Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > How Could This Happen To Me?

How Could This Happen To Me?

by basketball_is_life 0 reviews

Pg 13 for language.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2008-10-26 - Updated: 2008-10-27 - 1070 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

"You only have one life to live, but if you live it right, you only need one lifetime"

I hate those words. Why? Because it reminds me that every single day, somebody out there is living a perfect life, with perfect friends, perfect parents, perfect everything. Fuck perfection. My name’s Serenity Williams and my life’s nothing close to perfection.

Here’s why my life sucks.

1) I’m on a plane to some gross, cold city called Montreal and I just found out about this 3 days ago. I’m guessing my parents told me so late because they were scared that I’d run away with some guy and get pregnant before I’m of age, just because I don’t want to be here. Well, actually, I would have done that.
2) I have to give up tanning on the beach all day for having a choice of hobbies between parka and igloo making.
3) I just got a boyfriend. A hot one too. Named Kyle. And I had to break up with him. Fun.
4) I’m graduating this year, and I was planning having my grad party with a pool. Or a beach. But not an ice rink. And penguins. Or are penguins in Alaska?
5) I could go on, but then I’d probably realize how much my life DOES suck and become emo.

Back to the plane, it had just landed, and I grabbed my worn out carry-on, which was bursting with CD’s from MxPx, Oasis, Bryan Adams, the Darkness, Green Day, and more music like that, along with the random shot of lip-gloss, and eyeliner. You gotta have eyeliner.

My parents had already stood up, and were in that un-movable line up, because some person decides that they want to become all friendly and start chatting up things with the flight attendant who says,

“Thank-You for flying Alaska Air, come again.”

Standing up, I tripped, because my ripped jeans had gotten caught underneath the thing that holds those life jackets incase the plane drowns.

“Crap!”

I yelled, as I fell into the crowded isle. Before my head hit the cold, gross, gum covered ground; I felt a pair of warm, strong, arms wrap around me to catch me.

I looked up to see a pretty cute, brown haired, brown eyed guy, who looked around my age, grinning from ear to ear, inches from my face.

“Next time, I’d recommend falling after getting off the plane, I’m pretty sure it’s safer. The name’s Chuck”

He held out a hand to shake, and I smiled and shook it eagerly.

“Serenity”

“Seriously? That’s a pretty wicked name” he said, grinning even more.

“Uh…Want to let me go now?” I asked, but it sounded more like a statement.

“Oh. Yeah. Sorry.” He said, blushing at the cheeks.

We stood up, and walked to the exit of the plane together.

“Thank you for flying Alaska Air!” the flight attendant said.

We both ignored her, because we were so into our lame conversation.

“So where are you from?” Chuck asked.

“California.”

“WHOA. SERIOUSLY? When are you going back?”

“Never. I’m living here now, just moved here about…” I checked my watch.

“1 minute ago.” He laughed.

“So, what school are you going to go to now?”

“Umm…I’m not sure, my parents know, its like College Be-something.”

“Beaubois? College Beaubois?”

“Yeah! That’s what it’s called. Do you know people who go there?”

“Yep. Me. And my friends, Pierre, Jeff, Seb, and David.”

“Cool, you have to introduce me I don’t want to be a loner.”

He laughed, and we arrived at immigration. We both handed the officers our passports, mine was still American, because I can’t get my Canadian Passport until I’ve lived here for 3 years.

After, we caught up with our families, who were chatting along side us, and Chuck and I exchanged phone numbers. I liked Chuck as a friend, but I wasn’t sure if he thought of our 10 minute friendship the same way.

We both said our goodbyes, they went to their car, and we went to Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Waiting for the car to come, my mom and I sat beside each other, talking about the flight and Chuck.

“So, he seems like a nice boy.” My mom said.

“Yeah. He is.”

“Do you like him?”

“Ewww, c’mon mom, you have got to stop this 'I understand that you have feelings and that you’re a maturing adult who is looking for love thing.”

“Well, if you don’t like him, then I don’t care. But you’re going to have to put up with him for one night, because I invited them over for dinner in a week from today, they seem like nice enough people.”

“Oh. Great. That’s just great. Good to know that you always ask for my opinion first.”

I said, face turning red. We both stood up, and loaded all our stuff into the Cadillac truck that pulled up to the entrance.

Who would have guessed that you could rent a Cadillac? Oh well, that’s what you should expect from my dad. If I haven’t told you before, my dad is the CEO for Atlantic Records, which pretty much means that money isn’t one of the problems that I have in life. Along with that, meeting the latest bands isn’t the biggest news for him either. Just last month at the dinner table, he casually announced that he met up with Led Zeppelin. LED ZEPPELIN. And yet he says it like he met his grandmother for yoga class.

Pulling into our new house, I realized that I had never been told or shown what our new house looked like. They should have told me before; I would have been more lenient to coming. The house was gorgeous. It was all shades of brown, and stones were climbing around the walls. Now this is starting to feel more like what I’m used to.

When I went up to my bedroom, all there was, was an empty bed, and about 20 totaled boxes, holding all my stuff. I grabbed a pair of pajamas, not bothering to brush my teeth, and fell asleep onto the soft, uncovered, cold, bed, dreaming about what life in Montreal would be like, and what life with Chuck would be like.
Sign up to rate and review this story