Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > The Lair

01

by Nekocin 1 review

KaiRei Drabbles working with 30 themes

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kai, Ray - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-03-10 - Updated: 2006-03-10 - 668 words

0Unrated
The Lair
Title: A Mid-afternoon tea
Pairing: (mild) KaiRei
Themes: #6 Tea + #19 Words
Rating/Warnings: G, OoC(?)
Disclaimer: Beyblade doesn't belong to me
Author's notes: This is my first time writing stories that require themes. :3 It looked fun when I read the rules. I only hope this one looks okay, because it's not exactly yaoi-just mild shounen ai (Is that even allowed?).

----

On mid-afternoons like this one, he (almost) always finds himself wondering about the nature behind his 'friendship' with a certain Kon Rei. It seems as if he keeps coming back to the other-no, correction/-/REI is the one who keeps coming back to him.
They're not exactly what one would call "friends", though, the term seems to fit perfectly for some reason.

Is it because of the many quiet but meaningless smiles the other would send his way from across the table? Or is it because of the many times they seem to be spending together without the three younger ones? Or is it just the tea Rei has been serving him these last few weeks?

In the end he has decided that perhaps the answer is the latter one.

"Do you want more, Kai?" Another quiet smile tugging the corners of Rei's lips, as the owner picks up the tea pot, holding it in mid-hover in his direction-or rather his cup's direction.

He glances down at his near empty cup, which he has been cradling between his palms for a few minutes. Without a second thought he holds out his cup, silently saying 'Yes, please' in his mind. There's no need of those words being said. He doesn't have to. And Rei understands it anyway, taking his cue to refill his cup.

After having filled the cup to the brim, he holds the teapot back and places it on the tea tray on the plastic table that separated their chairs. Rei flashes him another quiet smile and cradles his own porcelain cup between his hands.

It's rather unusual for him to ask for a re-fill; he doesn't even like tea! The damn liquid tastes bitter at times, sometimes bland-almost like water even, and not to forget disgusting. But there's just something about Rei's concoction that makes him want more. It tastes different, he muses silently, while blowing over his hot drink.

Almost like-tropical rain wetting the forest, moistening the air and the soil, and fleetingly kissing the leaves...

He scowls at the thought, glaring at his half-finished cup, before putting it down on the table and stands up.

Rei gives him a bewildered look with a hint of disappointment and hurt. "Is something wrong with your tea?" The quiet smile in place again.

He responds with a sharp glance in Rei's direction. Still no words being said.

The other shrinks back slightly, his smile faltering and a hint of anxiety skitters away from his eyes.

"-it's fine," he mumbles at last, tearing his eyes from his citrine-eyed teammate and walks unhurriedly out of the room. He could feel Rei's quiet but no-longer-meaningless smile behind his back.

Licking his lips to savor the strangely sweet lingering aftertaste Rei's tea has left, he suddenly gets the urge to kiss someone. Absently, he looks over his shoulder.

END

----

1) citrine-eyed - Ahahaha, I don't do well with clichés. I've noticed a lot of fanwriters giving Rei -/Golden/- eyes. It has a nice ring, of course. I re-watched Beyblade when I got the opportunity and looked at screen caps, sadly Rei doesn't really have golden eyes in my opinion... *gets beaten by Rei-fans*

TheNekoTalks: ._.;; U-uhm... I-I can explain! Really! I was trying to get back to my metaphor style of writing but instead my writing turned out introspective. ._.;;
At first I'd wanted to add #30 Kisses in this one too, but it didn't fit-the theme is stronger than Tea and Words, so I left that one out. I think I've made quite a big deal on the tea-part and quiet smiles ._.;;

.:Nekocin:.

Edit: URGH, typos! I edited them. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Sign up to rate and review this story