Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Chaos Reigns but Love Still Fights

The Dance

by wishing_on_a_rainbow 0 reviews

It's the night of the school dance. Who is going with who? What is Jacinta going to wear? Warning: lotsa fluff in this scene

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-10-17 - Updated: 2008-10-17 - 1865 words - Complete

0Unrated
~Next Saturday...~
It was the day of the dance! Theresa jumped out of bed and got in the shower, contemplating which colour eyeshadow would look best with her dress.
****
Neil got out of bed extra early to decide what to wear. This would take a while considering how many clothes he had. “Hmmm...” he said, half to himself.
***
Atlanta was up later than normal; doing her hair so it would stay up all day. She looked at her outfit and gave up, letting her hair fall and sit like a normal persons.
******
Herry and Odie were downstairs, too busy eating to be bothered thinking about the dance. Both had decided on wearing jeans and a plain T-shirt.
*****
Jay was sitting at his desk, totally in la-la land. He had finally asked Theresa to go to the dance with him and... she said yes! He was trying to imagine what she was going to wear but gave up and went to go stand in the line for the shower.
**********
Archie was looking through his cupboard for things to wear. It took him a while but he eventually found what he was looking for and so, went to go wait in the line for the shower, behind Jay.
***************
Jacinta got up last and, yawning, walked down the stairs for breakfast. She knew what she was going to wear and had agreed to hardly any makeup. She would have preferred none but Theresa had insisted, so, she had, grudgingly, agreed. Speaking of Theresa, where was she? Terri, Lanta and Cinta were going to have a girl’s day because they had no better idea for how to spend the day. They were going to go boarding but even though Jacinta and Atlanta had their own, Theresa didn’t and Archie wasn’t going to lend her his. He loved it more than anything. Except for, maybe, a certain brunette...
()
It was eleven, in the morning, and all the guys had left to go help out at the school. They would be setting up all the equipment and decorating the Hall so it looked good. The girls, however, were sitting in the lounge room, giggling at Theresa, who was telling them how she’d tripped over a basket ball in sports and fell into Jay’s arms. They were vegging out, chatting randomly and playing truth or dare. Eventually they got bored and so, went through each others clothes and stuff. By the time they were over that, it was three. “OH NO!” Theresa exclaimed. Jacinta and Atlanta rushed over to find out what was wrong. “There’s only four hours till the dance starts... We need makeovers, pronto!” Theresa said, rushing around, collecting all her makeup and hair stuff together. She did her face, quickly, but nicely and Atlanta’s as well. Now it was Jacinta’s turn. “I changed my mind, I don’t want any makeup at all,” she said as she saw the evil look exchanged between her friends. She started to back away then turned and ran. After a while, the other two caught up with her and made her up. “At least we know your weakness now- a hatred of makeup!” Theresa joked, “but seriously, what is your weakness?”
“Gold,” Jacinta said, smiling at Terri’s joke.
“Gold?” Atlanta sounded stunned.
“Yep, I don’t know why but it burns me and dissolves my hair.” Jacinta replied, deadly serious.
“Wow, that’s so random!” Atlanta cried, laughing at the thought of Jacinta’s hair dissolving.
********
AT THE DANCE!!!
Archie was already at the dance when it started. He had been helping set up the Hall with Jay and the other guys all day. The music had started and everyone was either talking or dancing. Archie, however, was doing neither. He was waiting for Jacinta to arrive. She had said that she was running late, by about fifteen minutes, when she called him on his PMR. ‘Calm down Archie!’ he told himself, ‘she’ll be here soon.’ He then stood up, stretching, and looked around. Jay and Theresa were sitting, his arm around her, talking to Herry and Atlanta. Suddenly, the music changed from a lively hip-hop beat to ‘I’m Yours’ the Jason Mraz song that Jacinta liked. It was then that Archie saw her, standing at the door in a brightly striped dress that reached her knees. It had straps that tied up at the back, in a bow and on her feet was a pair of flat black sandals. On her arm was a matching bag. Her hair was straightened and her eyes had a little bit of brown eyeshadow. Archie was dumbstruck and could only stare as she walked over. It wasn’t until she started to talk that he snapped out of it. “You look good,” she complimented him, referring to his plain blue shirt and black jeans. “Y...y...you do t...t...too,” he stammered out, face turning all different shades of pink. “I’m gonna go for a walk, it’s too stuffy in here, wanna join me?” she asked, turning towards the door. Archie followed her as she walked along the greenery surrounding the Hall. “Hey!” she exclaimed, “you can hear the music from here!” Archie strained his ears and heard the line ‘So I won’t hesitate no more, no more, it can not wait, I’m yours.’ He was just about to take the songs advice and kiss Jacinta but it started to rain. Jacinta smiled, pulling a fold-up umbrella out of her bag. She unfolded it and handed it to Archie, continuing to walk in the rain. It washed her makeup away, making her look more beautiful, if possible. See, Archie is one of those guys that think that makeup doesn’t make someone look better. He preferred the natural look anytime. “Jacinta?” Archie asked. “Yeah?” she stopped and turned to look at Archie. “This,” he said, and kissed her. They pulled apart, Jacinta looking surprised. “Well, that was unexpected,” she said slowly. “I’m sorry” Archie replied as he looked down at his shoes. “I never finished what I was going to say. That was unexpected and... Enjoyable,” Archie looked up, a smile forming on his lips as he realized what she was saying. She sighed, grabbed the front of his shirt, pulling him into a passionate kiss. All that could be heard in the background was the lyrics to a song- 'Look into your heart and you'll find love, love, love. I'm yours."
() Later
The two teens were walking, hands entwined. Jacinta kept asking Archie how long he’d liked her for. “Quite a while, actually” he admitted. “Whoosh!” The rain was coming down in sheets now. Archie and Jacinta made a dash for cover, and ran inside. They sat down with Jay, Theresa, Herry and Atlanta just as Odie wandered over with his date, Sera, an Australian exchange student. She was really smart and actually understood why wires were so interesting to him. It was quite cute actually. Neil, however, had left early, claiming to need beauty sleep but Herry said that his date ditched him because he’s too self-centered. Everyone sat talking, getting to know Sera when Jacinta’s all time favourite song came on- When I’m With You, by Faber Drive. “You wanna dance?” Archie asked her, half-expecting her to say no. “Sure,” she answered, happily.

