon lingered to the fountain in the middle of the lake that showered into the air like a man-made geyser. I had always loved that fountain, not only was it the most romantic spot in my small little town but, it was the place where I had met my lover.

Yet, I sighed…Where could he be? I pondered to myself, biting my lips continually. Tonight, he said he wanted to tell me something. Drake… you’re never late.

My handsome gothic King of the night. No woman could ever take him away from me. Some nights I slept the mornings away with him and at night? At night it would be anything that lured me into his arms.
Tonight we were to have a picnic beneath the blue moon’s rays within the eerie Halloween’s low fog. I had everything ready. Just for him. I could still hear the giggling from children who was late night trick-or-treating and snickers from older kids who had been bag-snatching. I was still bothered about my gothic boyfriend not showing up on time. Usually I was the late one.

I sighed again, closing my eyes and laying back into the ground fog until my raven black hair was almost engulfed within. Where could he be? I would ask myself again now sticking to that one question.

The fog soon started gave my inner thighs goosebumps as it crept up my legs and further up my black chained skirt. It had already covered my black high heels and my pale tan toes. Something was wrong. I could feel a strong disturbance. Though I was all alone in this quiet area closer to the cemetery’s fence, I could swear that some person was watching me from the shadows. The feeling stayed at the pit of my stomach just as the fog started to wrap around my body. I couldn’t breathe, nor could I move. Panicking, I kicked my legs high into the air then jumped to my feet. It felt as there were hands all over my already pale body.

What the hell was that feeling?

Now that I was on my feet, I check my cell phone. 1 A.M. Damn it…

“Young one,” a male’s voice called from the park’s playground, “It’s dangerous this time of night.” He paused for a moment as he walked closer to my small peculiar area. “A lot of things lurk around this cemetery at night, girl.”
I snorted, “Should I care? Matter of fact,"-I threw my hands on my hips-" just who are you to tell me where I can and can not be.” I was not in the mood.
“Because,” He smiled, snatching a handful of my hair in his hand as the wind blew, “there are things out here that can eat you.”
“You don’t scare me!” I hissed.
“So what? I’m only here to bring you to his wedding.”
“Wedding?” My heart skipped ten whole beats, “Whose wedding?”
“Why Drake’s of course! He would love for you to be there, Miss Roxxi… am I correct?”

I felt if my body was burning on the sun, itself. Is this what he wanted to tell me? Was this his sick way of asking for my sinister hand in marriage? Or was he marrying another woman? I felt sick and angry—well, pissed more like it. Angrily, I pushed the man away and darted for the grave yard’s entrance. I wanted to see this for myself.

I had completely forgotten about the high heels on my feet as I leaped over tombstone after tombstone. The chains on my skirt jingled behind me and the shirt that bared my shoulders slid even further. I felt inhuman for this moment, my legs almost moving at the speed of light. I had let this man use my trust, betray my love and for what? Sex? A bed to sleep in? Because of this incident my heart had shattered into billions of sharp, splintery pieces.

The wedding was near completion and the tombstones just made his Gothic theme stunning. My body shook with anger as I waited for the priest’s breath-taking sentence. However, there he was, holding a golden cup in his hands along with a pair of a woman’s hands. His once exuberant eyes had become listless and empty like he didn’t want to be here. His black suit made him look skinnier than he already was.
“If any here has anything to say against this couple, please speak now of forever hold your peace.” The priest’s bored eyes jumped over to me as I threw my hand into the air like an anxious student waiting to be called on.
“I do!” I held back my warm tears, “That man is a liar. I don’t want you to suffer the same as I did, honey. Y-You can find someone much better than him.”

Drake started to laugh…the laugh that used to make me dissolve. I closed my violet hues and soon felt a pair of muscular arms around my shoulders.
“You’re so stupid, Roxxi,” I heard him whisper as he pulled me closer to him, “this was not my choice. It was arranged years ago but--”
“You can not marry this human on sacred grounds!” Drake was interrupted. “She’s not even close to being one of us, how dare you step out tradition!?”

Drake’s ungodly aqua hues sparkled as he released his grip from me, now cradling my cheek with one hand and running a nail down my neck and along my collar bone. My heart froze, what was he planning?
“Shut up,” he growled, pulling this group into a low hush, “I’m well aware of what she is. It’s what I’m going to do to her.”
“And what do you mean by that?” I spluttered.
“The reason why I brought you here in the first place,” He placed his forehead against mine, “to pull you into my world for eternity. To turn you into something that you’ve desired to be since you were young.”

I could now see the white, pearly fangs that projected from his pale pink mouth. He ran his tongue seductively along the points of his sharpened canines. Yet, out of instinct—like I had seen his fangs before—I moved my hair out of his way. This is what I wanted. Ever since I was ten, I had dreamed of this day… The day I switched sides over to the undead. An orphan with exaggerated dreams of becoming something people did not believe. Who would worry? I’m twenty-six years old with no one but him. This was the day I yearned to feel his cold, dead skin against my skin.

Tonight I became something I lusted for. To become, not a monster but, a vampire.
Sign up to rate and review this story