Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

When I'm With You

by wishing_on_a_rainbow 0 reviews

A/A 1shot songfic. Atlanta is on her deathbed, will Archie be able to confess his feelings in time?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-10-20 - Updated: 2008-10-21 - 1814 words - Complete

1Moving
It’s been a year since the seven heroes beat the evil god of time, Cronus. It’s also been a year since the seven went their separate ways. They met two years ago and became friends, bonded by experiences, pain, loss and occasionally, love. Herry became a country boy, living on his granny’s farm when she passed on. Jay became a boating instructor and Theresa became a Judo and Tai-Kwan-Do champion, winning every contest imaginable. Neil became an even more famous model and Odie went on to become the youngest ever Nobel Prize winner. Archie, well, he was still the same as ever. Stubborn and annoying but he had learnt some manners over the years and even though he still went out with other girls, never forgot Atlanta. And she never forgot him. They promised to meet up all the time and still be friends but eventually; they went separate ways, leaving each other behind. Of all of the heroes, Archie was the most eager to see his friends again. Atlanta helped her dad out with his gun shop and shooting range but then went to college, training for running. Hoping to be picked for the Olympic team for Canada, she never stopped until a car accident had put her in a coma. She was in an ICU section of a hospital and had been in a coma for two months. She was the reason everyone was gathered at the school.

Saw you walk in to the room,
Thought I'd try to talk to you
Babe, am I ever glad you wanted me too
It's been two years to the day
half the time I've been away
I know I'm not there enough,
but that's gonna change
'cause I'm coming back
to show you that
I'm keeping the promise I made


Archie was sitting in Hera’s solarium waiting for everyone to arrive. First cam Jay, still carrying his Xiphos everywhere. Then there was a squeal as Theresa flew through the door and wrapped her arms around Jay, kissing him squarely on the lips. Archie tried his hardest not to snicker but ultimately failed. “You’ve got no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that,” Theresa said, smiling at the dumbstruck look on Jay’s face. She then went red as she saw Archie in the corner laughing his head off. Pretty soon, the others had arrived. Odie brought Calypso and Neil was with the prettiest women any of the guys had ever seen, both of them as self-centered as was humanly possible. Herry was on his own and waiting for ‘that special girl’ as he put it. They all spent hours in the school, talking about what they did once they left.

When I'm with you
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you whenever you're not around
when I kiss you
I still get butterflies
years from now,
I'll make every second count
when I'm with you


Archie went to visit Atlanta with all the others. She was surrounded by tubes and whirring, blipping, flashing machines. Archie felt sick to see Atlanta, the strongest person he had even known, to be this pale with machines and tubes attached just so she wouldn’t let go. He had to get out. He ran to the door, flung it open and proceeded to make his way out the front of the hospital. When he made it out, he sat on the steps that led to the front door and pulled out his PMR. It beeped as he flicked through the pictures to find the one he wanted. It was of him and Atlanta, tackling each other, smiling and laughing. Hands shaking, he grabbed his phone and called his house-mate, Georgie. “Hey, Georgie, I’m not gonna be back for a while. I got some stuff I gotta take care of in New Olympia before I come back.”
“Kay, you ok? You don’t sound too good...”
“Yeah, I’m just feeling a bit off today. Can you please call Sean and let him know that I won’t be back for about a month?”
“Sure, can do.”
“Thanks, cya...”
“Bye.”

Yeah, we've had our ups and downs,
but we've always worked 'em out
Babe, am I ever glad we got this far now
Still I'm lying here tonight
wishing I was by your side
'cause when I'm not there enough,
nothing feels right
so I'm coming back to show you that I'll love you the rest of my life


It was nine at night. Everyone was staying at the Brownstone, except for Atlanta. She was in hospital, trying to get healed. Archie was lying in his old room, in his old bed, staring up at the old ceiling. The only difference was that he was eighteen now, with a promising career as a gym teacher. In a matter of minutes his world was turned upside down. Atlanta was fighting for her life and he’d never had a chance to tell her how he felt. ‘Stupid people! Driving drunk!’ he thought, wishing that he could be hugged up to Lanta now, sharing a bed or even a couch. He missed her so badly it hurt. He wanted her to know that he loved her but he never got the chance to tell her before they parted a year ago.