Saw you walk in to the room,
Thought I'd try to talk to you
Babe, am I ever glad you wanted me too
It's been two years to the day
half the time I've been away
I know I'm not there enough,
but that's gonna change
'cause I'm coming back
to show you that
I'm keeping the promise I made


Theresa smiled as she watched Jacinta and Archie dance. Jay noticed and asked, “what are you smiling for?”
“You mean other than being at the dance with a totally amazing guy? I’m glad that those two got together. They’re so cute together!” she answered, “anyway, up for a dance?”
“Of course,” Jay answered, leading her to the dance floor.

Archie had his arms around Jacinta and they were swaying to the song. He had never felt so calm and accomplished.

When I'm with you
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you whenever you're not around
when I kiss you
I still get butterflies
years from now,
I'll make every second count
when I'm with you
(na, na, na, na, na nananananana)
(na, na, na, na, na nananananana)


‘This song was perfect.’ Archie thought. It literally fitted his thoughts about the beautiful girl dancing with him.

Yeah, we've had our ups and downs,
but we've always worked 'em out
Babe, am I ever glad we got this far now
Still I'm lying here tonight
wishing I was by your side
'cause when I'm not there enough,
nothing feels right
so I'm coming back to show you that I'll love you the rest of my life


Jay and Theresa were dancing slowly. He felt so calm, like he could forget all about Cronus and his plans for once and just be a normal teenager. It felt good.

When I'm with you,
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you, whenever your not around
When I kiss you,
I still get butterflies
years from now
I'll make every second count
when I'm with you


Theresa was happy. She’d succeeded in getting Jay to loosen up and scored a dance all in one night. She felt very accomplished and was enjoying the night.

Whatever it takes
I'm not gonna break the promise I made
When I'm with you,
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you
Yeah
When I'm with you,
I'll make every second count
cause I miss you, whenever your not around
When I kiss you,
I still get butterflies
years from now
I'll make every second count
When I'm with you (na, na, na, na, na nananananana)
When I'm with you (na, na, na, na, na nananananana)
When I'm with you (na, na, na, na, na nananananana)
When I'm with you (na, na, na, na, na nananananana)
(nananananana)
(nananananana)


“Told you that they’d end up together!” Herry said to Atlanta, meaning Jacinta and Archie.

Odie was sitting at the table watching Archie and Jacinta. 'Why does he like her?' He wondered, tapping his fingers on the table. 'She has a temper that's worse than Persephones and she always fighting with Jay, Neil and Atlanta. Her opinions always seem to object everyone else's. She could be the nicest and sweetest person ever once you really get to know her, but, until then... I just, don't like her. She needs to stop fighting everything and go with it, for once. She fights everything, it's really annoying... But I gotta admit, she does like Archie, a lot. And he likes her back, so... Who am I to judge?'
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Heya, I've got so many ideas that they're popping out the shizang! Tellsies what you like and/or dislike please!
Disclaimer: I don't own the song :'( (When I'm With You by Faber Drive)
Sign up to rate and review this story