When I'm with you,
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you, whenever you’re not around
When I kiss you,
I still get butterflies
years from now
I'll make every second count
when I'm with you


Theresa and Jay were sitting on the couch, watching TV, Theresa in the other’s arms. She looked shocked at the state that her friend was in. Atlanta was always the toughest and it made Theresa sad to think that she could slip away so easily. “You know what? If theres something to be learnt, it’s that life is too precious to loose. Stay with me, forever, I’ll always look after you,” Jay said sincerely, “I missed you, everyday. I’m going to make every second count from now on.”
“I know you will and I will stay with you. Who knows what I may need to protect you from?” Theresa smiled, putting her head on Jay’s shoulder. She fell asleep and not long after, Jay did too.

Whatever it takes
I'm not gonna break the promise I made
When I'm with you,
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you


Archie grabbed his hoodie and crept down the stairs. He skirted past the living room and out the door. He breathed a sigh of relief as soon as he felt the cool, night air brush past his face. He was running now, running as fast as he could. He had no idea where he was going, just that he needed to let all his frustration out. Without realizing it, he ended up at the park, in between all the trees. There was a glowing light in front of him. He took a step towards it.

Yeah

“Bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip...” in the hospital, Atlanta was flat-lining. Doctors and nurses where rushing backwards and forwards, carrying instruments and various types of knives. “Clear!” someone called and defribulaters (Spelling?) were set against her chest, causing her back to arch. It was too late. She was gone.

When I'm with you,
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you, whenever you’re not around
When I kiss you,
I still get butterflies
years from now
I'll make every second count


Buh, Buh, Buh, Buh BUHHHHHH! The Brownstone’s phone was going off, Theresa ran to answer it. “Hello is this Theresa Collins?” a formal voice on the other end asked.
“Yeah?”
“This is Dr. Delphi at the Royal Canadian Hospital. I’m sorry to say that Atlanta passed away an hour ago.”
“Ahh!” Theresa squeaked, dropping the phone. Jay ran over to her and held her as she screamed, her hands clutching at her face as tears slid down. “What happened?” Jay asked, concerned for the beautiful red-head in his arms. “At... At... Atlanta... gone... dead!” was all she could manage to sob in reply. Jay immediately picked up the phone, “this is Jay, what happened?”
“I’m sorry Jay, she just gave up. She flat-lined and there was nothing we could do about it. We tried for half an hour but she left us. She’s probably in a better place.”
“THUD!” Theresa collapsed onto the floor, screaming and kicking as Jay hung up the phone. He sat with her, protecting her with his strong arms. Everyone came down the stairs except Archie, to see what happened. “She can’t be gone! No, No, NOOO! I won’t believe you. They’re lying! SHE’S NOT GONE!!” Theresa was screaming now. “I’m really sorry but...” Jay started, telling everyone surrounding him and Theresa, what happened.

When I'm with you
When I'm with you
When I'm with you
When I'm with you


Archie stepped towards the bright light and saw a figure. “Atlanta?” he asked, surprised. He ran to hug her until he realized she wasn’t real. She was transparency, see-through almost. “Archie,” she said, her voice sounding far off. “I’ll wait for you Archie! I’ll wait for you in the Elysian Fields. Don’t give up now. It’s your destiny to live a long life, until you join me. Be happy and free. Goodbye!”
“Wait! Atlanta! There’s something I need to say!”
“Yes?”
“I lo...I lo... I love you! Always have and always will!”
“I love you too Archie! But now it’s my turn to go, goodbye! I will see you again!”
“Don’t go!”
“I have to!” she was starting to sound fed-up. “Goodbye.”
“Goodbye!”
Suddenly she was gone and Archie was alone. He walked home sadly. When he walked through the door into the Brownstone, Jay opened his mouth to say something but Archie cut him off. “I know she’s gone. She said goodbye to me about half an hour ago.” He said as he left to go up to his room. ‘At least I got to say goodbye and tell her how I felt.’ He thought sadly. ‘I’ll see her again. One day.’

~Finito~

Heya everyone! Hoping that everyone enjoyed it but I can't tell what you're thinking unless you rate and review (Hint hint!!!) lol! Anyway, I hope that the song fit the story but I'm not sure so plz R/R to let me know.
Got any ideas on how to make it better? email me
Got an idea that you're too lazy to use? email me
Got a song that would fit better? email me
My email address is lol.rolf.lmao.im_an_idiot@hotmail.com I'll try to get back to you ASAP
Sign up to rate and review this story